The New Generation Tournament of Power R6 - Kiryu2012 vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

The New Generation Tournament of Power R6 - Kiryu2012 vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Kiryu2012
Maga-Orochi, Skull Gomora, Cyber Gomora, Gargorgon, Zegun, Night Fang, Kong (Monsterverse), Gispy Avenger, Erimaki-Telesdon, Gamera (Showa) and Segmeger

VS

GodzillavsRayquaza
Baraba (Z), Thunder Killer, Bullton (Z), Alien Barossa (Gen I), King Ghidorah (Heisei), Indominus rex, Ramarak, Alien Gapiya Abel and Hyper Zetton Deathscythe

Arena: Nebula M78

Rules: No retreating, fight is to the knockout/death.
All combatants' height and weights set to Showa scale.
Kong does not possess the Fin Breaker.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The New Generation Tournament of Power R6 - Kiryu2012 vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Ok, I think I can win here. Showa Gamera will be very swiftly killed, turning this into a 9v10. Indominus and Ramarak probably won’t do much, but neither will Gipsy Avenger once beams start flying, so we’re at 7v9.

I do have counters to Kiryu’s haxier abilities. Night Fang and Gargorgon are an issue due to their nightmares and petrifiication, but I have Thunder Killer, Barossa, and Abel with their intellect and weaponry to see that they need to destroy the eyes of those two to prevent those powers. Baraba also displays intellect in fighting as well, but I don’t want to bet everything on him also recognizing this even though he’d be the best for dealing with them. And once Gargorgon’s eye is destroyed, anyone she petrified returns A-Ok.

Zegun’s dimensional beam is bad, but guess what, I have two separate guys on my team who can just traverse dimensions with no issue. Bullton might be able to actually save anyone else who gets hit with the dimensional ray.

Between Bullton and HZD, no one on Kiryu’s team is going to be able to catch a break, they’ll be perfect support and should be both capable of dealing with most of their foes here in 1v1s to free themselves up. Bullton can immobilize someone, neutralize projectiles, and unleash a heavy amount of projectiles. He’s perfect support and more than capable of holding his own which he’ll need to at first due to the numbers advantage.

Heisei Ghidorah’s beam spam will mess up anyone it hits except Maga-Orochi. MV Kong won’t like getting hit with constant Gravity Bolts and getting bashed to the ground to be used like a trampoline. Ghidorah’s beam spam also helps everyone else on my team if he fires it everywhere, getting good damage and distraction in on everyone else.

Baraba can handle Maga-Orochi. He probably won’t win solo, but he can easily hold his own and dish out punishment to make Maga-Orochi hurt. Between his fighting skill, sheer durability and strength, and vast arsenal, he can match Maga-Orochi blow for blow. And, if need be due to how slow Maga-Orochi is, turn away long enough to fire a strong attack at another enemy and blow them away to help his team out.

Barossa and Abel aren’t the strongest guys on the field, but they have versatility and intellect to help them out here. They’re very tricky fighters, and with no one on the opposing team at the level of intellect of an Ultra, they’ll be able to be immense help. Thunder Killer’s just objectively better than Skull Gomora, yeah he’s physically weaker but he more than makes up for it in every other category.

My team will be pushed to the brink and lose most of its members, but superior general intellect and skill along with Bullton’s dimensional powers and King Ghidorah’s range and power give me the win.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: The New Generation Tournament of Power R6 - Kiryu2012 vs. GodzillavsRayquaza

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Well, it's finally happened. I had a strong feeling this matchup was just inevitably gonna happen this round.

Right, so Baraba vs Maga-Orochi will be interesting, and I feel those two will be busy with each other for the most part, leaving everyone else to tango. Gamera's not gonna last too long here, unless he's in one of his smarter moments and uses his intellect to try and come up with a strategy of sorts to help out, but I doubt he'd be able to accomplish too much before getting taken out.

Segmeger's poison will be hazardous to a lot of GvR's team, though I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference it'll make in the long run. Telesdon's beam reflection can help offset at least some of the firepower coming his way, but I doubt he'll be able to counter a whole considering the beams that will be flying. Avenger can handle some of the weaker opponents fine enough, but being a PR mech, it won't fare well against the stronger ones of GvR's team. Kong, even without his axe, is an agile brute, and he can absolutely take out some of the enemy team if he gets the chance. He's basically the hard counter to Ramarak, and he absolutely can demolish Indominus and at least hold his own against some of the stronger monsters. It's the likes of Ghidorah and Bullton, though, that make me wary.

Thunder Killer and Skull Gomora will likely be busy with each other, and in the meantime Gargorgon's petrification will prove useful in taking out whoever gets hit. Yeah, if her eye gets damaged this effect is undone, but with the projectiles flying around and the number of kaiju present, I feel like whoever gets turned to stone will get smashed to bits in some way or another, so this might be irrelevant. Zegun's dimensional beam, though, might well be hard countered by Bullton's shenanigans. HZD's teleporting around is certainly gonna be an annoyance.

If Gargorgon petrifies someone like Bullton and it gets destroyed, my team might have a shot at winning this. For now, though, I'm undecided.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

This is a toughie. Both sides bring up very valid points. Baraba is not someone to be trifled with, and Hyper Zetton Deathscythe likewise is going to be a huge thorn in Kiryu's side, along with Bullton's fuckery in general. On the flip side, there's Zegun's dimensional beam and Segmeger's poison, as well as Night Fang's nightmare ability and Telesdon being able to deflect beams. And of course, Kong and Maga Orochi are likewise not to be trifled with. Both squads are imposing, and have decently good chances of taking down the other...

That being said, I feel Kiryu has the slightly stronger draft of the two, and it's thanks to him having Kong on his side. Kong single handedly manhandles the like of the Indominus, Ramarak, and even the likes of Heisei Ghidorah. Ghidorah's gravity bolts are... okay beam weapons, but given we see Kong shrug off a blast from MV Goji's far more potent beams, he won't have much of a problem dealing with them before closing the distance and manhandling the hydra with his far better close quarters combat. And if Ghidorah is in the air, what's stopping Kong from just grabbing Ramarak or the Indom or someone else and swinging him into the flying dragon to ground him?

Also, with the numbers advantage being in Kiryu's favor, that means a few of his guys get to either double team someone or just remain free to cast from the backline, like Gamera or Night Fang, and while Kiryu's own squad has frail guys, the frail boys on GvR's side are far more likely to go down first, and from there things just start escalating into a waterfall effect as GvR's crew finds itself outnumbered and ganged up on. I can easily see Baraba and Hyper Zetton Deathscythe being the last ones standing, but thanks to the combination of crowd control and just very annoying fighters to deal with, Kiryu's got a good advantage.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I would strongly disagree with the assessment that Kong “shrugged off” MV Godzilla’s beam. It is clearly agonizing every time it hits him, at one point a grazing shot of less than a second to the back having a clear effect.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Between Bullton’s reality warping shenanigans and projectile nullification, the higher fighting skill and intellect of my team, Baraba’s power and versatility, and MV Kong’s lack of beam resistance, I believe my team will barely seize a victory.
KWCE Administrator

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Gonna have to side with my team for this.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’m going to side with Kiryu on this one. Baraba is one tough cookie, but I think Maga Orochi could defeat him given time, and as long as Gargorgon manages to get rid of Bullton, that should make the fight a lot easier for Kiryu’s team.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

My vote goes to GodzillavsRayquaza. What makes Orochi so dangerous (besides his regeneration) is his Maga Thunderclap. With that rendered moot because of Baraba's portals and other allies able to reflect energy attacks, Orochi's going to be pulverizing himself and add that with better close quarters as opposed to brute strength with strength to match and he'll eventually get knocked out by Baraba. This is a problem for Gargorgon and Zegun too since their assets can be used against them. Erimaki-Telesdon can fight fire with fire, but one shot good or bad and bye-bye defense.

Ramarak and Barossa might not be especially tough compared to the competition, but Gipsy is weaker according to how Pacific Rim mecha and kaiju are seen on this site and the other is tricky enough to stall the physical powerhouses long enough for backup to arrive. Kong is tough and strong, but Zetton is fast enough and Abel is tough enough to keep up and shoot him down (in a physical fight he's tough but beams hurt him, it's why he tries to evade them when possible with him getting banged up by an atomic ray in the Hong Kong fight). Gamera is tough too not for durability but for endurance (beating Viras when repeatedly getting stabbed in the stomach is the best example), but his power will let him contend only with lower ranked enemies like Ramarak or the Indominus Rex. We already said who would win between Gamera and Ghidorah a while ago, so he and the others above him can deal with him soon enough. The real problems here are Night Fang's nightmares, Segmeger's poison, and the physical might of the Gomora.

Even so, I think they could be taken down eventually.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

This is a hellish fight, but I feel Kiryu having the much better fighter in Kong as opposed to Heisei Ghidorah, and more crowd control/ways to limit the effectiveness of the enemy team, makes me lean toward him. This fight is basically a coin flip, with all the dimensional fuckery/poison/petrification/nightmares going around, but it is a coin I feel is just slightly heavier in Kiryu's favor
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!