Kaiju Kolosseum Round 3: SoggyNoodles2016 vs VoyagerGoji

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Kaiju Kolosseum Round 3: SoggyNoodles2016 vs VoyagerGoji

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SoggyNoodles2016
Shin Godzilla, Jet Jaguar, and Mothra Imago (03)

VS.

VoyagerGoji
Kiryu (02), Megalon, and Anguirus (Showa)

Arena: San Francisco

Rules: No retreat, fight is to the knockout/death.
Standard scaling rules apply.
Shin is as he is during the final battle of the film.
Shin’s beams cannot harm his allies.

Please, post your votes in bold.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Kaiju Kolosseum Round 3: SoggyNoodles2016 vs VoyagerGoji

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Much as it pains me to say, but I think the odds stack a great deal in favor of VoyagerGoji. Jet could hold his own decently against Megalon, but then there’s Anguirus who would SKREEONK him up. Together, they’d own him.

Mothra (2003), while nimble and tricky at first, isn’t that durable and would only take one solid hit to knock her outta commission.

Then there’s millennium MechaGodzilla and Shin Godzilla- and that battle would depend entirely on who struck first. Shin Godzilla’s atomic breath has the power to deal this fight done- but there’s a hitch.

MechaGodzilla has the ability to make fatally key use of ShinGoji’s big major weakness: freezing. If that Absolute Zero Cannon scores a direct hit, it’s over. And since no evolutions/adaptations are allowed here, I’d say Kiryu could spell Godzilla Earth-sized trouble for Shin.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

If this was pre-climax Shin, Voyager would have this pretty easily, since Kiryu could just take his sweet time and AZC Shim while he stood there staring, and then help out the rest of his team clean up shop.

That is not the case here, and because of that, Soggy has a much better chance of winning. An active free firing Shin freed of the restraints of friendly fire will utterly decimate the enemy team in his own right, with Megalon likely being the only one standing after the assault, albeit heavily marred and wounded, if Anguirus is also still up. Jet Jaguar is a good enough fighter to be able to deal with either Megalon or Anguirus by himself, especially with them wounded, and Mothra can just use her winds or hit and run tactics to keep them unstable and rolling across the ground. As for Kiryu... Kiryu just cannot take beams well, at all. Every insta-charge beam from SOS Godzilla sent him flying head over heels, and more often than not something was shortcircuited or needed to be jump started. Now replace that beam, replace it with over a dozen others that trade out the sheer kinetic force for cutting and heat properties, and Kiryu is not going to have a fun time.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Yeah, Gira kind of took the words right out of my mouth. I will like to say though I think Mothra 03 is kind of Anguirus's worst nightmare. Too fast for him to grab and endlessly able to throw him back? He'll be pretty sol until she has to go help JJ with Megalon/Shin takes pity and beams him.

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 pm I will like to say though I think Mothra 03 is kind of Anguirus's worst nightmare. Too fast for him to grab and endlessly able to throw him back?
I mean, if SOS Godzilla's slow ass self could get his jaws around Mothra, I don't see how Anguirus couldn't do it even easier. Mothra's likely going to kick the bucket this match, but not without providing powerful gusts and being a useful distraction...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

SoggyNoodles2016

Giratina93 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 pm I will like to say though I think Mothra 03 is kind of Anguirus's worst nightmare. Too fast for him to grab and endlessly able to throw him back?
I mean, if SOS Godzilla's slow ass self could get his jaws around Mothra, I don't see how Anguirus couldn't do it even easier. Mothra's likely going to kick the bucket this match, but not without providing powerful gusts and being a useful distraction...

I was thinking of Anguirus vs Ghidorah when I wrote this and compared to a stable opponent, Mothra flying by would be hard for Anguirus to grab....but then I remembered her LOVELY tendency of going in for wingslaps and Anguirus's superjumping and realized I was talking out my ass.

Again though, I don't think it'll matter in the long run as long as Mothra keeps moving (which based on my last viewing of Tokyo S.O.S there's a 54% chance of) and Shin keeps the beam onslaught on.

RIP Evan.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I am leaning towards Soggy in this case right now.

Shin Godzilla would be able to handle the opposing team pretty easily with the exception of Kiryu. Although a good hit to the important bits of Kiryu's head would probably put him out of order, in close combat Kiryu would be winning. Although Shin wouldn't give him much of a chance in this case, considering Kiryu is, unlike his allies, Man Made. And as everyone stated last time, Shin apparently wouldn't be dealing with the fleshy guys for some reason, but the man made thing is something already on his radar of danger.

Mothra I can see handling Anguirus pretty easily. Not defeating him mind you, but keeping him occupied. She does tend to rush in, but she also likes ambushing her opponents from behind as seen in the Tokyo SoS fight where she blinded Godzilla with a dust cloud to quickly circle around behind and knock him over. Plus if she could drag Godzilla around, Anguirus would be in a similar, albeit slower position of being dragged around. Because unlike Godzilla who can turn his head and strike with his tail to protect his back, all Anguirus has is his shell. He is not able to attack anything that latches onto his back. If Mothra can continously keep Anguirus Occupied, and potentially try lifting him into the air from his blind spot of his shell, she would keep him there long enough for her allies to swoop in and help her finish off the dinosaur.

Same with Megalon in this case for Mothra. Her winds would allow her to push back his napalm bombs, but the horn lightning would probably knock her down into attacking distance. Add in his drill hands, and he is going to be tearing through her.

Jet Jaguar can handle Megalon. He was doing so in the movie until Gigan swooped in. Against Anguirus, he might have a bit of a harder time with a more tenacious and less dimwitted monster. Jet Jaguar fighting Kiryu is laughable. What's stopping Jet Jaguar from hopping into Kiryu, Knocking out Akane, and taking control of the mech to help his allies? Berserk Kiryu would pose a problem sure, but this is a robot who shrinks and grows at will. I probably wouldn't put it past him to know that as a fellow robot, tearing out enough wiring would damage his opponent enough to either shut it down or destroy it.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Soggy has a pretty clear edge here. Shin and his psychotic spamming will likely put down Kiryu and injure both Megalon and Anguirus. If they were fresh they'd be a solid match for JJ and Mothra, but their beam wounds will make them easy pickings. And if Kiryu manages to survive Shin, well, Nagoda's idea with Jet is on the table as an option. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

My vote is on Soggy for the reasons I’ve stated above.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

I think Soggy can get the W. Shin is pretty damn strong and can screw Kiryu up with some of his attacks. Kiryu's one saving grace is the AZC but I don't know if Kiryu could get the W fast enough. And JJ and Mothra would destroy Megalon. Anguirus would be taken out by a three v one.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Soggy, for previously stated reasons.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Eh, this isn’t very good for me.

Shin will most likely through his tendency to beam spam, will put Kiryu out of commission and injure Megalon and Anguirus. With both being weakened, Mothra and JJ, using superior agility, will likely whittle the two remaining members of my team down until they breathe their last breath.
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Soggy, with the reason mentioned above.
For Emperor and Empire!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Kiryu is the first thing on Shin's radar that he's going to attack. If Shin didn't have his lasers, then Kiryu would handily take down Shin, but unfortunately, Shin has lasers on every angle of his body. There would be no way for Kiryu to get in close, and there's a good chance he ceases function.

Mothra will provide excellent support for whoever she faces, she can keep both Megalon and Anguirus at bay and Megalon would most likely hurt himself and Anguirus if he tried to use his horn lightning or napalm bomb. JJ could easily go toe to toe with Megalon, but Anguirus would be tough, luckily Mothra is here to provide distractions or drag around one of the opponents.

I give it to Soggy.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SoggyNoodles2016

I'm voting me

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, this is all wrapped up for Soggy