Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Re: Tournaments

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:48 pm I work in GMT +10, so most of the rounds and whatnot will start at GMT 4pm to 7pm.

Added in 9 minutes 43 seconds:
And for the bosses, I’m trying to be very diverse, while still being crazy in the higher tiers. God help anyone in Tier 5.
If by GMT 4-7pm you are referring to your timezone, that's fine. But if you mean you are posting the matches at GMT+0 4pm - 7pm, that's terrifying. You're essentially posting between 2am - 5am.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:21 pm
Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:48 pm I work in GMT +10, so most of the rounds and whatnot will start at GMT 4pm to 7pm.

Added in 9 minutes 43 seconds:
And for the bosses, I’m trying to be very diverse, while still being crazy in the higher tiers. God help anyone in Tier 5.
If by GMT 4-7pm you are referring to your timezone, that's fine. But if you mean you are posting the matches at GMT+0 4pm - 7pm, that's terrifying. You're essentially posting between 2am - 5am.
I’m referring to GMT 0 4-7pm, since I am in GMT 10. I’ll be posting from 6-9am in my Timezone, so that’s quite unfortunate for you.

Oh, and since you guys have been so supportive, I’m gonna tease a boss. Not the fighters, but merely a name.

The Voyager Special

Theorise and make what you will of it. The tier? I won’t spoil it.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

So, @Kaijuking101, what’s the deal with Super Sentai? Could I get a quick lowdown on the franchise, and maybe some recommendations for the tourney?

If it’s anything like Kamen Rider, i think I’ll need a glass of water and somebody to catch me :freak:
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:23 pm So, @Kaijuking101, what’s the deal with Super Sentai? Could I get a quick lowdown on the franchise, and maybe some recommendations for the tourney?

If it’s anything like Kamen Rider, i think I’ll need a glass of water and somebody to catch me :freak:

A quick rundown, it's basically Japanese Power Rangers.

But it's actually the original and Power Rangers is the American adaptation.

So, generally nowhere near as extreme.

Recommendations:
- Shinkengers
- Gokaigers
- Kyurangers (Like Nagoda suggested)
- Gekirangers

But, I feel like Nagoda is the better person for the job. I'm relatively new to the Super Sentaj franchise and almost as unfamiliar with it as you.
Last edited by Kaijuking101 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Hmm, thanks, I’ll look into it. It’s kinda hard to really gauge the power with shows like these so I’ll keep these at a consideration for now :)
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Voyager Cup goes live on the 15th :mrgreen:
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:51 pm Voyager Cup goes live on the 15th :mrgreen:
Awesome!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Voyager wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:51 pm Voyager Cup goes live on the 15th :mrgreen:
I'm going to win this one! (Probably not, my track record has been pretty sucky since Kaiju Kolosseum, but I'll try my best!)

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

HillyHulk wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 pm
I'm going to win this one! (Probably not, my track record has been pretty sucky since Kaiju Kolosseum, but I'll try my best!)
At least you’ll beat me. :lol:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Fantastic news!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Next time someone does a tournament with human-scale fighters, the UFO from Nope needs to be one of the bosses. If you haven't seen the movie, don't look it up, just go see it. It's meant for the big screen, and you don't want spoilers.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

I have a Question How Many Tournament are there Cause I Wanna do a Tournament that includes every kaiju (well almost every kaiju) once everyone's others Tournaments are down

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

I'm also interested in a tournament as well. Tag me when ever new one is announced.
Last edited by Houndoom on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Who’s up next? I’m definitely down for another tourney. Especially a kaiju one, haven’t been in one of those since Gira’s tourney way back in October.
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I'm ready for another tourney with kaiju, but I'm definitely ready for more rounds of The Voyager Cup

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

I might actually start one, who will I be going after?

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:08 pm I might actually start one, who will I be going after?
What's the criteria?

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

I'm considering doing a tournament of my own after whoever is before me.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Not to sure yet, but it will probably be similar to Voyager Cup, but I'd probably add some other kaiju that haven't been in a tourney yet, If you want me to tell you one that
I plan to have that hasn't been seen before, just tell me. I don't think this tourney will have too many Ultra monsters (sorry Ultraman fans), but just so people don't hate me , I'll add a select few. I will try to keep the lackeys fair, meaning they won't be so stupidly powerful that the match is one sided. Might bring back some old items from the first few tourneys (If that's allowed?).

Edit: Are two people allowed to collaborate to make a tournament, because if so, want to team up to make a tourney, Logan?
Another Edit: Never mind, I figured out how I can possibly make mine work.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Logan268 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:15 pm I'm considering doing a tournament of my own after whoever is before me.
Aight, you do you. You will probably go after me. But I don't know who I'm going after.