TMVS round 13: GvR vs Bacon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

TMVS round 13: GvR vs Bacon

Post by GmkGoji »

Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: TMVS round 13: GvR vs Bacon

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yes I will deploy the serpents.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

My team should have this. The two Mandas tilt this in my favor, two giant foes that will bulldoze most of Bacon’s team and draw too much attention from the people that can actually beat them.

Now it’s easy to just say “Bakugo hard-counters Carnage, he’s not a factor”, but that’s a gross oversimplification given how this is a 12 vs 10, the idea that Bakugo will automatically go for Carnage is unlikely, especially because he’d have no idea that he would be the perfect counter to Carnage. Same with the other users of heat. What this means is that I have someone who is capable of generating a tornado at will, creating all kinds of stabbing implements, and eating brains to grow larger and more powerful. He can be beaten with blunt trauma, but it takes a long time. Time Bacon’s team doesn’t have.

Because my team is overall superior except for Jack, but I’ll get to him. Morbius is consistently faster than MCU Spider-Man and around as durable, plus with the ability of flight. Mace Windu and Obi-Wan are both superior to Anakin, and are swift enough to keep up with the rest of Bacon’s team. The Tyranid Warrior can fight Space Marines and be evenly matched with them, meaning it’s on the same general level as Guts, with the addition of the acidic Deathspitter that will eat through the Berserker Armor. Shang-Chi can take out almost anyone on Bacon’s team from range or closeup, and Jake Long is an effective ranged fighter with impressive physical feats as well. Invincible and Jotaro are big obstacles, but they are matched by Yuuki and Dio, with backup on the way to aid them.

Now, Ultraman Jack is the biggest issue, however, he’s on a timer. 3 minutes is a long time in a fight, but it’s not long enough here. Especially with the Mandas present, defeating just them will take a big chunk out of Jack’s timer and energy. And while he is capable of restoring his energy with the bracelet, that takes time, and he won’t have more than a moment to breathe here given everything going on.

This is a tough fight, but I think my team’s overall firepower is just superior and the addition of the Mandas means they’re outnumbered and overpowered.

Edit: Throwing in respect threads for a few of the characters on my team that aren’t as well known.
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... is_a_hero/
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthread ... gamerican/
And a Space Marine thread, with the knowledge that a Tyranid Warrior is about on the same level as one. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/ ... d-1481824/
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Before I lay out my counterargument, I would like to ask a question.

Is Jack allowed to grow giant to deal with the Manda?

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:55 pm Before I lay out my counterargument, I would like to ask a question.

Is Jack allowed to grow giant to deal with the Manda?
No.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Curses!

Well with that out of the way I do believe this fight can go both ways. I have Jotaro to deal with Dio but GvR has Mace and Kenobi to deal with the Anakin, I have Guts at full powered by GvR has Tyranid Warrior.

This fight is incredibly close, but I think I have some power over GvR. While Bakugo won't go instantly for Carnage knowing that the symbiote is weak to fire, he is going to go after Carnage once he realizes that he is a heavy hitter on the enemy team. He has been seen to just go head first into combat as seen when he and Deku fight All Might during training.

Jotaro hard counters Dio as he defeated him in canon. Guts and the Tyranid Warrior should be close in speed and power, and I can see Warhammer killing him in certain ways but I do believe Guts can overcome this obstacle, he is fast enough to keep up with supersonic enemies and has the strength and speed to swing Dragonslayer at FTE speeds (Faster than the eye can see/FTE=0.012 to 0.00019 seconds) and not just with his arms but with his jaw. He manages to cut off the head of a very powerful demon this way, who I believe was well above Zodd who previously bested Guts in the past so it is safe to say that Guts was far above Zodd up to that point. The Tyranid Warrior is a tough opponent but that is what Guts does every day of his life, faces the strongest opponents and comes up on top with ridiculous odds with the power and speed he has.

Yuuki and Invincible should be around the same level of strength, they are capable of destroying rocks around the same size and are powerhouses in hand to hand due to their durability and sheer power with a strike. And with help from Ironman, who made Thanos bleed, it is very possible for Mark to be taken down but the same could be said for Yuuki if no one can get to her. A very hard fight for both of them.

Obi-Wan and Mace Windu would clap Anakin very easily if he was alone but Arbiter is very handy in hand-to-hand combat and capable to keep up with Chief in strength and speed. The energy sword will eventually go out but he can at least keep them at bay for a while for more help to arrive if possible such as Anguirus. If needed as well Arbiter will see Anakin being overwhelmed and take a more tactical approach to the fight, going invisible and sneaking in on the kill. Though the force may help them detect danger is coming, it might be too late as Arbiter stabs through one of their chests and goes for the other.

Shang Chi is a POWERFUL opponent with the Ten Rings, one that I believe Ultraman Jack would have to focus on. Shang is a better fighter in hand-to-hand, hands down, but I believe that Jack's beams would grant the Ultra victory. Especially since the Ultra Bracelet can reverse all the damage he has taken if needed, such as the time he was torn limb from limb and then regenerated because of said bracelet. He only has three minutes to spare in this fight but three minutes should be enough to handle Shang.

Morbius and Jake Long. Two very strong opponents as well, the former being able to casually move at bullet speeds and detect a single individual throughout a city. Making it very hard for really a good chunk of my team to catch up but Spider-Man with the Spider Sense should be able to keep up for a while at least in speed and strength they should be pretty close. It took Doc Ock to break the Iron Spider so Morbius should be able to get through Peter eventually but Guts, Invincible, Ultraman Jack, and Jotaro should be able to put Jotaro down.

Jake Long is really the only one I don't have an argument for yet, I will have to do some research on him.

The Mandas will have to deal with Anguirus and Eren which both can handle. Eren being able to transform into his Titan form and handle the Mandas head-on helps greatly, especially since this is Season 3 Part 2 Eren.

I do believe this fight goes both ways in various arguments, GvR brought up a lot of good points but I believe that I can win this.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I'm going to have to give this a bit more thought before I cast my vote. There are a lot of counters on both sides of the field. Jotaro counters Dio, Obi-Wan and Mace help to counter Anakin, Iron Man can shut down the Iron Spider with a command, etc. Bakugo is more than likely going to go after whoever he sees is the biggest threat around due to his cocky nature, which could either be Iron Man or Jake Long. Invincible and Yuuna getting into a fist fight will be a crazy battle, until Yuuna drags out Mankai and punches Invincible with massive fists or Invincible taps into his rage. Anguirus and Eren can be powerhouses with their sizes, but that also makes them larger targets. Plus they'll more than likely be dealing with the other large combatants on GvR's side such as Jake Long the American Dragon as well as the Two Manda. I'm leaning towards GvR currently for his variety of powerhouses like Shang Chi with the ten rings though, as he could very well do what he did with the Dweller in Darkness to Anguirus and feed him the ten rings.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Me for the reasons above

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

The last thing I’ll say is that the Mandas are way bigger than Anguirus and Eren, which means those two cannot deal with them as easily as Bacon made it sound like they could. The head alone is comparable to Anguirus’ whole body.

Myself
KWCE Administrator

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Bacon has this easily.

I don't know anything about Drake Long Dragon,Tyranidator Warrior or Yuuna Yunna so they're easily non-factors here. Is Yunna Yunna some kind of soup, by the way?

Ultraman Jack is Bacon's real star here. He'll just throw his bracelet around, killing everyone on GvR's team easily. Remember, he blew up a planet, so it's gonna go through a bunch of characters with daddy issues like crap through a goose. Anakin and Eren are just gonna whine so much that the opposing members are gonna off themselves to avoid listening to more of their bitching. And even then, Bacon can just make Obi-Wan and Iron Man quit. He could easily point out how the latter is a pathetic alcoholic and the former not even able to raise a kid properly.

Oh, and Carnage is really easy to deal with. All Bacon has to do is have one of his team members light a match and throw it at him. He'll be having a seizure for hours.

Mace Windu will lose by having it brought to his attention how he is nothing more than slave to the Dibney factory.

Now, I don't know anything about Gutz, Invincible, and KatsGodzooky, but Bacon assured me they're powerful, so I'll go with his judgement.

Then, this one hurts since I'm a Morbhead, but Morbius isn't gonna win this by himself. He's the most powerful member of GvR's team, but he just can't stand up to the overwhelming chadness of Ultraman Jack, Anguirus, and the Arbiter. Which, by the way, Keith David is yet another reason why Bacon automatically wins this fight.

And stop kidding yourselves, folks. The Mandas aren't gonna do shit. They're just there as a surf and turf for Bacon's team.

Then, with my final point, it is to my conclusion, that despite Bacon having the "W" here, both users should be castrated for using a Jojo character. Don't be cringe, you guys.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:01 pm.

Damn they are way bigger than I remember, I remember big but they big as hell

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
GodzillavsJason wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:25 pm
Then, with my final point, it is to my conclusion, that despite Bacon having the "W" here, both users should be castrated for using a Jojo character. Don't be cringe, you guys.
I had to absorb Cringe to beat the Cringe ;-;
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Giving it to GvR. His team is just more powerful and better equiped to win.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:34 pm
I had to absorb Cringe to beat the Cringe ;-;
k
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Given that both Nagoda & Voyager are being booted out of the tourney thanks to those bosses, won't that technically make this the final match, excluding rematches?

That aside, while Jack easily outpowers just about everyone on GvR's team, GvR's team seems better equipped overall. Hard to say, but I guess I'll vote Bacon because Ultraman BS power levels.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:42 pm Given that both Nagoda & Voyager are being booted out of the tourney thanks to those bosses, won't that technically make this the final match, excluding rematches?
This is probably the final match unless Gmk takes pity on us and does rematches.

And Nagoda and I both dying against the bosses has got to be one of the most anti-climactic endings for a tourney.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:09 pm
Kaijuking101 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:42 pm Given that both Nagoda & Voyager are being booted out of the tourney thanks to those bosses, won't that technically make this the final match, excluding rematches?
This is probably the final match unless Gmk takes pity on us and does rematches.

And Nagoda and I both dying against the bosses has got to be one of the most anti-climactic endings for a tourney.
We were powerhouses. Now look at us. Reduced to molten slag without a sandwich.

Added in 11 minutes 16 seconds:
Anyways, I’ll give this to GvR. Forgot how massive the Manda are, and they’ll be giving the other giants a hard time. The one good thing about Eren’s Titan is the extreme heat will deter Carnage from trying to body jack and devour him. Ultraman Jack is powerful, but his limited time and inability to grow bigger to kill the Manda will cause him some issues, even though yes he did kill that big gas giant nebula thing. Shang Chi is a trained assassin with the Ten Rings, and presumably he has his dragon air powers as well to help him out here. He could fire off the rings and leap around through the air with those things, or just get rid of the giants by force feeding them the rings and causing big explosion. Bakugo’s natural fighting instinct could help him against Shang chi alongside his explosion quirk, but unlike Bakugo's Explosions, the Ten Rings can be launched as a far ranged attack capable of ripping through city gates, or people. Dio vs Jotaro is in favor of Jotaro for certain, but both of them have a limited amount of time while in time stop to act. And there are some beings here their stands are not going to be strong enough to punch to death. Guts is a powerhouse for certain, but then Iron Man comes in with his full arsenal of modern day future tech and bombards him from above as he simultaneously takes back his suits from Peter. Spider-Man will then be limited to just his normal abilities and probably his web shooters only, if the suit doesn’t act against him and try to incapacitate him with its nanotech. Obi-Wan already beat Anakin in canon, leaving Mace Windu around to deal with some other guys like the Arbiter. GvR simply has more counters where it matters.
Last edited by Nagoda on Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I've been reading this one for a while and was gonna sit out but I gotta say it.

Bacon has this for me. Sure, GVR's team is a beast but his heavy hitters (namely, Anguirus and Jack) have me convinced he can take them out.

RIP Evan.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

After reviewing the evidence, I'm giving this to GvR, it'll be a tough battle but I think his variety of fighters and assists will pull through.
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gira deleted his vote for me, intending to break the tie due to GMK not wanting to decide who wins his tournament, but now Ditto has voted for me, currently making this a tie but technically making this a victory for me if we count Gira’s vote for me.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Someone either end this fight or throw them at a boss to settle this. I say throw some riders at them.
_______