WOTM R8: MM vs Nagoda

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!

Nagoda
Futurian

Re: WOTM R8: MM vs Nagoda

Post by Nagoda »

I think I’m fine. I’ll save the care package.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Big Guns and Care Package

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MM's Care Package opens....revealing LAAT Gunship! The mighty Clone gunship enters the area to provide fire support for MM's team.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Well, that LAAT Gunship is what MM needed to make this fight competitive, as otherwise Nagoda's team is pound for pound better. Between the LAAT Gunship and Vision though... that's going to mean a lot of dead members of Team Nagoda. Shaw could absorb all those lasers and blasts and Flash can outrun them, which can help Nagoda's team out greatly. This match is going to have a lot of bodies dropping fast, and who is wiped out first... I need to think on that.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

This ought to be fun. First, let’s get the big thing out of the way first. Lucy and Mariko. As Diclonius, they can sense each other, and thus would immediately Gun for the other, which I win since Mariko has longer reach, more vectors, and canonically beats the shit out of Lucy. A gunship will be shooting down upon the helicarrier sure, but that gunship is going to have to deal with either The Guyver flying at it head on, Ultraseven Flying into it, or the Human Torch flying at it head on with a temperature of 4000 degrees.

Warmachine is going to dropping a lot of firepower onto my team. Which would sound like a bad thing on paper, until Shaw walks up and absorbs all the energy into himself. EDF Weapon on Deadpool? Ozaki is there to knock him on his ass and take that shit as a soldier trained to use that weapon.

Flash is going to kill anyone who can’t react to his speed, meaning Medusa is dead. Even if we go off just the 2017 Justice League, Flash was fast and strong enough to the point him speeding into a bridge full of parademons caused their bodies to explode. If Maul doesn’t react in time to the speedster, he may also find himself knocked on his ass, or thrown off the Helicarrier.

Venom sounds like he could be a threat, but the Guyvers are the perfect counter. High Vibration Frequency Blades will tear right through the symbiote, alongside heat rays from their head and in the case of the anime Guyver, a Sonic Screech. Also Big Chest Laser.

Human Torch could keep up with Warmachine in the air and knock him down with his firepower, and if he lands and Shaw gets a hand on him after taking in all that power, he’ll just unleash all that energy Warmachine gave him back to warmachine and atomize him.

Really, Shaw is the perfect counter to your team. Lightsaber? Shaw absorbs it’s energy. Before someone says he can’t, he absorbed Havok’s Energy Rings that were cutting through concrete pillars, and then shoved that energy down Darwin’s throat. Using the force on him is a good idea, but then Mariko finishes off Lucy and that’s 26 Vectors being thrown around the environment capable of ripping people to pieces and dragging that gunship to its death if she gets a hold on it.

Can’t forget Aquaman, but he need water to keep up his strength. I got a guy as hot as the sun. Dehydrate Aquaman with that fire vortex thing and he’s down for.

All this damage will possibly crash the Helicarrier at some point, but that’s where my flying guys come in.

Sub Zero is just there to sneak up on people and freeze them still for others to get damage off.

Vision could be a problem, but Shaw could absorb his mind stone beams, while Mariko or the Guyvers counter his phasing with either the Vectors or their blades. Or Shaw could walk up to Vision and pull a Thanos, and rip the mind stone out of his head and have an infinity stone at his command to drain and utilize.
_______

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Finding myself leaning Nagoda here. The LAAT Gunship can do a number on his team, as can Deadpool’s EDF hand cannon, but the issue is that that’ll power up Shaw something fierce, meaning he’ll carve through MM’s team. Same with Vision’s laser. The LAAT Gunship isn’t going to last long after the initial firing run with Human Torch flying towards it and unloading a stream of fire.

Lucy got curbstomped by Mariko, so if Mariko doesn’t get taken out by the initial bombardment, that’s another advantage for Nagoda’s team.

Flash is the ultimate glass cannon, he can take out pretty much any of his foes but if something manages to connect against him, he’s out. He’ll definitely take some people out even if he does fall, the more fragile members of MM’s team that rely on their own speed and maneuverability are pretty much doomed.

The ultimate worst-case scenario is if Shaw can get his hands on Vision’s head and drain the Mind Stone, which pretty much seals his whole team’s fate if that happens.

All that alongside Human Torch being able to provide his own strafing runs of fire, and also having speed that most of MM’s team can’t keep up with (watch his pursuit of the Silver Surfer, the speeds on display are immense, and reaction time should logically go alongside those), and things look pretty good for Nagoda.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Going to have to go with Nagoda on this one, he simply just has every counter to MM's team.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:12 pm Going to have to go with Nagoda on this one, he simply just has every counter to MM's team.
You forgot to write Nagoda in bold.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Added in 5 minutes 5 seconds:
HillyHulk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:06 pm
You forgot to write Nagoda in bold.
Voting doesn't start until tomorrow

I forgot to reply back this way lol
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Even with the LAAT Gunship here to help out MM's team, Nagoda's just hard counters him. Shaw eats energy, Flash is too damn fast for his squishies, Mariko beats Lucy, the Human Torch is a flying death object... How do you approach Nagoda's team and take it on safely? You just don't...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Nagoda
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voting for Myself.
_______

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

*raises hand* Can't somebody just toss Shaw off of the Helicarrier? He'll survive the landing, but that pretty effectively removes him from the fight unless Ultraseven rescues him. That removes both from the picture for a few important minutes, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:53 am *raises hand* Can't somebody just toss Shaw off of the Helicarrier? He'll survive the landing, but that pretty effectively removes him from the fight unless Ultraseven rescues him. That removes both from the picture for a few important minutes, though.
Hypothetically yes, but he’ll already have gotten a beefy power up from the initial bombardment most likely, so good luck being able to do that to him without getting a LAAT Gunship’s barrage focused into a small point to the gut, and even if they did knock him off, Flash and Human Torch still exist to wreck house, as does the rest of Nagoda’s team.
KWCE Administrator

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Nagoda

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I'm dead and out.

Nagoda wins

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Nagoda pulls the win here. The Flash and Shaw are two contenders MM's team really can't handle while dealing with everything else. Its a tough fight, but Nagoda wins it reliably.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon