WOTM R7: GvR vs Voyager

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

Re: WOTM R7: GvR vs Voyager

Post by Voyager »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:55 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:33 pm What happens if we just… attack from behind? Tony could easily just circle around and bombard it. Tony’s surely able to if we look at his whole arsenal and doing so would kill any Termegaunts, except the ones on my team, of course. These spines would also be easily for the Jedi to deal with seeing as they deal with small projectiles, so a large solid object flying towards them would be easily to harmlessly discard.
We are in a pyramid. The one in these clips. The room to maneuver is not a lot.

Which also includes large open rooms like this.

Also, the environment favors my team. We have the capability to easily destroy it, causing rubble to come crashing down on you team with well placed missile strikes, repulsors, beams, the force, lightsabers etc.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

That Pyramid also shifts constantly doesn’t it?

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Also just remembering that Pyramid is also beneath several hundreds of feet of Ice.

Added in 2 minutes 47 seconds:
Just looked it up, you are 2000 feet below the ice in a pyramid. Destroying the pyramid in any form and disturbing the ice above it will kill everyone who can’t get out of 2000 feet of ice falling onto them.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:56 pm Just looked it up, you are 2000 feet below the ice in a pyramid. Destroying the pyramid in any form and disturbing the ice above it will kill everyone who can’t get out of 2000 feet of ice falling onto them.
I meant I can destroy rooms and stuff. Not the entire pyramid. Matters not though. I’ve already laid down my arguments and counters. This was just added fluff.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:23 pm
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:56 pm Just looked it up, you are 2000 feet below the ice in a pyramid. Destroying the pyramid in any form and disturbing the ice above it will kill everyone who can’t get out of 2000 feet of ice falling onto them.
I meant I can destroy rooms and stuff. Not the entire pyramid. Matters not though. I’ve already laid down my arguments and counters. This was just added fluff.
My bad. Went back to check and that pyramid is in a cavern beneath the ice, so you do have some flying space outside of it, even if it is 2000 feet below the ice.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:56 pm
My bad. Went back to check and that pyramid is in a cavern beneath the ice, so you do have some flying space outside of it, even if it is 2000 feet below the ice.
Really all this means is that no one's gonna get to tan in the sun :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:00 am
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Really all this means is that no one's gonna get to tan in the sun :lol:
What do you mean? If any of them get exposed to the sun, both teams lose, as
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Myself for all my previously mentioned statements.
Last edited by Voyager on Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Myself.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

This right here is a mess of a fight and one that can go either way. Voyager certainly has his advantages, namely in terms of sheer firepower thanks to what Saber can accomplish, and his team is certainly not lacking for intelligence and smarts. On paper, he's certainly the one to be favored here.

The problem for Voyager is, 90% of his team isn't going to be all on the same page at the same time and working together flawlessly. GvR's IS thanks to how Tyranids work, and they have some lethal tools up their sleeves. Voyager's team also suffers from having a few key members with glaring flaws: Ultraman can't fight for very long thanks to his timer, and Saber is a mana hog who can only afford to use one Excalibur before she's out of juice and fades away, especially without a master here to provide her extra juice. There's also egos and personalities and communication issues both within the team and as a result of the environment, like Anakin's known recklessness to just charge in and get himself into trouble, Zerbebuth's mountain sized ego, and Stark's own ego. Yes, not everyone on GvR's team will benefit from the Tyranid hive mind, but those that will give him a huge advantage.

It's a damn close match, it really is. There are certainly scenarios, plenty of them, where Voyager can take this. However, I just feel GvR's synergy and less glaring flaws in his team members helps edge out a victory for him here.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

GvR

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Both sides have intense debates going on and both would have really good teamwork. But with the shifting of the pyramid and the various personalities on Voyager’s Team that might clash with one another compared to a majority of GvR’s team who basically share the same mind and can coordinate without clashing personalities, I’d have to give it to GvR.

Saber using the Excalibur Blast is very deadly yes, but if she misses any of GvR’s team due to them being in different parts of the pyramid, she’ll soon fade and leave her team fighting whoever is left, plus I’m not entirely sure if Excalibur would count towards Friendly Fire with the sheer blast, or if it collapses the Cavern through its explosion and buries a majority of the area outside the pyramid. Her sword skills would be useful in deflecting attacks, but she’s not infallible. She can be hurt and can be killed, and I’m pretty sure poison gas would weaken her if she doesn’t swipe it away fast enough while fighting whoever is nearby.

Iron Man in confined spaces is not going to do as well, but in the large spaces he’ll be blasting away at whoever he sees. But all it takes is him being caught off guard for an ambush to take place. Iron Man could make communication devices for his team, but I don’t think Saber would understand how to use it and with the poison gas starting to fill the pyramid and Five Xenomorphs randomly thrown in in their home turf, Stark is going to go guns blazing to try to finish the fight faster.

The Xenomorphs are going to die fast. Nothing else about it but there do have the chance to at least take out one combatant with them with their acid blood in their home turf, as seen when one managed to take out two predators.

The Force Users have some precognitive abilities to help then out, but it has been shown that if they get pressed too hard in combat, it’s harder for them to focus on their force abilities. If they focus on holding back the poison gas, that leaves them vulnerable to other attacks. If they start attacking, they have to make sure they do so in an area without the gas seeping into their fight. And with a ton of spines and weapons being slashed at them, it’s going to put them on the defensive fast if they get split off from the rest of their team. Also I don’t know how well Lightsabers do against acid blood if they slash one of the Xenomorphs. It’ll cauterize the wound, but we’ve seen that the AVP Xenomorphs are willing to self harm each other to use their acid.

Ultraman is running three minutes, probably less due to the cold hampering his body. His beams might do a lot of damage, if he can find anyone in the shifting maze of the pyramid within those three minutes. He could blast his way through or follow Iron Man’s blasting through walls, but with his limit still there he has to act fast in taking out an enemy. Plus he is still an organic being, and poison has effected the Ultra Race before, so if he gets stabbed by any of the poisonous weapons, he’ll fall just like the rest.

The two Zoanoids are powerful, with Zerbebuth being a large brute. He might just go charging through the walls to get to his enemies, and then have to deal with poisonous clouds and fighting enemies who can coordinate through the mind to eventually get through his armor. Synevite is fast and his ink and tentacles would be very helpful in restraining foes. Plus his shock absorption body would help with a majority of blunt damage. Unfortunately, he also isn’t resistant to the poison clouds or against pointy objects, even with his regenerative abilities helping him out.

As for why GvR wins, Hive Mind. A majority of his fighters act through a Hive Mind, and can know where each other are at all times even if they get split off. The Zoanthrope is basically a giant brain with psychic abilities, meaning it could better coordinate its brethren through the maze of the pyramid and tell them who to go for. Cyborg can hack the comms Iron Man might provide and get inside information on the other teams whereabouts, plus he can take blows from Superman while Iron Man lost his armor to a punch by Thanos.

Dooku’s use of the force would help him out here as well since friendly fire for the poison gas is off, letting him take advantage of the poisonous environment where the other two Jedi would be forced to hold it at bay. Not much stopping him from disrupting their control over the poison when he is perfectly fine inside of it, or even pull them into it and have them breathe it in. And while yes, he will die if he fights Anakin one on one, those two fighting only leaves Obi Wan open to ambushes without Anakin to help hold the gas away from him.

My votes for GvR.
Last edited by Nagoda on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Casting my vote for GvR. Saber really is his main problem, but he can probably just dogpile her before she can get excalibur out.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Aside from the uncontrollable ego factor, a real factor causing my loss is a real lack of competition earlier in the tourney. Pretty much everyone else has faced challenging matches, with all but one of mine being walks in the park. I wasn’t prepared for what I’d need. Although, this is a close match so I know I’ve made some good choices.
For Emperor and Empire!