WOTM R1: GvR vs Kiryu2012

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Breakdown
Keizer

WOTM R1: GvR vs Kiryu2012

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillavsRayquaza

Tyrant
Nemesis
Wolf

VS

Kiryu2012

T-1000
Sandman
Obi Wan Kenobi

Rules: The T-1000 is armed with a Beretta 92 handgun and an MP5 Sub Machinegun. Clone Wars-era Obi Wan is being used. Nemesis is equipped with his gatling gun and rocket launcher. Wolf has access to all his equipment from AVP:R.

Arena: Fiorina 161 Foundary (Alien 3)

Additional materiel:

Kiryu, will you call down your Care Package?
Last edited by Breakdown on Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: WOTM R1: GvR vs Kiryu2012

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Yeah, I'll use the package.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kiryu's Care Package is opened and he receives the "Grand Army of the Republic" reinforcement. An ARC Trooper and x4 Clone Troopers arrive to aid his team.

Let the discussion commence!
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I was worried that care package would be something dangerous, that’s a relief. As discussed before, regarding Obi-Wan:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Slugthrower
Slugthrowers were surprisingly useful against lightsabers, as when a slug made contact with a blade, it would simply melt instead of being deflected like a typical blaster bolt. Molten vapor fragments and/or shrapnel could then scatter towards the face or bare hands of the lightsaber user, and cause harm if they were not careful.

So, Nemesis is going to make life hell for Obi-Wan thanks to that Minigun. Also, Wolf’s Plasmacasters might also make things difficult, whether a lightsaber could deflect bolts from them I’m not sure, I would say their size makes it so that they probably would not just be bounced away so easily, but others may disagree.

There’s no sand anywhere here, so Sandman can’t do shit to come back after Wolf blasts him apart with the plasmacasters. The T-1000 also ain’t doing much, and will be destroyed/rendered unable to fight quickly as well. All the tight corridors here mean that Wolf’s laser mines are going to be very effective, probably against those Clone Troopers most likely.

The main thing my team has here is versatility thanks to Wolf and especially durability. Obi-Wan is the only one who can really do effective damage, and I’ve already addressed why his days are numbered.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Were this a more offensive-styled Jedi that Kiryu had, he'd have a better chance here. Obi-wan is a defensive fighter, who turtles up and holds his ground until he's able to exploit an opening. Against other close quarter fighters, this would prove helpful, but Nemesis and Wolf with their ranged options means Obi-wan is just going to have to sit there and take the hits, and sooner or later, that's gonna mean molten steel in the eyes or a plasma blast he can't easily deflect. Sandman also is going to find himself getting turned to glass or blasted apart, same as the poor Clone Troopers, and T-1000 can take some hits, but eventually he'll fall as well. Tyrant's own regenerative properties and strength are going to make taking him down difficult. GvR's got enough of everything to hold his own against Kiryu's team, and the locale certainly benefits him as well.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Yeah I’m going to give this one to GvR in the long run. Those Bullets and blasts from Nemesis are going to take out Obi Wan eventually if he also doesn’t watch out for ambushes by Wolf or Tyrant. The plasma blasts will probably help to take out sandman fast. Then comes in the T-1000 ready to kill, only to get shredded by bullets, rockets, and sharp claws.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GvR should win, Obi's defensive style isn't gonna help out.
For Emperor and Empire!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Giving this to Kiryu2012. With the Clone Troopers, the main problem GvR faces is that while his team is better damage wise, he can't contend durability wise. Sandman & the T-1000 will need a metric ton of firepower to fully vaporize and the only teammate which can is Wolf. Flipside, cauterizing laser fire will stop Tyrant or Nemesis' regen. Lastly, Wolf is the only member with decent intellect with the others lost to madness or brutes. Flipside, Obi-Wan is a general with years of experience, aided by career soldiers, another human he can direct ala Sandman and the T-1000 who is a sophisticated killing machine smart enough to deceive his targets.

Its close, but Kiryu20212 I think takes this in the end.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m gonna abstain for now, since Greyshot has brought up some good points for Kiryu.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

T-1000 and Sandman's physiology will make them hard to put down outside of Wolf's plasma caster, even if Sandman doesn't have any sand around to help him out. Obi-Wan's skill and Force could also prove handy against GvR's team, and the Clone Troopers give additional firepower that's gonna make it hard for Wolf to shoot down the T-1000 or Sandman.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Obi-Wan can’t be a strategic and tactical leader when he has molten lead in his eyes, or has molten lead vapor sprayed all over his face, when Nemesis opens fire with the minigun and Obi-Wan uses his lightsaber to block it. The Clone Troopers are going to die so damn fast, their armor’s made of the same stuff as the Stormtrooper’s armor, and we all know how garbage that stuff is. Wolf’s plasma caster will punch holes in the Clones, so will Nemesis’ minigun. The rocket launcher will also be brutal on Kiryu’s team if Obi-Wan can’t redirect it, and even if he can, he’s not fucking 180 reversing it, which means it’s slamming into a nearby surface. This is not a wide-open area, half the battlefield is tightly packed hallways and almost the entirety of the other half is a single corridor that a few people can barely fit in width-wise.

Blasters are not butchering the RE bioweapons like Greyshot says they will. The blasters these Clones have are, at their most impressive, capable of one-shotting people armored in material that Ewok traps and “technology” got through and droids that are, being blunt, complete trash. They do not demonstrate better piercing or stopping power than bullets, which Nemesis and the Tyrant shrug off easily, yes they’ll stop regen (maybe), but Nemesis didn’t need regen to downright ignore several sniper bullets to the chest.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

A few things:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:38 am Obi-Wan can’t be a strategic and tactical leader when he has molten lead in his eyes, or has molten lead vapor sprayed all over his face, when Nemesis opens fire with the minigun
Even though Jedi really don't move light speed, as they sense the trajectory of blaster fire and block that way, they do dodge incoming blaster fire. Dodging bullet fire would be easier actually and a Jedi Master would probably be aware not to block bullets with his lightsaber.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:38 am The Clone Troopers are going to die so damn fast, their armor’s made of the same stuff as the Stormtrooper’s armor, and we all know how garbage that stuff is. Wolf’s plasma caster will punch holes in the Clones, so will Nemesis’ minigun.
Clone Trooper and Storm Trooper armor is actually very different, with the latter being cheaply made by comparison. I don't know specifics, but having watched SW:TCW and SW:R, Rex constantly notes the poor quality of the StormTrooper armor compared to his original which took blaster fire without too much issue. Worf's plasma caster will do damage, but then again, he has so many targets to keep up with, he can't use it on everyone and he will NEED to use it on the T-1000 and Sandman.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:38 amBlasters are not butchering the RE bioweapons like Greyshot says they will.... hey do not demonstrate better piercing or stopping power than bullets, which Nemesis and the Tyrant shrug off easily, yes they’ll stop regen (maybe), but Nemesis didn’t need regen to downright ignore several sniper bullets to the chest.
I doubt the blaster fire will kill them, just pointing out that they will cauterize the wounds when they hit, stoping regen of flesh. We also can't forget stun rounds are a thing, meaning they could stun targets to allow T-1000, Sandman or Obi-Wan to move in close and use his light saber that will have the same cauterizing effect, except with far deadlier potency.

I can't overemphasize enough the swing in power that these clones bring to this fight. They REALLY are a game changer.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Voting for myself.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Voting myself for the reasons I’ve outlined.
KWCE Administrator

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

This is a tough matchup. Yes, clone armor is, according to the current canon, much superior to the armor that Stormtroopers use due to the latter being meant to be made cheap and fast and by bulk, just like the Stormtrooper recruits themselves. Clones are made of somewhat sterner stuff, but given how they drop to plasma blasts from the droid army all the time, they're not going to enjoy what GvR's team is going to throw at them, though they can and will be a nuisance. Sandman has limited sand at his disposal to keep himself going, so he's on a timer before he's done with. If Obi-Wan can drop something heavy or part of the ceiling down onto GvR's team, that would be a massive help, but if he's got miniguns and plasma shots being rained down on him, that's not an easy solution. T-1000 is imposing, but won't be enjoying getting ripped apart or having a hole blasted through it.

This is the closest match of the round, like 55 to 45 levels of close. But I just see GvR's team edging out just slightly more often than not.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Actually voting Kiryu here. Greyshot’s arguments have convinced me.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voting for GvR in a long drawn out battle after reading up and watching some stuff on their feats. Blaster Bolts seem to travel slower than bullets do, and if Obi-Wan mistakes the gatling gun’s ammo to be blaster fire instead of bullets, he might try to block them which would be a big mistake. Best bet to kill Nemesis is through a lot of damage, a lightsaber, or if Obi-Wan manages to throw something really heavy at him with the force while avoiding mini gun fire.

The Clone Troopers might deal some damage here, at least until Tyrant eventually gets close enough to wrap them up and stab them with his tentacles or screams loud enough to knock them off balance. But Tyrant does still feel pain, which is a problem for him alongside having some of his human intelligence still. Wolf would probably make short work of the Clone Troopers, but he is going to have his hands full with the other two. The Mini Gun should deal damage here as well if Nemesis decides to switch fire from Obi-Wan to the Troopers.

Nemesis is a tank, just taking everything that hits him, and somehow managed to kill the S.T.A.R.S. Members with a mini gun and avoid killing the one civilian in the middle of all of them, something he does twice by shooting two guards and avoiding Alice who was between them with his mini gun at full fire. He also has targeting systems inside his head as well though so you could attribute it to that plus 5000 bullets raining down on a building. The plasma caster from Wolf will hurt the T-1000 and Sandman if it hits them, but he’ll have to deal with them fast as his other two allies won’t be able to deal much damage to the two shapeshifters, other than Nemesis with his rocket launcher.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillavsRayquaza

There ain't anyway Kiryu is surviving this type of onslaught. Curious to see what Wolf's plasma casters do to the T-1000 though.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Voting Kiryu but I do want to mention a few things:

1) I think Obi-Wan would know the difference between laser fire and bullets and since bullets travel slower then beams of light, he'll have more then enough time to figure it out.
2) While there is the open foundry, there is also plenty of hallways to retreat into. And most of Kiryu's team does far better in close quarters then GvRs. They are also intelligent enough to understand that advantage, especially since they have a tactician/general on their team (Obi-Wan).
3) Couldn't Obi-Wan just block the plasma caster shot and re-direct it back? I don't recall a Predator getting shot with his own weapon, but considering no other weapon on GvR's team can be re-directed, Wolf wouldn't suspect it and get skewered.
4) My biggest gripe here is that every combatant on GvRs side can't coordinate and their best asset, Wolf, is literally a Lone Wolf Predator I doubt would enact team tactics. Meaning if he gets distracted on his prey and the SandMan or T-1000 get close enough to Tyrant or Nemesis, they have NOTHING to use on them. No punch, bullet or special move can put them down.

I do agree this is close, but Kiryu just has the intelligence, tactics, and special traits to ensure GvR's team ends up dead.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Epsilon