Monster Discussion: Rodan Second Form (G:SP)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Monster Discussion: Rodan Second Form (G:SP)

Post by Thatguy4683 »

What are your thoughts on the second form of Rodan from Godzilla Singular Point seen in e4 through the end of the tv series

Wikizilla
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Discussion: Rodan Second Form (G:SP)

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Well, they act the same way they did back when they were in their first form. Not much to talk about other than I do like the brown coloring just because it's the same coloring of the Showa Rodan and I do like the straight beak.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

I find it weird that the artwork for them had them boast Godzilla's spikes on their spines, but in the actual show there's nothing there.
Last edited by Eel221 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Does this technically encompass the special Rodan that showed up and then immediately got smoked by Godzilla? Cuz I still wanna know what's up with that guy.
Otherwise, this design really grew on me. It's weird, I was worried that Monsterverse Rodan was going to be exactly SP Rodan second form, and while I admittedly far and away prefer the MV design, I think this one perfectly blends the original Rodan with realistic pterosaur proportions. I think like a lot of SP design, it works well because it's in animation.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I’d rather have corkscrews driven into my eyes than have to witness this unholy abomination ever again.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Spuro wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:59 am I’d rather have corkscrews driven into my eyes than have to witness this unholy abomination ever again.
I feel that way about all the kaiju designs in this show frankly.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Design wise, I definitely prefer him over the previous form. Incarnation-wise…yeah, he’s my least favorite Rodan.

At least, until we bring up the Black Rodan for discussion… … …
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

ConvergeTakedown
Ronin

Post by ConvergeTakedown »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:20 am Does this technically encompass the special Rodan that showed up and then immediately got smoked by Godzilla? Cuz I still wanna know what's up with that guy.
Maybe they’re one of those creatures that have a high reproduction rate to make up for a high infant mortality rate, and that one was one of the few who made it to adulthood?

Or maybe they have something of a caste system, and the big one developed that way after their population in Tokyo reached critical mass?

Or maybe it just came down to having a surplus of red dust around thanks to Godzilla, when they would otherwise have their growth suspended (could overlap with the above, the way grasshoppers turn into locusts)?