Which Godzilla is the face of the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

Witch godzilla is the face of the reiwa Era

Shin Godzilla
90%
Godzilla Earth from anime trilogy
1%
Godzilla SP
4%
Other design like the godzilla ride design
1%
Future design
3%

Total votes: 93

godjacob
Futurian

Re: Witch godzilla is the face of the reiwa Era

Post by godjacob »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:54 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 am Heisei Godzilla is John Cena. Shin Godzilla is Roman Reigns. Toho is pushing Shin right now he is the face of the Reiwa era easily at this moment but for the face of Godzilla as a whole they don't shy to far away from Heisei and will put him in that role as needed.

Monsterverse Godzilla is the face of the franchise in America and it seems like he and Shin are splitting the duties when Heisei is not around.

I honestly feel we haven't met the true Reiwa Godzilla yet.
Oh hellllll no. Heisei is the Stone Cold Steve Austin. If anything, the edgy spine Godzillas (2K, GXM, GXMG and SOS) are John Cena, where Toho kept trying to force it down our throats to our disapproval by the end. Shin can be Roman though, yes. But don't you dare insult Heisei Godzilla like that again. But we ALL know, there will never be another Stone Cold Steve Godzilla again.

I need more weed for conversations like this.
This analogy kinda doesn't work cause each Millennium guy was a different version of the character, minus the Kiryu Saga. If anything the Millennium Era didn't have a "the guy" Kaiju and tried to push different people at this time rather than leaving people stuck with just one option.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I actually largely liked the Millennium era. GMK and the Kiryu Duology are legit good movies in the franchise (imo), vs Megaguirus was largely fun, and by God Godzilla 2000 is one of my favorite guilty pleasure films of all time. I can always start that up and have a good time.

I also like John Cena, dude's crazy charismatic. Peacemaker was a wonderful series, and he's met Scooby Doo. I'll take Cena over Steve Austin any day of the week. You know what? Screw it, Shin is the John Cena of Godzillas. If you don't know how cool that is, it's just cause you can't see it. And yes, yes that was a bad pun paraphrasing Cena's old catchphrase.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:16 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:54 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 am Heisei Godzilla is John Cena. Shin Godzilla is Roman Reigns. Toho is pushing Shin right now he is the face of the Reiwa era easily at this moment but for the face of Godzilla as a whole they don't shy to far away from Heisei and will put him in that role as needed.

Monsterverse Godzilla is the face of the franchise in America and it seems like he and Shin are splitting the duties when Heisei is not around.

I honestly feel we haven't met the true Reiwa Godzilla yet.
Oh hellllll no. Heisei is the Stone Cold Steve Austin. If anything, the edgy spine Godzillas (2K, GXM, GXMG and SOS) are John Cena, where Toho kept trying to force it down our throats to our disapproval by the end. Shin can be Roman though, yes. But don't you dare insult Heisei Godzilla like that again. But we ALL know, there will never be another Stone Cold Steve Godzilla again.

I need more weed for conversations like this.
This analogy kinda doesn't work cause each Millennium guy was a different version of the character, minus the Kiryu Saga. If anything the Millennium Era didn't have a "the guy" Kaiju and tried to push different people at this time rather than leaving people stuck with just one option.
Oh yeah?

Ruthless Aggression Cena
Doctor of Thuganamics Cena
Super Cena
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 am Heisei Godzilla is John Cena. Shin Godzilla is Roman Reigns.
I don´t agree. Heisei Godzilla had a wider move-set than Cena.

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
You also need to look beyond the edge of the plate meaning NJPW, AEW, AJPW, NOAH...
Last edited by Gailah 1966 on Wed May 04, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gailah 1966 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:16 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 am Heisei Godzilla is John Cena. Shin Godzilla is Roman Reigns.
I don´t agree. Heisei Godzilla had a wider move-set than Cena.

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
You also need to look beyond the edge of the plate meaning NJPW, AEW, AJPW, NOAH...
Heisei had atomic breath, pulse and tackle. He was a giant Pokemon.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Okay, let's get back on topic, folks!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I still say it looks like Ride Goji is becoming more prevalent.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:04 am I still say it looks like Ride Goji is becoming more prevalent.
I dont understand what would make someone say that.

And even if it's popping up here and there, it's definitely not going to become the face of this 'era'.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

The Xplus, the Arts Spirit figure. Some inside the Japanese community are thinking that this may be the more promoted design coming forward with the kaiju movie at Toho in the works

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I cant wrap my head around that. It's a Godzilla designed for a theme park ride.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The only way I can see the ride becoming the face is if the movie currently being worked on uses the design from the ride and it starts a Reiwa series similar to Showa or Heisei. Shin is the face now and will be the face at least through Shin Kamen Rider unless the new movie is a Godzilla film and is the start of a series.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I can see it being the design for the new film since the ride and movie share the same director. The ride version of Ghidorah just got one exclusive figure at Universal Studios( you had to go there) the ride Goji has figures available at the Godzilla Stores and site, an Xplus, and an Arts Spirits figure. Seems suspicious to me.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Vakanai wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:34 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:23 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:16 pm
Nope, I don't think so. Admittedly Heisei only has the one Godzilla so it's not like we could really debate it. Although we do argue which was the best costume. But it's really just personal preference. I don't think that there's really one that's the face of Heisei more than the others.
That's besides the point. It seems it will always be hip and cool to crap all over the Heisei series as a whole, because that's popular opinion. How is it any different to have an (un)popular opinion and being vocal about it, particularly on a forum?
I don't crap over the Heisei era, I love that stuff. And it's not really about having an unpopular opinion - hell, this fandom is so divided on Shin I'm not sure which is more popular, liking or hating it. I'm just pointing out that love it or hate it, Shin is clearly the face of the Reiwa era, and will clearly remain so for a number of years at least yet.
Since you are very open in your stance against the Monsterverse in its current state and think it should be left in the dustbin, I thought I’d tell you how I feel. I couldn’t disagree more, becauseI am in the crowd that one day it can succeed if they try hard enough. If I were to be honest with you, I have been wholeheartedly and unapologetically disappointed by literally every new Godzilla-related production from Japan since Shin.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

The MV Godzilla is the obvious answer to this thread and yet because of some weird…Japan fetichism….it’s not in contention here.

Also, can OP please fix the typo in the title of this thread?
Last edited by king_ghidorah on Sat May 14, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:20 am The MV Godzilla is the obvious answer to this thread and yet because of some weird…Japan fetichism….it’s not in contention here.

I mean, yes the Monsterverse Godzilla is definitely the face of the Monsterverse, but this is a discussion about the Japanese Reiwa and Toho stuff ;)

It’s funny how we haven’t seen hide or hair of the anime Godzilla since it’s inception. I expect Ultima to make appearances here and there, but if you go on the official Godzilla store site they’re still heavily promoting Shin related merch, and using gags in promotional material.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat May 14, 2022 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:15 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:23 pm

That's besides the point. It seems it will always be hip and cool to crap all over the Heisei series as a whole, because that's popular opinion. How is it any different to have an (un)popular opinion and being vocal about it, particularly on a forum?
I don't crap over the Heisei era, I love that stuff. And it's not really about having an unpopular opinion - hell, this fandom is so divided on Shin I'm not sure which is more popular, liking or hating it. I'm just pointing out that love it or hate it, Shin is clearly the face of the Reiwa era, and will clearly remain so for a number of years at least yet.
Since you are very open in your stance against the Monsterverse in its current state and think it should be left in the dustbin, I thought I’d tell you how I feel. I couldn’t disagree more, becauseI am in the crowd that one day it can succeed if they try hard enough. If I were to be honest with you, I have been wholeheartedly and unapologetically disappointed by literally every new Godzilla-related production from Japan since Shin.
I don't know what the point is you're making? What does my hate of the Monsterverse have to do with it? It's not part of Japan's Reiwa era, it doesn't count in the discussion.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Vakanai wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:24 pm

I don't know what the point is you're making? What does my hate of the Monsterverse have to do with it? It's not part of Japan's Reiwa era, it doesn't count in the discussion.
I'm just saying My feelings towards recent domestic Godzilla content from Japan reflects the way you feel about the Monsterverse.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:23 am
king_ghidorah wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:20 am The MV Godzilla is the obvious answer to this thread and yet because of some weird…Japan fetichism….it’s not in contention here.

I mean, yes the Monsterverse Godzilla is definitely the face of the Monsterverse, but this is a discussion about the Japanese Reiwa and Toho stuff ;)

It’s funny how we haven’t seen hide or hair of the anime Godzilla since it’s inception. I expect Ultima to make appearances here and there, but if you go on the official Godzilla store site they’re still heavily promoting Shin related merch, and using gags in promotional material.
Shin is the only correct answer here. Any other answer is obtuse. It’s obvious this discussion does not include MVGoji.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:20 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:24 pm

I'm just saying My feelings towards recent domestic Godzilla content from Japan reflects the way you feel about the Monsterverse.
Yes, but why are you saying it? What does it have to do with the topic of the thread? If all you wanted to do was tell me about how much you hate Japan's Reiwa Godzilla content, you could have sent a private message or started a new thread. There's no point in bringing it up here is there?

Also, I don't care.

Added in 4 minutes 2 seconds:
Re: Which Godzilla is the face of the Reiwa Era?
Not to be rude, but you'll notice that I've stopped venturing into the Monsterverse section of this site. I'm clearly not interested in discussing it anymore, hence why I haven't bothered with that section in many months and will never access that section of the site again. I've moved on for my own sake, and judging by how everyone else hated my comments on the topic, I don't know why you'd even want to bring it up with me out of the blue.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Which Godzilla is the face of the Reiwa Era?

Post by king_ghidorah »

I do appreciate that you stopped flooding those threads with negative comments. Legit.

I’m always open to different opinions but it was a buzzkill after a while so I sincerely thank you.