Godzilla -1.0 (2023) General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: New Kaiju Movie Directed by Takashi Yamazaki in the Works

Post by Vakanai »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:28 pm
Vakanai wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:16 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:47 pm Alright, let's move the MV discussion to the appropriate threads and keep this one focused on the new Toho movie.
I think the discussion was relevant and focused on this movie, as we were discussing the odds of this movie being a new Godzilla movie, and those odds are directly impacted by the odds of Godzilla being in the next Legendary/MV movie. But if we're not to discuss that then: I'm still feeling like we can't rule out this being a Mothra picture.
First, I second your opinion on the relevancy of our discussion.

Second, I had the same thought re: Mothra. I wonder if Toho has the balls to try it. The possibilities really are endless at this point so I guess it doesn’t really matter what we speculate.
I don't see it being a matter of Toho needing/having the "balls" - Mothra's popular enough in Japan that it's not exactly a really big risk. She's just not quite as profitable as Godzilla I think.

Added in 2 minutes :
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:48 am It's not going to be a Mothra picture and the possibilities aren't endless.

The movie is going to be whatever Toho thinks is going to be the most financially viable. And that limits things, because this is Toho we're talking about.
It might not be Mothra, but she's got a better chance than any other established Toho kaiju outside of Godzilla, so I don't think she should be ruled out.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

3 months of filming is not much. I hope they do not rush. And after the big earthquake the filming is surely slowed down.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Gailah 1966 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:51 am 3 months of filming is not much. I hope they do not rush. And after the big earthquake the filming is surely slowed down.
Three to four months is fairly average, honestly. Rampage took three months, G14 and Jurassic World both took four months. Hell, Shin Godzilla took only two months! (Sep. 1, 2015 to Oct. 31, 2015)

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

The filming, which recruited dozens of extras, seems to have started a few days ago. Here is a tweet posted by someone who had participated in it. But take this with a huge grain of salt. He has zero followers, and this is the only first tweet he posted. Therefore, there is zero credibility.

https://twitter.com/raserkey/status/150 ... 42lANChSXQ

Translator:
I've been an extra member of Toho's blockbuster monster movie.
The souvenir was an unbranded lantern.
Everyone's face was dead when we got it.

Also, in the materials that the staff had,
It said "Godzilla Zero" lol
And it seems he saw these actors and actress at the filming: Ryunosuke Kamiki, Hidetaka Yoshioka, Sakura Ando

Let's see how it turns out.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hmm. We'll have to see but if true I guess we got our answer.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla zero lines up with the 1945 date.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

We just might be in for a prequel to G54.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

vastatosaurus wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:33 pm The filming, which recruited dozens of extras, seems to have started a few days ago. Here is a tweet posted by someone who had participated in it. But take this with a huge grain of salt. He has zero followers, and this is the only first tweet he posted. Therefore, there is zero credibility.

Translator:

And it seems he saw these actors and actress at the filming: Ryunosuke Kamiki, Hidetaka Yoshioka, Sakura Ando

Well, that guy's getting fired.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I don't know if I buy it. Yes it could be legit, but it also doesn't require any special knowledge to make a similar claim while being entirely fraudulent. Anyone who know about the time period the scene is supposed to take place in could write something like, all the staff had jackets that read "Godzilla Origins", or "Godzilla Inception".
He Jock it Made of Steel

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:39 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:33 pm The filming, which recruited dozens of extras, seems to have started a few days ago. Here is a tweet posted by someone who had participated in it. But take this with a huge grain of salt. He has zero followers, and this is the only first tweet he posted. Therefore, there is zero credibility.

Translator:

How? He's an extra, meaning he's probably only in the background of one scene, and filming started a few days ago - his job in this film is already over, nothing left to fire him from.

I'm still skeptical about this being a Godzilla movie because of the whole GvK 2 thing, I think that will keep Toho out of the live action Godzilla movie business for most of the decade, but I would absolutely positively be ecstatic to be proven wrong. I really, really want another good Godzilla movie, the anime films and series and what Monsterverse turned into has just been not fun for me as a fan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:42 pm I don't know if I buy it. Yes it could be legit, but it also doesn't require any special knowledge to make a similar claim while being entirely fraudulent. Anyone who know about the time period the scene is supposed to take place in could write something like, all the staff had jackets that read "Godzilla Origins", or "Godzilla Inception".
If it was Godzilla inception it would instantly be fake, as I doubt a Japanese film would use such a title. Godzilla Zero is more plausible, but it’s probably a placeholder even if it’s a Godzilla film. Likewise, given the secrecy surrounding the project, it’s funny to me that some random crew person would just have something with Godzilla on it lol.

It could be real, it could not be, but it’s not worth being angry over or debating either way.

Friendly reminder that if something is leaked (set photo etc…) don’t post any images or anything publicly on here.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Godzilla Zero just sounds like the sort of clunky title that might be legit

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Vakanai wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:01 pm

Translator:

How? He's an extra, meaning he's probably only in the background of one scene, and filming started a few days ago - his job in this film is already over, nothing left to fire him from.

I'm still skeptical about this being a Godzilla movie because of the whole GvK 2 thing, I think that will keep Toho out of the live action Godzilla movie business for most of the decade, but I would absolutely positively be ecstatic to be proven wrong. I really, really want another good Godzilla movie, the anime films and series and what Monsterverse turned into has just been not fun for me as a fan.
Assuming the Son of Kong news holds up and is true, a Godzilla movie from Toho could probably still happen. Shin Godzilla was released in Japan less than 9 months ahead of Kong: Skull Island.

That being said, I would absolutely take the rumor from Twitter with the tiniest pinch of salt imaginable and gargle it with some water for good measure.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:12 pm Godzilla Zero just sounds like the sort of clunky title that might be legit
Tell me about it. Really starting to miss the straightforward "Godzilla vs..." titles. Can we go back to that sometime please?
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:04 pm
king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:12 pm Godzilla Zero just sounds like the sort of clunky title that might be legit
Tell me about it. Really starting to miss the straightforward "Godzilla vs..." titles. Can we go back to that sometime please?
And if there's no enemy monster...?

Guess we'll just go with "Godzilla" again!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm And if there's no enemy monster...?

Guess we'll just go with "Godzilla" again!
Shin Shin Godzilla.

:shingodzilla:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Showa Gyaos wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:58 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:01 pm

Assuming the Son of Kong news holds up and is true, a Godzilla movie from Toho could probably still happen. Shin Godzilla was released in Japan less than 9 months ahead of Kong: Skull Island.

That being said, I would absolutely take the rumor from Twitter with the tiniest pinch of salt imaginable and gargle it with some water for good measure.
Like I said, this is one of those rare times I would or will be delighted to be wrong. But I'm not clearing my schedule for a new Godzilla movie night at the moment.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:04 pm
I'm thinking Zero is similar to how the Heisei films were Godzilla 2, Godzilla 3, Godzilla 7 ect. Zero is because they're going before 1954.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Maybe instead of ride Goji we have a Godzillasaur/Shodai hybrid fighting a large trilobite?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

imposterzilla wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 pm Maybe instead of ride Goji we have a Godzillasaur/Shodai hybrid fighting a large trilobite?
Man I've wanted Godzilla to fight a trilobite kaiju since I saw first saw King of the Monsters.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.