Shin Japan Heroes

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Re: Shin Japan Heroes

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Meroune wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 am snip
I'd take this article with a heavy grain of salt. It seems the only information they have is the same announcement on the Shin Ultraman website everyone else has access to, which as far as I can tell never makes any claims on the scope of the project, or it reflecting the MCU. This could easily be a "World of Godzilla" situation where English publications greatly miss the context and meaning of Japanese media announcements.
He Jock it Made of Steel

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, not sure why an American media website is suddenly the expert on what's going on in a Japanese project.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Remember folks, if crossovers exist between Japanese franchises, it must somehow be a clone of the MCU, and definitely isn't something that has existed since even as early as Mothra vs. Godzilla. And let's not forget the both Ultraman and Kamen Rider have crossed over before! Let's also ignore how all of the aforementioned franchises have been produced and inspired by one another. Everything must be connected to the MCU, so we can write click-baity articles and have provocative Youtube thumbnails! It certainly isn't an obvious thing to do given all the synergy together! I wonder what will happen to all the world of Godzilla phrasing will be replaced now

It wouldn't surprise me now, if we get some sort of film, or short film/ride based on all this, but I think the fact that it's been announced as a crossover thing than a movie speaks volumes. It would be the first thing they'd announce if it was a confirmed thing, or something they were ready to announce.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:07 pm Remember folks, if crossovers exist between Japanese franchises, it must somehow be a clone of the MCU, and definitely isn't something that has existed since even as early as Mothra vs. Godzilla. And let's not forget the both Ultraman and Kamen Rider have crossed over before! Let's also ignore how all of the aforementioned franchises have been produced and inspired by one another. Everything must be connected to the MCU, so we can write click-baity articles and have provocative Youtube thumbnails! It certainly isn't an obvious thing to do given all the synergy together! I wonder what will happen to all the world of Godzilla phrasing will be replaced now

It wouldn't surprise me now, if we get some sort of film, or short film/ride based on all this, but I think the fact that it's been announced as a crossover thing than a movie speaks volumes. It would be the first thing they'd announce if it was a confirmed thing, or something they were ready to announce.
Its times like this I have channels like DangerVille set to ignore on my recommendations. Ya'll really expecting a big movie out of this are going to be in for a huge disappointment. This is just a ramped up Godzilla vs. Evangelion crossover we got a few years ago. The fact that each version of said character is also Shin should tell you its all just marketing to shine more, international light on Shin Ultraman and Shin Kamen Rider.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I don’t really want a crossover film anyways. Hoping this is just a merch line.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Really hoping we can get a USJ ride out of this. I don't know how it would work with Kamen Rider being part of it but it'd be really cool.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Animated short, hopefully. That’d be cool.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Personally I'm hoping for a live action travelling stage performance with at least 3 musical numbers.
He Jock it Made of Steel

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

A short and lots goodies

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Godzilla fandom. :lol: We're faced with the possibility of a massive, unprecedented crossover movie, a dramatic chance like Toho hasn't taken since 1962, and we'd rather have an animated short tied into an amusement park ride.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:07 am Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Godzilla fandom. :lol: We're faced with the possibility of a massive, unprecedented crossover movie, a dramatic chance like Toho hasn't taken since 1962, and we'd rather have an animated short tied into an amusement park ride.
Honestly a massive full blown crossover movie would feel really contrived and forced unless they SERIOUSLY build up to it. (which they might if they confirm that Shin Godzilla and Shin Ultraman are in the same universe, but i doubt that'll happen and even if it does, how do you fit Evangelion into it/) so uh, no thanks to that lol

At least if it's a ride you can just say it isn't canon

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:07 am Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Godzilla fandom. :lol: We're faced with the possibility of a massive, unprecedented crossover movie, a dramatic chance like Toho hasn't taken since 1962, and we'd rather have an animated short tied into an amusement park ride.
Just because we're Godzilla fans doesn't mean we want a "massive, unprecedented crossover movie." I'd much rather just take a solo or normal vs movie these days. Sure, a crossover movie could be good, or great, or bad, or terrible, with more or less same odds as a non-crossover. But...eh. The past decade plus has kind of dampened my enthusiasm for the magical "crossover." Back when crossovers were a rare event they were kind of interesting. Now that they happen with stupid regularity? Just keep franchises separate so each can just focus on what makes them great. Godzilla isn't improved because you add Ultraman or Gamera to the mix.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'll be excited if a movie actually gets announced, but I'm not going to suddenly start writing articles pretending it's a for sure thing ;)
That's what a lot of people in this thread are rejecting.

I also think given the recent hints at a new Godzilla film in 2024 it's unlikely that they'll really make a big crossover film so close.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I mean, why's that a bad thing? I don't give a shit about Kamen Rider (my only interest in the new movie comes from Anno being involved) or the Evangelion Rebuilds. I like Ultraman but don't really care for it to crossover with Godzilla. There's nothing to entice me regarding a feature film crossover. The most interesting thing about it would be Toho becoming more lax with the franchise.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I dunno, after decades of bland, safe same old, I just feel like any effort by Toho to branch out and do anything new (for them) is exciting and something to embrace and encourage. And why turn down a new movie? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Don't really see how this would work as a fully fledged movie. Would there be any continuity with anything prior? Possibly Shin Godzilla/Ultraman. Not sure how Kamen Rider and especially Evangelion would fit into it. The only way I see it working is some bizarre dimensional plot.

But also one thing that would disturb me is seeing live action Evangelion. Sends shivers down my shins (heh).
For Emperor and Empire!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

If Evangelion wasn't included, I would have expected a crossover live-action movie. Because of Evangelion, they need at least a multiverse plot to mix them all.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

vastatosaurus wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:04 pm If Evangelion wasn't included, I would have expected a crossover live-action movie. Because of Evangelion, they need at least a multiverse plot to mix them all.
A higher likelyhood of an animated project. Maybe by Khara...?
For Emperor and Empire!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Voyager wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:06 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:04 pm If Evangelion wasn't included, I would have expected a crossover live-action movie. Because of Evangelion, they need at least a multiverse plot to mix them all.
A higher likelyhood of an animated project. Maybe by Khara...?
Yes, animation is still possible. Although I'm not sure whether they will produce anything that has long running time.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:30 pm I dunno, after decades of bland, safe same old, I just feel like any effort by Toho to branch out and do anything new (for them) is exciting and something to embrace and encourage. And why turn down a new movie? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I think no one's saying they don't want a new movie. And Toho's definitely branching out. But I think some of us would rather just get a movie where Godzilla is the star rather than a co-star. Crossovers for some people like me just don't hold that much appeal. But there's a lot of others who do want them. No fandom will ever agree on everything. Hell, we can't even agree on if Shin was a good movie or not, why expect everyone to agree on the appeal of a crossover?

Added in 9 minutes 16 seconds:
Also, I'm not really expecting a movie. Short film, animated to include NGE? Sure. Ride? Oh definitely 100%.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.