Shin Japan Heroes

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Japan Heroes

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I like all the properties involved, and would watch a film, if it’s made, but I feel that Godzilla and Eva clash really hard thematically and where they’ve come from. Eva is a very personal creation for Anno, while Godzilla represents Japan’s fears and societal ills throughout its incarnations.
I don’t know enough about Kamen Rider to really compare, but again I don’t think it would mesh well with Eva.

Barring Eva-Unit 101, or Shin being teleported into a Ultraman universe, there’s nothing really connecting anything, other than giant creatures. If Eva gets re-incorporated into something, it’s going to mean the flanderization of whatever is involved; ie it’ll become a big monster fun fest, that is devoid of what fans like. I’d like to be proven wrong, and I don’t doubt that it can be done, but I see and understand why things would be strange. But at the same time, I agree with Jagzilla a little bit: go crazy and see what happens!

What I think is irksome, is that there’s probably a bunch of people that would rather see a new Godzilla film, or Eva product, rather than something that’s a mish-mash of both.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

If there’s a film it definitely has to be a one off not connected to anything. I’d even say go the anime film route.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shin is left frozen at the end of his movie.

So of they wanted Ultraman and Kame Rider would just be regular people that live in a world post Shin.

Now for Eva.
Spoiler:
Shinji at the end of the last rebuild actually warped himself into the real world so a small retcon would be he brought Eva 1 with him.
Knowing Aono I wouldn't even say seeing animated Eva 1 againts the love action other shins is out of his realm of possibility.

The last hurdle would be shin but I can see Ultraman and Eva 1 defeating a thawed Shin and then he comes back at the end of the film to save the day.

Eva 1, Ultraman and Godzilla defeat the big bad while Kamen Rider defeats what ever is controlling it.

I don't care one way or another but I don't expect more than merchandise from this.

My cousin however would've this as he's basically done this crossover with his figures he just need Kame Rider.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

Hello everybody, I'm a new member nice to meet you.
Cookson wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:26 am Where the heck is Gamera…. Toho is FINALLY branching out with crossovers but Gamera still left behind. A Shame.
I think that perhaps Gamera could join the Shin Japan Heroes Universe if Anno in future will direct a Gamera's movie.
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:49 pmWhat about a video game?
It could be possibile, if you guys remembers in the 2017 it was already released a videogame crossover called City Shrouded in Shadow.
Voyager wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:18 pm Animated short, hopefully. That’d be cool.
I would too really like this possibility. I'm hope more for a little series of animated movies.

I'm really curios about who could be the big bad. Perhaps a character created especially for this crossover? Also since in past it was released a action that show a Evangelion Unit 01 mutated thanks Godzilla's cell I wonder if it can be possibile see stuff like a hybrid between King Ghidorah and Angel?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If we see Frozen Shin Godzilla in Shin Ultraman and then Shin Kamen Rider mentions something Shin Ultraman did that would he ok for me and more than I was expecting.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If the Frozen Shin Goji shows up in Shin Ultraman, it will likely be in a post-credits scene.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:58 pm If the Frozen Shin Goji shows up in Shin Ultraman, it will likely be in a post-credits scene.
Not necessarily. You could just pass by it in Tokyo. It could be a background cameo.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Actually, that’s sort of a perfect way to incorporate Shin into Ultraman or whatnot. Literally have him be a statue lol, and not even really address it.

A podcast I listen to, that’s more video game focused, reported on the news.

Thankfully they don’t do anything misleading like report it as a “movie” or anything confirmed, but they do report on the exciting possibilities, should some sort of animation or something come out of it. They address my concerns from earlier, that we wouldn’t get “real Shinji” but rather “crossover Shinji/eva”, most likely.

Additionally Pat and Woolie bring up some cool visuals that I like:
-Kamen Rider riding up the back of Godzilla on his bike.

-Kamen Rider Piloting an Eva after Shinji is knocked unconscious
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:29 am
Additionally Pat and Woolie bring up some cool visuals that I like:
-Kamen Rider riding up the back of Godzilla on his bike.

-Kamen Rider Piloting an Eva after Shinji is knocked unconscious
Yeah Kamen Rider riding up on Godzilla's back and piloting a Eva are both stuff that could happens. About Shinji get knocked unconscious I don't think that it will happens because I believe that if there will be a big bad then nobody of the 4 heroes involved in this will be temporarily excluded from the climax of the final battle.

I would like to see stuff like some kind of fusion or a hybrid between a Kaiju from Ultraman, a Kaiju from Godzilla and a Angel from Evangelion.

Can you immagine a series of beings that are hybrids between the Shin Godzilla's 5th form and Mass Productions Evangelions from End Of Evangelion? The result could be something creepy as hell...
Last edited by ShinGojiX98 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I just want Shinji from Eva to meet Dino-Tank and realize life isn't so depressing after all.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:05 am I like all the properties involved, and would watch a film, if it’s made, but I feel that Godzilla and Eva clash really hard thematically and where they’ve come from. Eva is a very personal creation for Anno, while Godzilla represents Japan’s fears and societal ills throughout its incarnations.
I don’t know enough about Kamen Rider to really compare, but again I don’t think it would mesh well with Eva.

Barring Eva-Unit 101, or Shin being teleported into a Ultraman universe, there’s nothing really connecting anything, other than giant creatures. If Eva gets re-incorporated into something, it’s going to mean the flanderization of whatever is involved; ie it’ll become a big monster fun fest, that is devoid of what fans like. I’d like to be proven wrong, and I don’t doubt that it can be done, but I see and understand why things would be strange. But at the same time, I agree with Jagzilla a little bit: go crazy and see what happens!

What I think is irksome, is that there’s probably a bunch of people that would rather see a new Godzilla film, or Eva product, rather than something that’s a mish-mash of both.
I know Anno Hates Eva nowadays as it reminds him too much of his depression while he loves Tokusatsu and it reminds him of his positive days. It would not surprise me if Eva Unit 01s are the antagonist and Godzilla, Ultraman, and Kamen Rider are the heros if he had his way.

As far as themes go for Kamen Rider, the typical cliche Kamen Rider plot is evil organization wants to take over the world, they turn humans into cypernatic/bio-engineered slave monster soldiers, the protagonist barely escapes control of the evil organization, evil organization kills protagonists loved ones (family, lovers, friends, ect...), Protagonist swears vengeance and won't forgive evil organization. So a lot of the common themes in KMR is usually personal loss, revenge, forgiveness, moving on, personal guilt, introspection of personal humanity (a cliche is often if the Protagonist wonders if they are human or not), opening up to relationships again (the protagonist is often rough around the edges and stoic, while new friends try to reach to theme.) So mostly a lot of cliche hero's journey character arcs and types. Also the evil organization's most successful wins against the protagonist is when they essentially create a perfect anti-version of the protagonist. Also the mentor character is often a good scientist who got blackmailed into the evil organization and helps the protagonist escape.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I can easily see the Eva villain angle, but maybe NERV sides with a Kamen Rider baddie org?

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

Some crazy idea of mine about what the SJHU could show:

The Evangelions's pilot with a Kamen Raider's forms, their bikes and costum of course will have the colors of their respective Evangelions.

A Beta Capsule that will be influenced by Shinji's blood and Eva 01's blood as well guarantees to Shinji the possibility of becoming a Ultraman capable of using the AT-Field and with the colors of Evangelion 01 Pseudo-Evolution. Shinji could use this Beta Capsule as the last resource after having get a defeat piloting the Eva 01.

Gendo Ikari that get Ultraman Belial's powers and then merged with Evangelion 13

Ultraman Belial that get a more powerful version of the Arch Belial's form by absorbing the DNA of SpaceGodzilla.

King Ghidorah get the blood of angel and turn into a Kaiju/ Angel hybrid.

SpaceGodzilla fusion with Ramiel

Godzilla will get the Eva 01's blood for beat the King Ghidorah enhanced with Angel's blood.

Mass Productions Evangelions armed with MechaGodzilla's weapons and armor.

A hybrid creature that will born by a DNA's mix between the cells of Shin Godzilla and Lilith capable of creating hybrids Failures of Infinty/ Shin Godzilla's humanoid tail creature.

The most crazy of all: Biollante that will get the DNA of both Lilth and Rei Ayanami and so get a more humanoid female look, after this Biollante will able to creating living plants that will have a female look with some Godzilla's traits( teeth, tail, dorsal spines) and two heads( one will resemble Yui Ikari when the other will resemble Erika Shiragami).

This is what I would love to see, I know that there is more chances that what I wrote would not happens and it can seem too much crazy at the point to looks like just fan-fiction material and nothing more but who knows?
Last edited by ShinGojiX98 on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I am so happy nobody on Toho Kingdom will get a writing or directing role on a Godzilla film.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:13 am I just want Shinji from Eva to meet Dino-Tank and realize life isn't so depressing after all.

Besides you. You need a film with a $200 million budget.
Last edited by Moth on Tue May 03, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Moth wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:48 pm I am so happy nobody on Toho Kingdom will get a writing or directing role on a Godzilla film.
If I had a dollar for every time I've seen someone on here say that I would have directed a Godzilla movie by now and written it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could there ever be a Shin Goranger?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Moth wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:48 pm I am so happy nobody on Toho Kingdom will get a writing or directing role on a Godzilla film.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:13 am I just want Shinji from Eva to meet Dino-Tank and realize life isn't so depressing after all.

Besides you. You need a film with a $200 million budget.
Thank you Moth, thank ya. You can be my producer.
LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:48 pm Could there ever be a Shin Goranger?
Will there ever be a Shin MechaGoji Bro7503?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

4作品スペシャルコラボ
アトラクション『#シン・765作戦』

対象①【禍威獣】
シン・765作戦は、多発する危機的状況を攻略するミッション進行型アトラクションです。

攻略対象の巨大不明生物『 禍威獣 』
その生態は謎が多く、つぶさな観察が求められます。
#sjhaw
#シンウルトラマン 大ヒット上映中 https://t.co/LXBmQzURsz

Wonder what that means

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

imposterzilla wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:29 am 4作品スペシャルコラボ
アトラクション『#シン・765作戦』

対象①【禍威獣】
シン・765作戦は、多発する危機的状況を攻略するミッション進行型アトラクションです。

攻略対象の巨大不明生物『 禍威獣 』
その生態は謎が多く、つぶさな観察が求められます。
#sjhaw
#シンウルトラマン 大ヒット上映中 https://t.co/LXBmQzURsz

Wonder what that means
Direct translation incoming: 4 works special collaboration
Attraction "# Shin 765 Operation"

Target ① [Beast]
Operation Shin 765 is a mission-progressing attraction that captures frequent crisis situations.

Giant unknown creature to be captured "Beast"
Its ecology has many mysteries and requires close observation.
#sjhaw
#Shin Ultraman blockbuster screening https://t.co/LXBmQzURsz

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I dunno it seems like the big bad for the crossover is gonna be a mysterious creature. Maybe Zetton/Destroyah?
Last edited by imposterzilla on Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.