Shin Japan Heroes

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
UltramanGoji

Shin Japan Heroes

Post by UltramanGoji »

https://twitter.com/toho_movie/status/1 ... HnJJYPe7xg

New merchandising collab, like Shin Godzilla x Evangelion from years back.

Nothing much yet but really cool to see. Although RIP Sentai for being spot #4 of the Shin group.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Shin Japan Heroes

Post by Jermobooka »

This is awesome. Hope we get some really cool merch from this. maybe even a short film or two!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Are they actually going to make a live-action movie? Then this is crazy news.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Odd choice of calling Shin Godzilla heroic but i digress lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:38 pm Odd choice of calling Shin Godzilla heroic but i digress lol
Maybe that one is from "VS Shin Ghidorah" universe.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, it was bound to happen. I hope we get a short film, or something, but I’d be happy if it’s just a weird crossover merch thing. It’s sort of crazy recognizing for better or worse, we are in a new era of Japanese media.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Apparently they are describing this as an "large-scale" project. I hope at least one short clip will come out.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:55 pm Apparently they are describing this as an "large-scale" project. I hope at least one short clip will come out.
It's not a movie (at this point, at least). It's a merchandising/event project. Again, think of Godzilla vs. Evangelion from a few years ago.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:56 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:55 pm Apparently they are describing this as an "large-scale" project. I hope at least one short clip will come out.
It's not a movie (at this point, at least). It's a merchandising/event project. Again, think of Godzilla vs. Evangelion from a few years ago.
Then maybe an attraction that includes a short clip. Like the G vs Eva did.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

if it's a big success i could see it becoming a movie

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:39 pm
Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:38 pm Odd choice of calling Shin Godzilla heroic but i digress lol
Maybe that one is from "VS Shin Ghidorah" universe.
That's what I was thinking! But this is crazy and I hope it leads to big things. This sounds like a comic book or a book to me.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Honestly, I’d be happy with merch, maybe a Godzilla vs. Jhiras and Gomess figure set. Maybe another concert.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Interesting that its not the entirety of NGE, but "Shin Eva", which was the Japanese title of 3.0 + 1.0 (LSD correct me if I'm wrong). It'll be interesting to see how all of these end up playing out, and how people will refer to them. I know some people in the fandom (myself included) have already taken to calling this a "shin anthology" of sorts, but if that actually is the case, will 3.0 + 1.0 be included in this categorization? In the grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't really matter much, but I'm curious none the less.
He Jock it Made of Steel

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What do you guys think a Shin Goranger could be like?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Interesting. I hope this evolves further, maybe into a film of a kind.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:42 pm Interesting. I hope this evolves further, maybe into a film of a kind.
What about a video game?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:56 pm
Good God, I hope you're right.

Imagine a SHMA Shin in Ultraman colors. :D Also... I just can't believe Gamera is *STILL* in retirement at this point.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

They should just make a one off movie. It would make big money that’s for sure… especially if they got Anno to do it. Not necessarily something I want to see but my god it would be huge. I wouldn’t be shocked if Shin Ultraman is indeed in the Shin Godzilla universe at this point.

Where the heck is Gamera…. Toho is FINALLY branching out with crossovers but Gamera still left behind. A Shame.
Last edited by Cookson on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Meroune
Ronin

Post by Meroune »

It's not a merch project as confirmed by Variety-
variety. com/2022/film/news/shin-japan-heroes-universe-anno-hideaki-1235181935/

"The new project will also encompass merchandize, events and other tie-ins derived from the Shin Japan Heroes Universe concept." Keyword here being also and this being included on the end of the article.

"Leading Japanese entertainment firms Toho, Toei, Studio Khara and Tsuburaya Productions are joining forces to launch the Shin Japan Heroes Universe, a project modeled on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Shin Japan Heroes brings together such iconic characters as Godzilla, Ultraman and Kamen Rider, as well as the world of anime maestro Anno Hideaki’s Evangelion sci-fi franchise.

Details in Monday’s announcement were scanty, but the project team has revealed an emblem and visual showing all four “heroes” together, as well as a website."

Is how it leads and it's classified under film news. It's not like Godzilla x Evangelion.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Meroune wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 am It's not a merch project as confirmed by Variety-
variety. com/2022/film/news/shin-japan-heroes-universe-anno-hideaki-1235181935/

"The new project will also encompass merchandize..."
This is Japan. Merchandise is going to be the backbone of this. I dont even think things like this would happen if they couldn't make a ridiculous amount of money selling merch