Fictional countries in the Reiwa Era

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Fictional countries in the Reiwa Era

Post by LegendZilla »

Today, I will like to highlight one recurring element that shows up from time-time in Toho's kaiju-films. Over the years the plots to various movies have involved fictional nations playing a role. Such examples include Roslica in 1961's Mothra, Selgina in GTTHM and Saradia in Biollante. Such a practice can be good if you want to include political intrigue in your story. Would you mind if Toho did it again in a future kaiju film, Godzilla or otherwise? If so, what parts of the world do you think they should be located and what kinds of places should they be? I think it would be cool to see one(s) in Africa or Latin America. Most importantly, would you tie them into the plot?

That's all I have to say for now. Feedback will be much appreciated. ;)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Fictional countries in the Reiwa Era

Post by Gojira1604 »

West Coast Japan (Washington-Baja California)
United Korea
Empire of Ethiopia
Viethai-China
Real life Modernized Unsubmerged Atlantis.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Fictional countries in the Reiwa Era

Post by Vakanai »

Yes, I'd like to see it again, depending on the story. For example, if a foreign country has to be the bad guy/shady/unscrupulous/whatever I'd prefer a fictional country be used (I think everyone gets a little flustered when their nation is depicted in an unfriendly light, whether justly or unjustly). Or if they want to include a prince or princess of a nation in their story I think a fictional country works better than a fictional princess of a real country. That sort of thing. It opens up a lot of potential plots having that on the table. But it's not something I'd push for really either, it's more about the needs of the story they want to tell really.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.