What are your thoughts on Shin Godzilla Sequel to Focus on the humanoids creatures

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

What are your thoughts on Shin Godzilla Sequel to Focus on the humanoids creatures

Post by Thatguy4683 »

The ending to Shin Godzilla certainly was a strange one, but unforgettable. But there’s been a lot of speculation for a sequel to be focus on the humanoid creatures. So if the does sequel come and it focus on the Humanoid creatures, What will be your thoughts on it?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: What are your thoughts on Shin Godzilla Sequel to Focus on the humanoids creatures

Post by Gigantis »

It sounds good as a standalone feature, but the idea of a bunch of tiny creatures who just vaguely resemble Godzilla running around really isn't a Godzilla movie. Just more or less a more Japanese take on a George Romero "Of the Dead" movie.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Re: What are your thoughts on Shin Godzilla Sequel to Focus on the humanoids creatures

Post by Dinoskell »

I think a series of short-films giving different "what if" sequels would be the best take.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

I would accept anime shorts for this. They made something like that for The Matrix a few years ago. A series of "what-ifs" that aren't considered cannon, but with the same production value as cannon.

Added in 1 second:
As long as they don't include that crazy stereotypical overbearing American character. I really didn't like her attitude (she didn't represent *this* citizen of the USA!)!
Last edited by JessIAm on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Depends on how good the actual film is, but if Anno returns for it heck yeah I'm game!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:09 pm It sounds good as a standalone feature, but the idea of a bunch of tiny creatures who just vaguely resemble Godzilla running around really isn't a Godzilla movie. Just more or less a more Japanese take on a George Romero "Of the Dead" movie.
This. What’s the point of a Godzilla movie that doesn’t have Godzilla in it at all?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Nah we good
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think an animated short could be kinda cool.

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:09 pm It sounds good as a standalone feature, but the idea of a bunch of tiny creatures who just vaguely resemble Godzilla running around really isn't a Godzilla movie. Just more or less a more Japanese take on a George Romero "Of the Dead" movie.
What if it's the tail beings and Shin running around.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983