New allies for Godzilla in Rewia era? Or old enemies reworked as allies?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

New allies for Godzilla in Rewia era? Or old enemies reworked as allies?

Post by Dinoskell »

Now the latter might seem controversial at first but remember: Anguirus was first portrayed as a natural enemy of Godzilla and now everyone thinks of them as Godzilla's most dependable companion.

Kamacuras could be an interesting ally, following Godzilla around and helping him in battles with hit and run tactics but also completely willing to flee if it feels too dangerous. As Godzilla does not really eat his fallen foes, Kamacuras could easily see Godzilla as an ideal hunting companion.

Varan is also interesting as they could be the "token evil teammate", given they lord over their territory like an evil king and destroyed a village for making too much noise when looking for a missing child.

And a case of a total jerk monster like Gigan being forced by their masters to team up with Godzilla against a greater threat is also something we've never seen and could have potential.

Or perhaps entirely new monsters created to be Godzilla's allies, designed with dynamic fight scenes and team-moves in mind?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: New allies for Godzilla in Rewia era? Or old enemies reworked as allies?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I don’t see the Reiwa era really giving Godzilla Showa-esque allies given how he’s been portrayed so far in its three versions of him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

A Godzilla Earth styled Godzilla assimilated Baragon and Kamacarus would be interesting. How about Maguma?

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 am I don’t see the Reiwa era really giving Godzilla Showa-esque allies given how he’s been portrayed so far in its three versions of him.
The last two versions were drafted during riding the hype train of Shin and we have Chibi Godzilla existing concurrently.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that Biollante could make for an interesting ally.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:19 pm I think that Biollante could make for an interesting ally.
Agreed, she is part-Godzilla after all.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

rationalorphan
Ronin

Post by rationalorphan »

I think it’d be interesting to see SpaceGodzilla reworked to have an inherent connection to Godzilla and they team up and fight other kaiju/destroy literally everything

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 am I don’t see the Reiwa era really giving Godzilla Showa-esque allies given how he’s been portrayed so far in its three versions of him.
Well, there has been a Reiwa ally in the form of Rodan in Godzilla the Ride.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

It recently occurred to me that Destoroyah with its microbial forms would be a very useful ally for fighting a dangerous infection. As for why Destoroyah would do such a thing: Destoroyah is adaptation incarnate. If a symbiosis with Godzilla is what would be useful for survival no reason they wouldn't, especially if there are other kaiju largely immune to their powers they could hope to lure Godzilla to where their enemies are.
(Attempts to make Destoroyah into a demonic omnicidal maniac fall flat with me given how nonanthropomorphic kaiju other than Spacegodzilla and Mothra and Battra are in Heisei. Destoroyah seems to just want to survive and proliferate, and killing Jr was removing a confirmed threat and also likely served a poor attempt to flex their power and scare Godzilla off ...that backfired horribly as Destoryah does not understand parental love.)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm all for either option, or bringing back past allies. First, though, we need a Reiwa Godzilla capable of joining forces with an ally. The three main incarnations so far have just been mindless engines of destruction.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know, if Toho ever decides to bring back the concept; why not M?

If we have another Godzilla who starts off as a villain but ends up turning good ala Showa Godzilla, him getting an ally in the form of someone who used to be human could be a nice way to show him making peace with all of humanity.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

How about King Ghidorah? It would be interesting to have them be allies for once. Hell, this would be good for just one movie in a separate continuity, so we would only see it in this one movie and never again in case fans don't like.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I can't really imagine King Ghidorah beving an interesting duo Tag-team partner alone, but if part of a larger group might work. I could see Ghidorah grudgingly focusing its firepower on a natural enemy or a monster created to kill him. Not like something bigger and meaner, but mayber more insidious and hard to kill and parasitic.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

rationalorphan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:48 pm I think it’d be interesting to see SpaceGodzilla reworked to have an inherent connection to Godzilla and they team up and fight other kaiju/destroy literally everything
I think SpaceGodzilla could make for an interesting Vegeta type character to Godzilla. An evil member of the same species who comes to conquer the earth, eventually becomes a guarded ally to the protagonist but remains a rival to him.
Last edited by JesstrK on Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rationalorphan
Ronin

Post by rationalorphan »

JesstrK wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:40 pm
rationalorphan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:48 pm I think it’d be interesting to see SpaceGodzilla reworked to have an inherent connection to Godzilla and they team up and fight other kaiju/destroy literally everything
I think SpaceGodzilla could make for an interesting Vegeta type character to Godzilla. An evil member of the same species who comes to conquer the earth, eventually becomes a guarded ally to the protagonist but remains a rival to him.
That’s exactly how I pictured it. That’s be a perfect character arc for him imo

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

rationalorphan wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:03 pm
JesstrK wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:40 pm
That’s exactly how I pictured it. That’s be a perfect character arc for him imo
Spacegodzilla's connection to Godzilla never being made use of has been the huge past problem for the character. Why not simply make a new kaiju then instead of a relatively boring design?
Peronally, my own idea I developed since I was young was to not make Spacegodzilla mere puppet , but look at how parasites alternate behavior combined with how like Gaira , Spacegodzilla grew up in a harsh void with no proper social interaction. ( Spacegodzilla's crystals were said to be inspired by the visible effects of a virus on the leaves of tobacco plants).

Ever seen how an ofshoot of barnacles, Sacculina, infects crabs and has the crabs treat the growth like an egg sac to be protected to and cared for? Male crabs will even be altered to act female and physically changed.I'm not suggesting the exact same thing, but I can easily see crystals manipulaing Spacegodzilla for their own propagation. Spacegodzilla claims larger territories than Godzilla, and defends those territories, spreading and protecting the crystals. No micromanaging mind control, just altering the behavior of the host by metaphorically twisting knobs and pushing buttons on existing instincts. And the fact that Spacegodzilla needs the crystal to feed makes it more equal than mere parasitism. I imagine the crystals not being concious but like supercomputers that can't pass the Turing Test.

My idea of Spacegodzilla was less like a full on mirror or equal to Godzilla, but a young hotshot up on roidrage, and antisocial from growing up in the void of space and the crystals increasing aggression for the above reason (claim more territory and more fiercly defend territory.) They have no framework for proper interacton and many conflicting emotons about seeing of another kind. Basically a troubled teen insisting they are stronger and smarter than everyone else.
While a rocky start is inevitable, the possibility of Spacegodzilla mellowing out is still possible.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Dinoskell wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:03 pm I can't really imagine King Ghidorah beving an interesting duo Tag-team partner alone, but if part of a larger group might work. I could see Ghidorah grudgingly focusing its firepower on a natural enemy or a monster created to kill him. Not like something bigger and meaner, but mayber more insidious and hard to kill and parasitic.
I want King Ghidorah to team up with Mechagodzilla. At least once.

Or be teamed up with all the alien monsters. Mechagodzilla, Orga, Gigan.

As for Godzilla? I think Kong, Gorosaurus, Baragon, and Titanosaurus seem like cool allies.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

A Godzilla indifferent to humanity but on good terms with another kaiju that's not could be interesting . Won't intervene in the conflict, but will defend ally against military attacks when they should be fighting against a common enemy. "This is not the time, fools!"
And maybe smack the ally with his tail if they seem distracted and want to attack a human city when they have more important things to do.

Varan might be a good candidate for this.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Why not both? It would be cool to see kaiju known as enemies of Godzilla become friends. However I am of course open to new creations as well. Seeing something like Biollante or Destoroyah fight alongside Godzilla would be stunning! Maybe Gigan. Gigan could easily be worked in as a cyborg character. Or if we are going to the more grounded route I of course would love to see Varan.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Destoroyah turning into living power armor...which is also the perfect setup to for the scorpion and the frog dilemma: kill Godzilla easily when battle is over, or not?