SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point... Season 2? What Would You Want To See?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Sigh, Manda is still a sea snake dragon like creature. They just stated in an interview that they took some inspiration from centipede designs. Despite what people are going to say, the Mandas in the show are pretty faithful and normal compared to previous incarnations.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:55 pm Sigh, Manda is still a sea snake dragon like creature. They just stated in an interview that they took some inspiration from centipede designs. Despite what people are going to say, the Mandas in the show are pretty faithful and normal compared to previous incarnations.
Thankyou! While the designer said that he took inspiration from centipede designs, the general silhouette of the design still looks like Manda. Also might I remind everyone that we all basically thought that this design was meant to be Manda even from a few glances from the trailers? I think that should say something...
Last edited by phillipw1954 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

With episode 13 done, I can definitely see season 2 being a thing, as for what they can do maybe no idea yet.
Last edited by Denis on Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

deleted
Last edited by ClandestineCanine9 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

phillipw1954 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:30 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:55 pm Sigh, Manda is still a sea snake dragon like creature. They just stated in an interview that they took some inspiration from centipede designs. Despite what people are going to say, the Mandas in the show are pretty faithful and normal compared to previous incarnations.
Thankyou! While the designer said that he took inspiration from centipede designs, the general silhouette of the design still looks like Manda. Also might I remind everyone that we all basically thought that this design was meant to be Manda even from a few glances from the trailers? I think that should say something...
"Centipede-like" is even a controversial classification among attempts to classify sea-serpent sightings

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Even if you’re tempted to, please do not post anything about Godzilla Singular Point Episode 13, at least until it gets released on American Netflix in a week.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 pm Even if you’re tempted to, please do not post anything about Godzilla Singular Point Episode 13, at least until it gets released on American Netflix in a week.
does that include the spoiler thread too?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:48 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 pm Even if you’re tempted to, please do not post anything about Godzilla Singular Point Episode 13, at least until it gets released on American Netflix in a week.
does that include the spoiler thread too?
Spoiler thread is absolutely fair game. Go for it!

To explain my reasoning: The official American Release isn't until next week, June 24th. Undoubtedly some people will want to patiently wait.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Dinoskell wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm
"Centipede-like" is even a controversial classification among attempts to classify sea-serpent sightings
Yeah, there's Con Rit and stuff like that in cryptozoology

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:55 pm
Dinoskell wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Yeah, there's Con Rit and stuff like that in cryptozoology
Yeah, Heuvelmans' Cetioscolopendra whale centipede, based on dubious sightings.
[Pic]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/crypt ... 0421173007[/Pic]
[Pic]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/crypt ... 1101185611[/Pic]
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

No, we mistook it for Ebirah in the trailers.

Fucking Ebirah.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Spuro wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:57 am

skreeonking Ebirah.
Yeah lol when we ONLY saw it's bug-like front legs. Of course we'll assume its something different if we see only the most different part of the design.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

What I want to see...a life-form take on Moguera like a Xenomorph but which parastizes and grows in machines.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Fucking Ebirah.
You probably did lmao

I and many others called Manda from the beginning.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:46 pm

skreeonking Ebirah.
You probably did lmao

I and many others called Manda from the beginning.
There was like one shot from the trailers where everyone jumped up and shouted "Ebirah"! Which is the one where Manda swims in front of the camera and you can only see its legs, which in this design are very bug-like. Literally, if you zoomed out and saw the full model and design, people would've shouted Manda instead. I don't think its much of a stretch to infer that at all.
Of course people will mistake a design if you show them the most different part of it, hell I did too. But besides the bug-like legs, this Manda is very recognizable, even outside of its design.
Colour scheme? Yup.
Snake-like body? Yup.
Nose-barbs? Yup.
Aquatic nature? Yup.
Loves to wrap around stuff? Yup.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

skreeonking Ebirah.
Literally no one I know did this.

A form of "Titanosaurus"? Yes. A new sea monster? Yup.

Ebirah?

Never.

RIP Evan.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I'd like the monsters' evolution proceed much quicker in the upcoming season. We've already watched some developing process showing monsters evolving, especially getting bigger. I think we've already seen this enough. No need to develop the build up story all the way from the beginning again. I hope some giant monsters(perhaps could be called as "Rodan Ultima"or "Anguirus Ultima" etc.) to appear in early episodes.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

I'd love for the Giant Rodan to be explained in the second season. I had a theory that it was actually tons of smaller Rodan that were flying together to create one creature. The impact wouldv'e been a bunch of small Rodan hitting the streets, and no body couldv'e been found because people would only see small Rodans and some would've scattered.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I watched a video by the Omni viewer in which he speculated as to why they did not just use Titanosaurus and Varan and instead incorporated their traits into different forms of Godzilla. One reason he suggested is that the studio behind this show couldn't obtain the rights to those characters.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

There'll be an official guidebook coming out mid-July regarding S.P and its characters and monsters. Hoping it'll shed some light on behind-the-scenes details.

OT, I'd love to see them tackle Bagan and actual Zone Fighter/the Zone Family, and another original monster or two to appear that'll be just as fun as Salunga.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock