SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'd say its safe to say that SP has seeming met most expectations. My own criticisms aside (HATE the Rodans), I'm hoping we see a Season 2. And if we do, what do you hope/expect to see?

Myself, I'm hoping a Season 2 would expand its science mombo jumbo to outer space and introduce us to a "galactic archetype" or something and bring back SpaceGodzilla. Curious to see how they'd do him.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point... Season 2? What Would You Want To See?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I would like to see what do they would do with King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla, yes I know they been used so many times but with the direction they are going with I would like to see what decision they could make with these two icons

If the execution is done well

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Destroyah, Biollante, SpaceGodzilla, and King Ghidorah should appear.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I hope they cut down on the technobabble, it’s getting irritating and really isn’t adding up to anything
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I'd like to wait to see how the show ends before setting expectations for the next season. with that said, whatever happens, Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla have both been done twice within the past 4 years, I'd like to give those two a break for a while. besides, those two and Mothra are the most used kaiju aside from Godzilla himself, and I'd like to see other characters make a comeback like JJ and Kumonga did, if not new monsters entirely.

as for the technobabble, this season is very clearly being intentionally vague with everything so there's a big reveal at the end. hopefully, once they figure things out, the technobabble will decrease some.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I'm okay if SP ends up being a one and done show but.... A second season does sound interesting. I like the main cast, so I'd be cool with seeing them again along with new characters. Plus new takes on monsters and possible brand new ones would be nice.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:56 pm I hope they cut down on the technobabble, it’s getting irritating and really isn’t adding up to anything
ok wojak

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:06 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:56 pm I hope they cut down on the technobabble, it’s getting irritating and really isn’t adding up to anything
ok wojak
The correct take: Exhibit A, by Cryptidliker
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Fri May 28, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I could be wrong, but as of now it appears to be a self-contained story. Honestly, I’d rather them just have a similar production team do another unrelated Godzilla show about the same length, or do what the movies do and change characters and focus.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Better monsters that actually fucking resemble who they’re supposed to represent. But I know that’s asking for too much from Toho these days.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Technically it is. It seems to be a key element of the story.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

KK42 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 am Better monsters that actually skreeonking resemble who they’re supposed to represent. But I know that’s asking for too much from Toho these days.
Just curious, which monsters are you referring to?

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Well, the first season is still ongoing so we might get a very conclusive ending that might not make for a good sequel. However that aside I would like to see more monsters of course. Specifically more forms of Godzilla. Maybe we actually would get to see a winged Godzilla after seeing it mentioned a few times. Or perhaps even get that "Super" Godzilla in here somehow. Salunga is an interesting kaiju but not much is known about him so far. Assuming they don't actually develop him, we need more background info for the second season. It has been a while since we had a unique monster be a good Godzilla rival without just being quickly forgotten in later entries.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

phillipw1954 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:57 am
KK42 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 am Better monsters that actually skreeonking resemble who they’re supposed to represent. But I know that’s asking for too much from Toho these days.
Pretty much all of them except Anguirus, late stage Jet Jaguar, and Godzilla when he isn't ripping off Shin.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

KK42 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:11 pm
phillipw1954 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:57 am
Pretty much all of them except Anguirus, late stage Jet Jaguar, and Godzilla when he isn't ripping off Shin.
I think the Rodan's are pretty good, atleast the "adult" ones.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I would not be opposed to seeing Orga come back to the house.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Maybe alternate timeline invaders would fit in. Maybe they need archetype to fulfill their goals. Maybe one world is if the Trilogy MechaG won and you'd have nanometal infested G Earth altered monsters with nanometer infections try to harvest archetype to invade and infect new worlds. So AI problems with MechaG attempting to propagate itself and maybe have an invasion of Millenians with Godzilla traits try to harvest archetype to make sure their kind never went extinct and build a fleet of their bike seat UFOS from unlimited universes. G Ultima tries to restore balance to the multiverse?

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Honestly, it would depend on how season 1 ends in my honest opinion.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:58 pm Maybe one world is if the Trilogy MechaG won and you'd have nanometal infested G Earth altered monsters with nanometer infections try to harvest archetype to invade and infect new worlds.
keep Godzilla Earth separated from SP entirely
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:03 am
imposterzilla wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:58 pm Maybe one world is if the Trilogy MechaG won and you'd have nanometal infested G Earth altered monsters with nanometer infections try to harvest archetype to invade and infect new worlds.
keep Godzilla Earth separated from SP entirely
We would but you'd have What if continuties invade.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sun May 30, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.