SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/netflix-a ... june-6-10/

According to this article, on June 6th-10th, Netflix will be promoting and discussing all their animated properties and ones that are successful. Godzilla Singular Point is one of these, and will apparently air an “exclusive clip”.

My guess is that this will either be a teaser for season 2, or a clip just meant to advertise the show to anyone who hasn’t seen it yet. In any case, it makes the first time that Netflix is seriously acknowledging the series in a while.

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/every ... eeked-week
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

The schedule in that article is from last year.
Hi!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:00 pm The schedule in that article is from last year.
Shit. Why on earth would you call it “Geeked 2022”, and that article sneakily updated saying it was wittten in April 2022. I guess I got got.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:23 pmI guess I got got.
Don't worry, it got me for a second too. :lol:

And who knows maybe GSP season 2 is actually going to be announced in June and they show something at this years event. I'm not expecting it since I think something like that is more likely to happen at a japanese event but hey... it would certainly make me happy. So it absolutely won't happen.
Hi!

gojizillakong
Samurai

Post by gojizillakong »

I wouldn’t be too worried rn, tbh. Anime seasons take a while to make, especially for a studio like Bones. I waited a few years for Mob Psycho 3’s announcement for example.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still waiting on season 3 of One Punch Man. Last season was 2019.

Added in 4 minutes 31 seconds:
Besides if this Yamazaki project is indeed a Godzilla movie then Toho is likely focusing more on that at the moment.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Another account mentioned the new book, No MechaG at the end, just a weird fish reference. Looks like season 2 is in early works, BUT NETFLIX could just cancel it so....

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:30 pm Another account mentioned the new book, No MechaG at the end, just a weird fish reference. Looks like season 2 is in early works, BUT NETFLIX could just cancel it so....
Netflix is sort of irrelevant, or at least I wouldn’t worry about them having any big decisions on whether it goes through or not. It aired on Japanese tv so it’s separate from the type of “Netflix Original Productions” that are currently getting slaughtered.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

I hope season 2 has a SP version of biollante. And hopefully it isn’t a smaller version like the rodans. :Rodan56:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:26 am I think SP took a few years to write and get together. It was in production since like, 2017?
Maybe even a bit earlier since I remember hearing it was in pre-production even before the Polygon trilogy.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

So @KyoeiToshi read the new novel. Looks like the Jellyfish is where archetype came from. They came onto land and formed Hedorah. Plus Rodan sees Radio Waves and is a SP avatar. Apparently it is confused that living things here don't generate radio waves and is confused by right angles.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:56 pm Looks like the Jellyfish TV at archetype came from are Hedorah or go the of it.
. . . What?

Speaking of KyoeiToshi, here're their latest posts regarding
Spoiler:
THE SINGULAR POINT

"In a segment that occurs before the first episode of the SP anime, the being that is the Singular Point muses. It has no name and is a truly cosmic being-it experiences all time and space, all dimensions, all alternative timelines, at once.

It fights, and fights, and fights over and over. It never stops until it finally succeeds in winning and destroying everything. Even then, it continues to fight.

It visualizes 1954 in Nigashio City (where lots of SP takes place). It sees a man. The man is his nemesis.He’s holding what we know to be the OD. The man sees him. Ashihara, playing his part in the legend we hear of in the series-resulting in the giant Goji skeleton?"
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Sorry new phone writes weird.

Added in 2 hours 27 minutes 24 seconds:
imposterzilla wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:24 pm Sorry new phone writes weird.
My theory is that Hedorah. Dogora, and the Kumonga hedorahs are the same entities just filtered through different phases of archetype
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The ultimate Singular Point collectible is going up for preorder!

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

So like what are you’re guys thoughts, no sequel? I would’ve thought we’d have heard something by now, tbf the first season took a while to develop, but I would’ve guessed they’d have mentioned at least something about it.
He Jock it Made of Steel

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:47 am So like what are you’re guys thoughts, no sequel? I would’ve thought we’d have heard something by now, tbf the first season took a while to develop, but I would’ve guessed they’d have mentioned at least something about it.
I’ll give it a bit more time. I think they’ll wait to announce it. Lot of anime season 2’s that were anticipated take a while to even get announced.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Lots of factors decide whether something gets a sequel or not, also anime is expensive to make. Studio BONES is a very busy studio and any second season would have to had been able to fit within their busy schedule. This might take a few years, if we are even getting one. Give me a sequel though, I loved the crazy weird stuff that happened.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

StardustGenius wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am Lots of factors decide whether something gets a sequel or not, also anime is expensive to make. Studio BONES is a very busy studio and any second season would have to had been able to fit within their busy schedule. This might take a few years, if we are even getting one.
One day they should try to utilize advanced AI in producing animation, which would cut costs a lot.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm not giving up hope, but I am starting to wonder if I'm coping.

The next Godzilla film is out next Fall, so it's possible we'll get a spring 2023 release still (fast) or a 2024 Spring release as well. Who really knows though; Toho didn't seem to care about GvK and Godzilla SP coming out at around the same time and just promoting both. If there is a season 2, they probably won't promote it as much, or build up to it, as much as we have for season 1 (ie the turn over before unvieling to release will be quicker). Minus the Kumonga creatures, and Rodan, they've exhausted all the possible Bandai merch figures they could make. Mob Psycho has had 3 years between seasons, so I think that's a decent benchmark.

Added in 22 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:39 pm One day they should try to utilize advanced AI in producing animation, which would cut costs a lot.
Screw that. I sort of don't look forward to the day when everything is machine-based AI stuff. Even if the final product is cool, it'll leave a very sour taste in my mouth.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.