Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 am
Gotschiller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am
Looking pretty good but King Ghidorah design look like slightly alter MV King Ghidorah,
Yep, it's literally MV Ghidorah but with hands and pseudo-beaks.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

Those godzilla blue eyes .... :

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Image here’s a screenshot from the trailer of king Ghidorah, I don’t really like how small his wings are and how they look, It looks disproportionate
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 08, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Not sure how I feel about this Ghidorah. Godzilla is pretty cool. Some of the dorsal plates look a little large.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:18 am Image here’s a screenshot from the trailer of king Ghidorah, I don’t really like how small his wings are and how they look, It looks disproportionate
Reminds me of GMK Ghidorah
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:49 am Not sure how I feel about this Ghidorah. Godzilla is pretty cool. Some of the dorsal plates look a little large.
I guess they’re trying to emulate the big Millenium spines but with the Heisei ones, which is really cool honestly
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Well Ghidorah didn't look much like the MV version at all despite some people's fears - the mouth/snout is much more "beak-y" than I was expecting.

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:41 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 am
Looking pretty good but King Ghidorah design look like slightly alter MV King Ghidorah,
Yep, it's literally MV Ghidorah but with hands and pseudo-beaks.
I really just don't see the MV comparisons - even more so now seeing it in video.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:01 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:49 am Not sure how I feel about this Ghidorah. Godzilla is pretty cool. Some of the dorsal plates look a little large.
I guess they’re trying to emulate the big Millenium spines but with the Heisei ones, which is really cool honestly
Yeah, this take on Godzilla is one of the few more modern updates that like the MV version is pure perfection to me. More traditional, but still unique. I hope this model gets used for some of the World of Godzilla stuff, would love to see it in a movie.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If that Godzilla design is what they end up using, I'd be completely fine with Toho making the next few films.

As long as there's cgi and MV influence, I'm game.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

The Godzilla design is pretty cool. Ghidorah is just meh... not bad but nothing crazy.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

They look like MV and heisei hybrids

Love them to death, hope a ride vid comes out soon
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

I agree, this Ghidorah design may be my least favorite design. Looks too much like MV Ghidorah with unnecessary changes thrown in. I absolutely loved the EvaGhidorah design from USJ, but this one is a letdown.
Godzilla looks pretty good on the other hand.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I dig these designs. What stuck out most to me in the footage was how fast Ghiddy was going. Mans got limber as hell
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Ghidorah doesn't have hands. I wish they would just stop with the 'radical' designs. Just make a three headed golden dragon for gods sake, its not hard.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

The "beaks" are interesting but yeah I'm not feeling those wings. Seeing Ghidorah charge around like Tigrex is not something I ever expected to see.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I wonder if they'll do a figure tie-in with either the Godzilla design or the Ghidorah design similar to what they did with Shin Ghidorah. I happen to like the Godzilla design a bunch and it would be a nice addition.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Agreed I hope these guys get the SHMA treatment as well along with the Always 2 Godzilla

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Man the mental gymnastics some people who stubbornly insist there was no MV influence on the designs for Japanese Godzilla kaiju is something to behold on other sites.

I really do like them here. Reiwa era hasn't given me a design I didn't like in some regard or another yet.

KasZilla
Yojimbo

Post by KasZilla »

What's up with everything being compared to MV Godzilla? This looks like an authentic toho design. I don't see legendary Godzilla at all in this design.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I guess I see Legendary Godzilla's texture but the rest is just MosuGoji mixed with Heisei.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The design from far away doesn't really look like it was inspired by the MV design, but if you look at the brief shot of it's face, it has a more square/angular head, as well as longer maw. Then the arms. The proportions and spines are more in line with the Heisei, but yeah I think the MV comparisons to both monsters are justified now.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.