Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by Vakanai »

Zasraniec wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 pm Awesome! I am really digging the designs of both Godzilla and Ghidorah! Now if only there is some footage of the ride for those of us not lucky enough to go to it...
We never got an official release of the video for the GvsNGE ride, but like for that ride someone will manage to record it and release it. The quality won't be that great, but it's better than nothing.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lol that's totally MV Ghidorah
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Looks like Always 2 Godzilla mashed up with ChandlerGoji
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:40 pm Lol that's totally MV Ghidorah
How so? I've listed the differences between them, so I'm a bit curious which features make them the same.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Looks like the silhouette of MogeGoji mixed with the texture and details of LegendaryGoji.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I want an SHMA of these guys

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If this things staying open permanetely i need to put "going to the Godzilla vs. Ghidorah" ride on my bucket list for life. I'm not missing a chance to ride a Godzilla attraction for the third time in a row!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

They may not be identical, but it's blatantly obvious to me that they took more than a few design cues from the MonsterVerse Ghidorah. The wing-walking, middle neck in-front of the other two, relatively thin body, etc. The heads especially have a strong resemblance. They have the same aggressive, western-style dragon look complete with the slightly curved horns that the MV version had. You can thank Reign of Fire for setting the template for most modern depictions of dragons :D

Edit:

Now that I mention it, the heads actually look a lot like the dragons from Reign of Fire, only with more horns:

Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:10 pm They may not be identical, but it's blatantly obvious to me that they took more than a few design cues from the MonsterVerse Ghidorah. The wing-walking, middle neck in-front of the other two, relatively thin body, etc. The heads especially have a strong resemblance. They have the same aggressive, western-style dragon look complete with the slightly curved horns that the MV version had. You can thank Reign of Fire for setting the template for most modern depictions of dragons :D

Edit:

Now that I mention it, the heads actually look a lot like the dragons from Reign of Fire, only with more horns:

What's ironic as hell about that is that KotM made it clear that the in universe explanation for dragons were centered on the Eastern depiction rather than Western. So I guess they failed in that regard.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:10 pm They may not be identical, but it's blatantly obvious to me that they took more than a few design cues from the MonsterVerse Ghidorah. The wing-walking, middle neck in-front of the other two, relatively thin body, etc. The heads especially have a strong resemblance. They have the same aggressive, western-style dragon look complete with the slightly curved horns that the MV version had. You can thank Reign of Fire for setting the template for most modern depictions of dragons :D
Even the wing-walking is different in style though, with the color, the hand, and possibly how the even hold and move their wings to walk judging by that picture. And the middle head being more upfront just seems like a basic posing thing for pictures. I guess I can see the more western styled influence, but even then that's drawing from the same source but still coming up with their own look for it. Shape, coloration, scales, horns all differ. There's similarities true, but no more than you're going to get when adapting any character multiple times. Counting the Shin Godzilla vs NGE ride this is only the third time we've seen Ghidorah in CGI. They're still trying to push some distance between the man-in-a-suit look I think, so we're probably going to see more wing-walking takes. But I do see the similarites now that they've actually been listed. I just feel it's unfair to say they're the same when there clearly has been work to make it different. It's just more in the lines of general tweaks to a basic design vs the more radically different departures Godzilla's gone through in a decade (MV, Shin, MP Trilogy, SP series). It's closer to how they used to update these designs during the Showa/Heisei eras, where they were less experimental. At least that's how this design seems to me. More tweaks than building from the ground up.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Edit:

Reign of Fire is such an underrated movie I've wanted too see a Ghidorah that was inspired those dragons and between the MV and this attraction I'm happy as hell.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Honestly, this Godzilla is my favorite Reiwa Godzilla design so far.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

Pretty awesome to see a theme park in Japan that isn't Universal gets their own permanent Godzilla ride. Good way for not only Godzilla fans who won't have to worry about missing out on due to a limited time event but it'll also boost attendance up for that park. Also liking how Godzilla and Ghidorah look too. Godzilla especially looks sweet as basically his Heisei design given the Legendary treatment.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

kaijukurt wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 pm https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 91298?s=21
Translation: 5/19 Godzilla's ride appears at the grand opening "Seibuen Amusement Park"! Directed by Takashi Yamazaki. A new type of attraction involved in the fierce battle between Godzilla and King Ghidorah!
Takashi Yamazaki was the director for Always: Sunset on Third Street & its sequel with the famous Godzilla cameo!
must be why this Godzilla looks like that one
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gotschiller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am *Trailer Vid*
Huh. Both of them don't look as big as i thought the ride was gonna make them be. Oh well.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gotschiller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am
Woah. Don’t think we’ve seen a Ghidorah move that fast ever lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Seems that they referenced Simon Lee's early concept design for KOTM Ghidorah, judging from the quadruped stance and beaks.

Isn't this the first Ghidorah design to have front paws? KOTM Ghidorah wing-walked as well, but he didn't have front feet.
Last edited by Vandarker on Sat May 08, 2021 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That Godzilla looks like absolute perfection!
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat May 08, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gotschiller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am
Looking pretty good but King Ghidorah design look like slightly alter MV King Ghidorah, maybe it the heads the does it, have to see the full body renter with better quality to see the difference
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 08, 2021 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.