Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by kaijukurt »

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 91298?s=21
Translation: 5/19 Godzilla's ride appears at the grand opening "Seibuen Amusement Park"! Directed by Takashi Yamazaki. A new type of attraction involved in the fierce battle between Godzilla and King Ghidorah!

Takashi Yamazaki was the director for Always: Sunset on Third Street & its sequel with the famous Godzilla cameo!
Last edited by kaijukurt on Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by Tyrant28 »

It is cool but very weird how close their designs are to their MV incarnations. Wondered if they wanted to just used those designs but couldn’t due to some weird legal type deal and had to settle for the next best thing?
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant28 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 pm It is cool but very weird how close their designs are to their MV incarnations. Wondered if they wanted to just used those designs but couldn’t due to some weird legal type deal and had to settle for the next best thing?
I don't see it. This Goji is generic but distinctly different from the MV Godzilla.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ghidorah looks closer to Creataceous King Ghidorah honestly. And Godzilla almost looks nothing like MV Godzilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hmm, I haven’t been to saitama, might go. I’ll have to see about the Coronavirus situation when it’s open. Amusement parks have been on and off recently for obvious reasons.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Godzilla the ride confirmed to open next month

Post by gottatalktothefake »

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/ ... next-month

New permanent Godzilla ride attraction opening next month.

Gotta say, I’m really happy they made a new design for the ride instead of using shin Godzilla for it like they have for every single attraction in the last 5 years, it adds variety. Also, the new design is fucking awesome looking. It’s a nice heisei/millenium/Monsterverse hybrid design and it looks great.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

A new ride? That’s permanent? That isn’t shin Godzilla for the octillionth time? A new awesome looking design that incorporates the best of a bunch of incarnations?

Sign me up!
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Maybe they have a new Godzilla design so they can sell special exclusive Bandai figures ;)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

https://twitter.com/Goji_Rider_K/status ... 17604?s=20

More looks at the new designs! Seems like Ghidorah has green wings and Godzilla reminds me of a Heisei version with Legendary-esque scales.

Added in 7 minutes 9 seconds:
From the article: “Also, the giant monsters in the ride are newly designed by Yamazaki himself.” I wonder if Toho has bigger plans in store for him.
Last edited by kaijukurt on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ghidorah with green wings might actually be a nod to the GTTHM poster now that i think about it, since that also had wings that didn't match the rest of his body.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm not a fan of how the Ghidorah is literally just 2019 but Godzilla looks really good.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Ghidorah Torso look off, but The rest seems OK,Godzilla on the other hand look good

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:15 am Ghidorah with green wings might actually be a nod to the GTTHM poster now that i think about it, since that also had wings that didn't match the rest of his body.
Good catch!

Between this, the recent X-Plus “original colors” release, and the Universal 4D attraction Shin Ghidorah, looks like Toho is fond of callbacks to the original multicolored design (more on the concept art build/posture rather than colors for Shin Ghidorah).
Last edited by kaijukurt on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

kaijukurt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:00 am https://twitter.com/Goji_Rider_K/status ... 17604?s=20

More looks at the new designs! Seems like Ghidorah has green wings and Godzilla reminds me of a Heisei version with Legendary-esque scales.

From the article: “Also, the giant monsters in the ride are newly designed by Yamazaki himself.” I wonder if Toho has bigger plans in store for him.
Doubt there’s any bigger plans, but I wouldn’t be against it. In 2009, watching that intro to Sunset on Third Street 2, made me happy as a desperate young Godzilla fan. (Speaking of I need to watch that movie in full). But that build up, and full frontal explosion of Godzilla, was something to be excited about, and in many ways captured the energy of both the original series and what would proceed it. Now I’m really excited!

Designs look good, if only an blender of things. The biggest distinction to me is how look good Ghidorah arms are. I love that we have been consistently getting new designs recently.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Oh god damn it, they made Ghidorah a wing walker. Again.

-sigh-
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Lmao, King Ghidorah has hands. Must be getting into deadlifting, proud of my guy.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

kaijukurt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:00 am https://twitter.com/Goji_Rider_K/status ... 17604?s=20

Okay, now I see the Legendary comparison for Goji with this picture.

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 am I'm not a fan of how the Ghidorah is literally just 2019 but Godzilla looks really good.
I really don't see the 2019 Ghidorah comparison though. The heads and horns are very different. The only similarity is that CGI style. The way the heads and necks feel CGI, that's the key similarity, and it's something we'll just have to get used to. But the size of the mouth, shape of the horns, there's just no 2019 there.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 pm I really don't see the 2019 Ghidorah comparison though. The heads and horns are very different. The only similarity is that CGI style. The way the heads and necks feel CGI, that's the key similarity, and it's something we'll just have to get used to. But the size of the mouth, shape of the horns, there's just no 2019 there.
They look essentially the same, save for 2021 having hands.
ImageResized Image

Resized Image
Resized Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 pm
Vakanai wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 pm I really don't see the 2019 Ghidorah comparison though. The heads and horns are very different. The only similarity is that CGI style. The way the heads and necks feel CGI, that's the key similarity, and it's something we'll just have to get used to. But the size of the mouth, shape of the horns, there's just no 2019 there.
They look essentially the same, save for 2021 having hands.
ImageResized Image

Resized Image
Resized Image
Looking at the pics...not really? I mean, it's CGI Ghidorah, there's going to be similarities, but they're not the same. The snouts on the new Ghidi is shorter and rounder, the horns are a little bulkier and shaped differently, it's got more of that pink inner cheek thing going on I don't know the name for ala JP's T-Rex, the coloration is different too more of a ruddy dirt brown bronze, has more spiky scales along the necks, then there's the hands which is kind of weird, and the wings are green. I mean, I'm getting all this just from four cruddy pictures. I'm not sure how wildly different you want it to look, but outside of both being generically King Ghidorah made on a computer there's still a lot of differences here.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Awesome! I am really digging the designs of both Godzilla and Ghidorah! Now if only there is some footage of the ride for those of us not lucky enough to go to it...