Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by JNewbold54 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:19 pm Why does Ghidorah have pecs?
I mean, he'd need big chest muscles to fly. Though the absence of a breastbone to anchor them to makes that not work so much.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

:eh:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:19 pm Why does Ghidorah have pecs?
Ghitties
He’s been hitting the gym
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The X-Plus figure originally teased months ago is finally being released. Figured I'd share it in this thread to appreciate the design some more.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... hagodzilla

Still adore this design, very happy with my Bandai of it. If Toho does any more short films like the one released today, they should consider making a suit of this guy. Unlikely I know, but a man can dream.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:21 am

Still adore this design, very happy with my Bandai of it. If Toho does any more short films like the one released today, they should consider making a suit of this guy. Unlikely I know, but a man can dream.
Or, if it fits the film, have a slightly modified version of that design appear in a full length feature. I think Toho or whoever realized it's such a fantastic design that it would be unfortunate to squander it solely on one ride, hence the toys.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Man that’s a great updated Toho design for real.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

People talk about the MV/Reiwa designs having wonky proportions but this is even odder to me, looks like it was sculpted by 4 different people in different rooms, it would really benefit from being streamlined. It's already a 'traditional' design so might as well give it that classic Heisei build.

Hate to be 'that guy' but I might honestly prefer the simpler Always 2 design over this.
Last edited by tbeasley on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I really want to like the design, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me. I can't put my finger on any specific feature of it.
Last edited by Breakdown on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Maybe I missed something, but do we know when the Ride is meant to be set? Is it contemporary or set in the past?

It struck me as period due to Yamazaki's involvement, outdated spellings in the Japanese title and Showa style marketing materials. You can see what I mean here if unfamiliar.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tbeasley wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:58 pm Maybe I missed something, but do we know when the Ride is meant to be set? Is it contemporary or set in the past?

It struck me as period due to Yamazaki's involvement, outdated spellings in the Japanese title and Showa style marketing materials. You can see what I mean here if unfamiliar.
There's 1960's-styled vehicles in the opening shot + the theater queue has Showa-era posters (real or fake, I do not know) so that should answer that.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering how the director feels about Godzilla and the fact Rodan helps Godzilla I'd say it's alternate showa events.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image