Hideaki Anno Is Directing Shin Kamen Rider

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Re: Hideaki Anno Is Directing Shin Kamen Rider

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

This announcement wasn't completely unexpected, since it was already known the promotional website was coming, but I'm incredibly excited. Something interesting is that Funimation promoted it on their Twitter and even have a blog post on their website about it. They're currently confirmed to be releasing the Kamen Rider W sequel anime, and they've previously distributed Shin Godzilla. They even mention their distribution of Shin Godzilla in the final line of the blog post, so I'm curious to see if they will be distributing Shin Kamen Rider (as well as Shin Ultraman). Although, I guess we'll see in time.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I have heard of Kamen Rider before and I saw a few clips of it on the internet, but I never watched any TV show or movie from this franchise. Because of that, I'm not as excited in this movie as I was for Shin Godzilla or Shin Ultraman, but I'm still curious on checking out this movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Why doesn't he just direct EVERYTHING with 'Shin' in the name?
How about Shin Crayon Shin Chan?

But yeah I'm excited for it.
Shin Super Sentai next!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:49 pm Why doesn't he just direct EVERYTHING with 'Shin' in the name?

Shin Super Sentai next!
What would a Shin Superman or Shin Batman be like?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Well this will be my first introduction to Kamen Rider

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm
daveblackeye15 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:49 pm Why doesn't he just direct EVERYTHING with 'Shin' in the name?

Shin Super Sentai next!
Not sure about Batman but Superman'd be insane, bald, and trying to take over the world. Or if we're just going by the public comics, he would hop instead of fly.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think we should move this thread over to the Media Center.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:48 pm Damn, where is Shin Gamera...
Right here...

Actually that's not Shin Gamera, that's Gamera Guardian of the Universe. Really good film, I'd recommend watching it. But it isn't Shin Gamera. Weird how people keep messing up the name for this entry of Gamera these days...

Added in 7 minutes 36 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Shin Super Sentai next!
I don't know how well the "Shin" thing would go over for American superheroes, but I've been wanting a Japanese tokusatsu Batman project for months now.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Vakanai wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:23 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:48 pm Damn, where is Shin Gamera...
Right here...

Actually that's not Shin Gamera, that's Gamera Guardian of the Universe. Really good film, I'd recommend watching it. But it isn't Shin Gamera. Weird how people keep messing up the name for this entry of Gamera these days...
I personally view the Heisei Gamera to be Shin Gamera, the same way you people tend to view Shin Godzilla as a remake of G54.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 pm
Vakanai wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Right here...

I personally view the Heisei Gamera to be Shin Gamera, the same way you people tend to view Shin Godzilla as a remake of G54.
That's fine- but you have to recognize that your view is not the common view, nor that people think that semantics is good evidence for it, and stating it as if it should be or is a fact whenever someone asks "When's Shin Gamera?" is kind of...meh. Just say "To me, I feel like the 90s trilogy is like what Shin Gamera is or should be" so that your opinion can be noted, but not make it seem like the desires of people who want a modern day reboot as part of this new "Shin" should be dismissed.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Damn! Anno is just making a run through Japanese icons huh? When's Shin Super Sentai? I'm not even joking either. I've never been an Ultraman fan, but that Shin Ultraman looks sick! Annoverse!!!!!