Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
UltramanGoji

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 8)

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wouldn't have killed you to at least give some credit.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Wasn't Kai working for Dr. Lee? On behalf of Dr. Lee, Kai contacted May and delivered her Archetype. If Kai is some secret insider, it would mean that Lee might also have something suspicious behind.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:01 pm Wouldn't have killed you to at least give some credit.
In hindsight...yeah, probably should do that

Anyways, i really like Amphibia’s weird breath attack. It’s so confusing and so badass just like this entire anime. The way it warped that thingy is interesting too.

Just makes me more excited for just how confusing Ultima’s atomic breath is gonna be :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 12, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:54 pm Regarding the monsters, it appears that they're either from another dimension full of Archetype, where Godzilla, or other bigger monsters, produce crude archetype, red dust (I think). I believe the "strange beam" that gets fired by Godzilla Amphibia in episode 8, is Godzilla consuming his version of archetype, one that we cannot see or perceive. I don't think it's a cooling wave, but rather the energy being absorbed from the air. Sarunga was shown in episode 7 to be able to control archetype by pushing it upwards to mask it's presence from BB and his team so they couldn't easily fire on it.
The dialogue says Amphibia is "emitting" low-temperature gas, so it is a cooling wave of some sort. But other than that you're right. I think Amphibia's weird beam is his way of drawing in energy from his surroundings.

In Episode 4, it is explained that the Archetype is capable of amplifying the energy it absorbs, defying the law of conservation of energy. I think Amphibia is doing exactly that, absorbing the energy from the surrounding environment with his "beam", amplifying the energy, and releasing the energy in the form of an even bigger explosion. So basically, if you bomb him, he returns it with an even stronger attack.

Perhaps Ultima's breath is an evolved version of this ability? He's able to naturally draw in energy from his surroundings, amp it up inside his body and release it in the form of a focused beam. That way, he doesn't need a nuclear reactor inside his body (unlike previous incarnations of Godzilla) and he'll be able to beam spam his enemies without fear of running low on energy.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:16 pm Wasn't Kai working for Dr. Lee? On behalf of Dr. Lee, Kai contacted May and delivered her Archetype. If Kai is some secret insider, it would mean that Lee might also have something suspicious behind.
I saw a guy on youtube say that Li seems to be lying a bit to Mei, so that would line up. Given that we see BB, Rina (BB's kid), and Mei traversing on a rowboat in a canyon in one of the trailers, it might be that they get betrayed by the rest of Shiva, and the boat is part of their escape.

Also, I gotta say that BB is growing to be my favourite character. He's just got such an unpredictable, feral energy, but you also get the sense that there's more going on (both good and bad) with him beneath the surface. I'd love to see how he'd interact with the Otaki crew.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiSquid wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:16 pm Wasn't Kai working for Dr. Lee? On behalf of Dr. Lee, Kai contacted May and delivered her Archetype. If Kai is some secret insider, it would mean that Lee might also have something suspicious behind.
I saw a guy on youtube say that Li seems to be lying a bit to Mei, so that would line up. Given that we see BB, Rina (BB's kid), and Mei traversing on a rowboat in a canyon in one of the trailers, it might be that they get betrayed by the rest of Shiva, and the boat is part of their escape.

Also, I gotta say that BB is growing to be my favourite character. He's just got such an unpredictable, feral energy, but you also get the sense that there's more going on (both good and bad) with him beneath the surface. I'd love to see how he'd interact with the Otaki crew.
Lee has been dishonest with Mei from early on, but admits it frequently. Lee gives Mei something to solve in episode 4 when she gets to Dubai, and Mei figures it out. Lee reveals that she already knew this, and it was a way of seeing if Mei was capable of keeping up with everything. With the help of Pelops 2 Mei is able to figure it out, and it’s why she trusts her and eventually decides on letting Mei into Ashihara’s special library.

It’s possible Lee is still being malicious, but I think you might have misunderstood “lying”.

Kai seemed to be working for Li, but we have no real confirmation. He seemingly shows up in episode 3 claiming to know her, but we really don’t know.

Also, what do you think Sato is looking for in the forwarding service?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 12, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Vandarker wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:37 pm In Episode 4, it is explained that the Archetype is capable of amplifying the energy it absorbs, defying the law of conservation of energy. I think Amphibia is doing exactly that, absorbing the energy from the surrounding environment with his "beam", amplifying the energy, and releasing the energy in the form of an even bigger explosion. So basically, if you bomb him, he returns it with an even stronger attack.

Perhaps Ultima's breath is an evolved version of this ability? He's able to naturally draw in energy from his surroundings, amp it up inside his body and release it in the form of a focused beam. That way, he doesn't need a nuclear reactor inside his body (unlike previous incarnations of Godzilla) and he'll be able to beam spam his enemies without fear of running low on energy.
This sounds like a plausible speculation.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:14 pm Also, what do you think Sato is looking for in the forwarding service?
To find out who is really behind Misakioku? I think he is guessing that Ashihara is still alive in somewhere and wants to find him.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Are we getting vinyls of Salunga or the spiders do we know?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 pm Are we getting vinyls of Salunga or the spiders do we know?
As of now: No. however, I predict there will be a “second wave” of Godzilla SP vinyl figures. Is Sarunga is really as important as people are predicting, it doesn’t make sense not to capitalize off of it and make a figure.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:44 pm
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 pm Are we getting vinyls of Salunga or the spiders do we know?
As of now: No. however, I predict there will be a “second wave” of Godzilla SP vinyl figures. Is Sarunga is really as important as people are predicting, it doesn’t make sense not to capitalize off of it and make a figure.
Indeed. They made sofubi for Aquatilis and Amphibia which appeared only briefly. It would be ridiculous if they don't release sofubi fro Sarunga. I was actually wondering why they haven't released a figure for Radon. It looks almost same as ordinary pterosaurs, so it would be very easy to make toys.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:44 pm
Indeed. They made sofubi for Aquatilis and Amphibia which appeared only briefly. It would be ridiculous if they don't release sofubi fro Sarunga. I was actually wondering why they haven't released a figure for Radon. It looks almost same as ordinary pterosaurs, so it would be very easy to make toys.
My guess is they are saving Rodan for wave 2. Just an idea:

-Rodan
-Sarunga
-Sarunga 2 (if there really is a second form)
-Jet Jaguar with Spear/Final
-Insect creatures
-Hedorah/whatever the blue thing is
-Rodan 2 (the black one we see in the trailer, which I’m convinced is not just one getting burnt).

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:30 pm The pseudo-science in this damn show is mind boggling. You’d need a PHD to understand what the skreeonk is going on without an English dub :lol:
They really had a science advisor so I dunno if pseudo science is the word.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

New stuff from the website.
Hi!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 am New stuff from the website.
I think I love Amphibia. Shame we've probably seen all we have of him. Sans the Godzilla spines, and lacking the bipedal legs, it's interesting how actually accurate that is to Varan's design. It's easy to forget but Varan does have big hands and feet.

Anyways:
海から上陸を果たした超巨大生物。南房総に伝わる伝承から「ゴジラ」と命名された。大量の紅塵を発生させ、気候にも影響が。

It just says it's from the ocean and made landfall. Because of some tradition from Minamiboso City, it's called Godzilla/Gojira. It releases a large amount of red dust, and can change the climate around it.

Also, now on the site, Jet Jaguar's first form (the one that fights Rodan is listed as:
Jet Jaguar Prototype

Now, Jet Jaguar with the spear is called, "Jet Jaguar Beta" or "Jet Jaguar β". So where Jet Jaguar Alpha at!?!
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu May 13, 2021 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:19 am
I think I love Amphibia. Shame we've probably seen all we have of him. Sans the Godzilla spines, and lacking the bipedal legs, it's interesting how actually accurate that is to Varan's design. It's easy to forget but Varan does have big hands and feet.

Anyways:
海から上陸を果たした超巨大生物。南房総に伝わる伝承から「ゴジラ」と命名された。大量の紅塵を発生させ、気候にも影響が。

It just says it's from the ocean and made landfall. Because of some tradition from Minamiboso City, it's called Godzilla/Gojira. It releases a large amount of red dust, and can change the climate around it.

Also, now on the site, Jet Jaguar's first form (the one that fights Rodan is listed as:
Jet Jaguar Prototype

Now, Jet Jaguar with the spear is called, "Jet Jaguar Beta" or "Jet Jaguar β". So where Jet Jaguar Alpha at!?!
Oh god, not only does Goji have forms and evolutions, but Jet Jaguar gets them too?! :lol:

Still, if there really is a “final form” to Jet, i’m banking on it being a huge mecha with upgraded arms that’s able to tussle with Godzilla
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

G.Amphibia looks great and I'm really digging Jet Jaguar's spear!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I love Jet Jaguar’s design so damn much. Instead of being a toku hero, he’s turned into a retro style Mecha to the likes of Tetsujin 28-Go/Gigantor and the Iron Giant all while still being badass. Can’t wait to see more of him in the last stretch of this series!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Theories on the next G form? Maybe it is Ultima and C is the Salunga /G hybrid. Or the next form does have Gorosaurus elements. What would you like to see? At least Gorosaurus's color and head shape...maybe Zilla's weird dorsal besides G's. It would be hilarious if there was a frill like Jirass

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I think Jet Jaguar can kinda predict the future. We see a decent amount of attention given to how he wins 10-0 in the game against the kids, and the focus they had on the anguirus spear potentially being able to predict the future kinda makes me thing that JJ is using it that when he plays with the kids.

edit: I'm an idiot and JJ literally explains how he won 10 seconds after I paused the video to write this post. just using observations abt their eyes and muscle movements.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Thu May 13, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiSquid wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 am I think Jet Jaguar can kinda predict the future. We see a decent amount of attention given to how he wins 10-0 in the game against the kids, and the focus they had on the anguirus spear potentially being able to predict the future kinda makes me thing that JJ is using it that when he plays with the kids.

edit: I'm an idiot and JJ literally explains how he won 10 seconds after I paused the video to write this post. just using observations abt their eyes and muscle movements.
The series does make an interesting distinction between "seeing the future" and "predicting" the future.

I thought about it a bunch and I think Angurius and the way Angurius "sees" the future is probably through some sort of "echolocation". Angurius's spines can create a light, or something, that pings the future with light. Don't get mad at me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming how that works. I can't wait to see some sort of post SP guide that shows everything off.

Added in 9 minutes 39 seconds:
imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:25 am Theories on the next G form? Maybe it is Ultima and C is the Salunga /G hybrid. Or the next form does have Gorosaurus elements. What would you like to see? At least Gorosaurus's color and head shape...maybe Zilla's weird dorsal besides G's. It would be hilarious if there was a frill like Jirass
Seems very like it's going to be a Gorosaurus homage. The one thing Godzilla is missing, is strong legs. I'd agree with Zilla, but he already sort of appears in episode 6 (well Godzilla 1998 plush), so it would be a bit strange. The music video briefly shows off what the design looks like, although it's a bit strange. I doubt Sarunga will fuse with Godzilla, but that still is always a possibility.

I feel like episode 9 will focus on Godzilla Gorosaurus "hatching" next episode in the opening stinger, and maybe have him rampage or fight the Manda in the episode, while Jet Jaguar and Ootaki crew fight the insect creatures. I also suspect that probably the insects will be a one and done thing, and structurally are also there to keep Ootaki crew from Tokyo narratively, so they don't get their ass blasted by Godzilla Ultima. It's also entirely possible we will get Godzilla Ultima at the end of episode 9.

Maybe we'll get a few things with Mei and Sato, but I doubt it'll be as expository as before. Hopefully some stuff with Sarunga too. I've noticed a very straight upwards trend of both action and monsters in the series. It may seem brief, but raw action scenes take up far less time than lengthy dialogue. If my prediction was correct in that we'll get more monster action towards the end of the series, we're in for a treat.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.