Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
phillipw1954
Samurai

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12

Post by phillipw1954 »

Ultramorph wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:47 pm
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:23 pm So have we gotten that shot of Godzilla facing the JSDF attack heli yet? No, right?
Not yet. It’s interesting that in that shot there’s significantly less red dust. I wonder if that’s after they deploy the OD, or if Godzilla knows they’re up to and purposely thins out the cloud so they can’t hurt him.
If we haven't seen that shot yet then I suppose that confirms that Godzilla may not get a new form. Either that, or he'll get a form later in the episode (if he gets one at all)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Could just be bigger and with a stronger beam. One thing that occurred to me that's wild is that the mask on Ashihara's wall might just be Godzilla. Still, what is up with that. We deserve an explanation.

There's also that weird pattern that Pelops 2 looks at. Not the swirling eyes, but this image that looks suspiciously like an abstract angel from Evangelion.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Episode 12 was excellent and really has me waiting to see what 13 will have. I love the foreboding sense of catastrophe the whole episode has had. There definitely needs to be another season after this because there is just no way they can close this story arc in a satisfying way with just one more episode left.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I get a feeling that the most satisfying way to end SP is a cliffhanger that tees into season 2. that way the season 1 finale doesn't have to cram in too much stuff to please the fans and tie together all the narrative threads, while also giving the show the opportunity to fully explore interesting narrative plot threads (Ashihara and Li returning), more character dynamics (Yun and Mei obviously, but I'd kill to see BB and Goro in the same room), and have more cool moments (Godzilla vs Salunga, justice for Anguirus, and JJ using archetype to grow, perhaps) in Season 2.

Also, given that the calculator seems to think that the catastrophe will occur in the next few hours from the events at SHIVA in ep 12, which seems to coincide with the timeframe in which Yun will get the last bit of the message from Mei, I wouldn't be surprised is that information inadvertantly brings about the catastrophe, giving us a good cliffhanger for season 2.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiSquid wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:46 pm I get a feeling that the most satisfying way to end SP is a cliffhanger that tees into season 2. that way the season 1 finale doesn't have to cram in too much stuff to please the fans and tie together all the narrative threads, while also giving the show the opportunity to fully explore interesting narrative plot threads (Ashihara and Li returning), more character dynamics (Yun and Mei obviously, but I'd kill to see BB and Goro in the same room), and have more cool moments (Godzilla vs Salunga, justice for Anguirus, and JJ using archetype to grow, perhaps) in Season 2.

Also, given that the calculator seems to think that the catastrophe will occur in the next few hours from the events at SHIVA in ep 12, which seems to coincide with the timeframe in which Yun will get the last bit of the message from Mei, I wouldn't be surprised is that information inadvertantly brings about the catastrophe, giving us a good cliffhanger for season 2.
Li was confirmed to be dead, funeral and everything. Yeah, it is interesting to note that Mei and Yun haven't met yet, and there's a lot of characters that haven't met or interacted. I do think there's a lot of potential. I just hope that if there is a season 2, season one ends on a climactic note, and not one that feels like they're saving or building up towards something. Have some proper Godzilla action and fun.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

If there is a season 2, I have a feeling it would be focused on the skeleton and what exactly is up with it. Mainly because unless this final episode is actually longer than the typical 20 minutes, I don’t see them being able to fit the final confrontation with Ultima, Salunga’s attack on SHIVA, and a satisfactory backstory for the skeleton all into it. And given how they took the skull away to apparently sell it to the highest bidder, that makes solving that whole subplot even trickier in one episode.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

the future branching stuff is getting really confusing now

I am also starting to think that the final episode will either be a cliffhanger leading into season 2, or will be longer than 20 minutes
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I hope it’s a longer episode to cap it off.

At the very least, it has to include the big fight against Godzilla, the Salunga attack, wrap up the plot from this season, and then maybe a stinger for the skeleton to show there’s still more to be discovered. That way it leaves the door open for more but still concludes the arc we’ve been following. Hope it can manage all of that, or exceed expectations.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Oh jeez we still need that giant Rodan explained lmao.
There's so many points that haven't even been touched upon lol

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

​If Mothra appears it will be a reference to the "butterfly effect" probably. Especially with time travel elements. Anyone else read "A sound of Thunder"?

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

could the Rodan swarm moving to California indicate that the skeleton is located there? And that journalist guy is following Tilda's plan to spread the red dust across the entire planet?

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

What do you think the final form of Godzilla look like ? Would it be Godzilla Ultima grows to over 100 meters tall, or it would have a different appearance ?

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 pm What do you think the final form of Godzilla look like ? Would it be Godzilla Ultima grows to over 100 meters tall, or it would have a different appearance ?
Maybe something like this gemstone contest Godzilla.

But the trailers had a shot of helicopters fighting Godzilla, and we haven't seen it yet. Perhaps Godzilla will simply only grow.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

They'll just increase the size of Godzilla's legs. :lol:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Eel221 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:23 pm
BennettCommando wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 pm What do you think the final form of Godzilla look like ? Would it be Godzilla Ultima grows to over 100 meters tall, or it would have a different appearance ?

But the trailers had a shot of helicopters fighting Godzilla, and we haven't seen it yet. Perhaps Godzilla will simply only grow.
talking about this shot?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 pm

talking about this shot?
It's such a strange shot because why isn't the yellow building next to Godzilla, either destroyed, submerged or covered in red plant dust?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 pm

talking about this shot?
It's such a strange shot because why isn't the yellow building next to Godzilla, either destroyed, submerged or covered in red plant dust?
Yeah good question, why isn’t it? Maybe they use the oxygen destroyer on Godzilla and they turn all the red dust into crystals, but Godzilla wasn’t affected by it

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 10)

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 am
2. Godzilla Ultima is confirmed to be at least 100 m tall. However, Godzilla actually doesn't appear in the episode. I predict some people will be upset by this. However, we may get yet another form, or at least a super upgraded final version.
It sounded like they were referencing the storm, they say it's "A hundred meters over Godzilla."
Plus in this shot that would appear to be in the next episode, he looks to be just about the same height he was previously.

Either that, or the Rodan's all got bigger
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 10)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 am
2. Godzilla Ultima is confirmed to be at least 100 m tall. However, Godzilla actually doesn't appear in the episode. I predict some people will be upset by this. However, we may get yet another form, or at least a super upgraded final version.
It sounded like they were referencing the storm, they say it's "A hundred meters over Godzilla."
Plus in this shot that would appear to be in the next episode, he looks to be just about the same height he was previously.

Either that, or the Rodan's all got bigger
I'd agree with you if the official site at one point didn't list Godzilla's site as 50m to ???. I might be wrong or misremembering, but I recall that. In any case yeah looking at it now it's discussing the red dust storm. Still strange.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 pm Maybe they use the oxygen destroyer on Godzilla and they turn all the red dust into crystals, but Godzilla wasn’t affected by it
Orthogonal Diagonalizer
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!