Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
That little.. thing in Mechagodzilla's throat. Guarantee that's gonna be his beam.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Can somebody describe the Meganulon in the episode? Was it redesigned or reused older incarnations ?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12

Post by Jermobooka »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:39 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Wow. He really does look a ton like Showa. From what we see I’m really liking the design!

I wonder if this MG will be the JJ equivalent for Season 2
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:44 am Can somebody describe the Meganulon in the episode? Was it redesigned or reused older incarnations ?
Showa Incarnation:
Spoiler:
They live on Godzilla's back which is a bit strange, but hey.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 am
BennettCommando wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:44 am Can somebody describe the Meganulon in the episode? Was it redesigned or reused older incarnations ?
Showa Incarnation:
Spoiler:
I think they're supposed to be parasites or something.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:48 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 am
Showa Incarnation:
Spoiler:
I think they're supposed to be parasites or something.
Yeah, like Shokirus. It's a bit confusing because it makes me wonder if they're supposed to be related to the Kumonga at all.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So what's up with Salunga here? I know he attacks more stuff but is he ever actually stopped or is that just gonna be something else coming in Season 2?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Post by JNewbold54 »

Ok, quick spoiler question:
Spoiler:
When Jet Jaguar gets destroyed, is it just the physical body, or does Jet Jaguar's AI get destroyed too?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Sarunga is DEFINITELY not Gabara:
Spoiler:
Sarunga was awesome in this episode, but it feels so weird that he didn't fight any other monsters. He puts in work and "fights" the Shiva computer (really just tears it apart) and it's satisfying but also strange that it has such great animation. Sarunga is still a total enigma. I have a feeling this won't be the last of him.

Added in 1 minute 56 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 am So what's up with Salunga here? I know he attacks more stuff but is he ever actually stopped or is that just gonna be something else coming in Season 2?
He attacks Shiva, and is right after the computer. Strangely, BB sort of refers to him as the disaster/catastrophe. He succeeds but is frozen by the OD.

It's strange to give him some new powers but then not doo much with it.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

I find it kind of strange that Salunga not only looks like Gabara but also has Gabara's electrical abilities, but they say he was never meant to be Gabara. It feels kind of weird but at least it looks pretty cool.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:53 am Sarunga is DEFINITELY not Gabara:
Spoiler:
Sarunga was awesome in this episode, but it feels so weird that he didn't fight any other monsters. He puts in work and "fights" the Shiva computer (really just tears it apart) and it's satisfying but also strange that it has such great animation. Sarunga is still a total enigma. I have a feeling this won't be the last of him.
huh, it's always kinda interesting to see when bones does 2d animation of the kaiju. the first time was a back shot of that one rodan that grew in the scene with Li's death, and now this. Stylistically it looks very good, but I get so used to the 3d style of the kaiju that the 2d feels kinda jarring when we do see it.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

It's a trivial thing, but there's a shot of Ultima firing his beam into the sky, which I guess is a Monsterverse homage.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:59 am It's a trivial thing, but there's a shot of Ultima firing his beam into the sky, which I guess is a Monsterverse homage.
There's also a 1998 reference, although maybe it's just a coincidence. When some of the Rodan fly through a building it feels like a visual reference to that building that had a hole in in it in 1998.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am wonder if this MG will be the JJ equivalent for Season 2.
I doubt it, but easily the antagonist. It's also possible that the skeleton will regenerate or something. Who knows.

Also I noticed they didn't actually show Godzilla trapped or frozen. The ending is a bit ambiguous besides "we stopped Godzilla".

Episode 13 ends with something very cryptic, discussing how the end is the beginning or the start. I honestly don’t really understand all the logic behind Pelops 2 and JJ having a baby and that baby somehow knowing the answers to the solution. It’s the preformation theory that’s listed, but it’s still confusing. In any case, I feel like there’s some vital info in episode 13 that will change a majority of stuff in the series.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

I think Salunga works better in 2d animation. He's different from the other kaiju in the series; he's a monkey-like kaiju, so his movements are very fluid and agile, and his expressions are very animated. We actually see him snarling and baring his fangs in anger in this episode. The 3d model makes him look stiff and less animated.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 am
Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:59 am It's a trivial thing, but there's a shot of Ultima firing his beam into the sky, which I guess is a Monsterverse homage.
There's also a 1998 reference, although maybe it's just a coincidence. When some of the Rodan fly through a building it feels like a visual reference to that building that had a hole in in it in 1998.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am wonder if this MG will be the JJ equivalent for Season 2.
I doubt it, but easily the antagonist. It's also possible that the skeleton will regenerate or something. Who knows.

Also I noticed they didn't actually show Godzilla trapped or frozen. The ending is a bit ambiguous besides "we stopped Godzilla".

Episode 13 ends with something very cryptic, discussing how the end is the beginning or the start. I honestly don’t really understand all the logic behind Pelops 2 and JJ having a baby and that baby somehow knowing the answers to the solution. It’s the preformation theory that’s listed, but it’s still confusing. In any case, I feel like there’s some vital info in episode 13 that will change a majority of stuff in the series.
Wait?! An AI child?!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by NSZ »

[reads over everything]

I think this meme is more than appropriate:

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Question.

Does JJ’s spear grow along with him? Or does he engage in some fisticuffs with Goji?
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:55 am Question.

Does JJ’s spear grow along with him? Or does he engage in some fisticuffs with Goji?
Fists only.

Should have seen the MechaGodzilla the moment they took away the skeleton from the facility.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I can't believe Haberu is canonically as strong as the jet engines on JJ's helicopter attachment.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

I just finished the episode.... I am truly speechless