Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 10)

Post by NSZ »

phillipw1954 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:02 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 am
BennettCommando wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:24 am Some plot points I saw on Twitter:

1.Sarnga/Salunga survived.

2.Godzilla Ultima being 100m tall.

3.Mothra-like moth appears.
!. Sarunga was only held in place, and it actually seems like Sarunga might be the catastrophe. Godzilla might be a red herring. Saruga is given a lot of development actually.
2. Godzilla Ultima is confirmed to be at least 100 m tall. However, Godzilla actually doesn't appear in the episode. I predict some people will be upset by this. However, we may get yet another form, or at least a super upgraded final version.
3. Yeah, butterflies/moths. A swarm of them. They're beautiful.

Also, possibly biollante. I don't think Biollante will actually appear, but a plant like growth is mentioned in the episode the tlooks like Godzilla's spines.
I'm starting to think that this could be a seasonal show, but I don't know yet. I could see this ending with defeating Godzilla or something, but other monsters appearing.
Jet Jaguar will have a final flying form. He has a sort of helicopter pack.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:32 am

I got the feeling that they're holding off too much.
Yeah, and I don't know why. I'm worried. It feels like they've introduced so many great ideas, but won't do much with some of them. There's also so much that is unexplained. I think a season 2 is a possibility. We'll see.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12
I'll say this though, the ending part of the episode, with the music and red dust, is so beautiful and gave me chills.
I know this is a tired theory, but that leak is turning out to be more and more plausible in my eyes. I haven't seen the latest episode but from what your saying I'm starting to think that...
- Godzilla TOTALLY could come back in a new form as this show is not one for elaborate transformation scenes (or any for that matter) and part of the leak was that non of the marketing has shown this form yet (which has been true assuming there is a new form.,
- Salunga could TOTALLY become the main villian of the show on a dime and could assume a new form to fight Godzilla. In fact we MIGHT HAVE had it teased with the mask with the dorsal-fin frill with Salunga colouration.
- Rodan, Anguirus, Salunga/Gabara and Manda being the only monsters originating from Earth could be possible as we don't exactly know where Archetype comes from (assuming they come from it). We got the whole jellyfish-that-runs-on-archetype bit, which could point to it being from Earth and found in the deep ocean, which honestly reminds me of Cloverfield and the whole sea-sludge thing or whatever it was hidden within the marketing of that film.
- Kumonga and co. being man-made kaiju created by the Archetype collected from Salunga may be possible with a quick reveal. The "Hedorah" creatures being a pilot for them may also be true in some fashion, but so far they just seem to be the kaiju's blood (but at first glance someone could probably assume that they piloted the creatures as they seem like different kaiju)

The only part of the leak that seems super fake to me is the whole "The separate cameos and easter eggs in the series aren't just for the show" bit. That seems like too much of a tease for me. But, if the new episode possibly, kinda, sorta, hints at Biollante then MAAAAABBEEYY something could come from that but on a small scale. I doubt we're gonna get Mecha-G or King Caesar or Burning Godzilla lol.

The leak also got that "Varan is another form of Godzilla" right. Also, the whole "Godzilla bones in the basement from Episode 1 are apparently an alien lifeform not from this world" bit could still potentially be reveled somehow...

Once again I have not seen ep 12 yet...
Once again, that "leak" was posted on April 18th. The show was already in swing by then.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

So what exactly happened?

phillipw1954
Samurai

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 10)

Post by phillipw1954 »

NSZ wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:13 am
phillipw1954 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:02 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 am

!. Sarunga was only held in place, and it actually seems like Sarunga might be the catastrophe. Godzilla might be a red herring. Saruga is given a lot of development actually.
2. Godzilla Ultima is confirmed to be at least 100 m tall. However, Godzilla actually doesn't appear in the episode. I predict some people will be upset by this. However, we may get yet another form, or at least a super upgraded final version.
3. Yeah, butterflies/moths. A swarm of them. They're beautiful.

Also, possibly biollante. I don't think Biollante will actually appear, but a plant like growth is mentioned in the episode the tlooks like Godzilla's spines.
I'm starting to think that this could be a seasonal show, but I don't know yet. I could see this ending with defeating Godzilla or something, but other monsters appearing.
Jet Jaguar will have a final flying form. He has a sort of helicopter pack.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:

Yeah, and I don't know why. I'm worried. It feels like they've introduced so many great ideas, but won't do much with some of them. There's also so much that is unexplained. I think a season 2 is a possibility. We'll see.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
I'll say this though, the ending part of the episode, with the music and red dust, is so beautiful and gave me chills.
I know this is a tired theory, but that leak is turning out to be more and more plausible in my eyes. I haven't seen the latest episode but from what your saying I'm starting to think that...
- Godzilla TOTALLY could come back in a new form as this show is not one for elaborate transformation scenes (or any for that matter) and part of the leak was that non of the marketing has shown this form yet (which has been true assuming there is a new form.,
- Salunga could TOTALLY become the main villian of the show on a dime and could assume a new form to fight Godzilla. In fact we MIGHT HAVE had it teased with the mask with the dorsal-fin frill with Salunga colouration.
- Rodan, Anguirus, Salunga/Gabara and Manda being the only monsters originating from Earth could be possible as we don't exactly know where Archetype comes from (assuming they come from it). We got the whole jellyfish-that-runs-on-archetype bit, which could point to it being from Earth and found in the deep ocean, which honestly reminds me of Cloverfield and the whole sea-sludge thing or whatever it was hidden within the marketing of that film.
- Kumonga and co. being man-made kaiju created by the Archetype collected from Salunga may be possible with a quick reveal. The "Hedorah" creatures being a pilot for them may also be true in some fashion, but so far they just seem to be the kaiju's blood (but at first glance someone could probably assume that they piloted the creatures as they seem like different kaiju)

The only part of the leak that seems super fake to me is the whole "The separate cameos and easter eggs in the series aren't just for the show" bit. That seems like too much of a tease for me. But, if the new episode possibly, kinda, sorta, hints at Biollante then MAAAAABBEEYY something could come from that but on a small scale. I doubt we're gonna get Mecha-G or King Caesar or Burning Godzilla lol.

The leak also got that "Varan is another form of Godzilla" right. Also, the whole "Godzilla bones in the basement from Episode 1 are apparently an alien lifeform not from this world" bit could still potentially be reveled somehow...

Once again I have not seen ep 12 yet...
Once again, that "leak" was posted on April 18th. The show was already in swing by then.
True, but it still covers certain things that haven't been revealed such as Godzilla's potential true final form or Salunga's purpose. If the leak dropped on the 18th, then the show had only aired like 3 episodes. Nothing really happened within those 3 episodes.
Last edited by phillipw1954 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I love how BB, when confronted with the possibility that he could fail and accidentially destroy the world, basically just says "bet" while wolfing down 30-year-stale goldfish.

edit: finished watching the episode, and while I think that the next episode will be more action-oriented, I doubt that it will be the all-out kaiju mosh pit that some people are hoping for. while it's still possible that other kaiju will start fighting godzilla, it seems that the primary attention of the finale is going to be JJ and the Otaki crew trying to climb godzilla, while Mei fights with SHIVA to get the code and Salunga gets closer to the base. Also, given the plot threads regarding Kai, Steven, and the Seleton that still need to be resolved, I suspect that the finale will end on a cliffhange setting up the next season.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Just watched the episode. I'm not even mad that Godzilla doesn't show up lol. I'm so pumped for the finale. That orchestral rendition of the song that's so significant to the plot just pumped me up lol.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

phillipw1954 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:21 am Just watched the episode. I'm not even mad that Godzilla doesn't show up lol. I'm so pumped for the finale. That orchestral rendition of the song that's so significant to the plot just pumped me up lol.
I’m betting we’ll get a Part 2.

Most anime seem to have 26-episode seasons, right?

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

So what was said about Salunga?

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

We see him escape and it’s said he’s headed toward SHIVA.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Godzilla apparently grew to 100 meters tall?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Waiting for translation for the episode but did see the ending scene, with imagery and the music on top, this is first time Godzilla actually had a hauntingly apocalyptic feel to him for me. This show may have some problems between people but the one thing does it deliver is making Godzilla/the monsters feel like an actual catastrophe happening.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

Apparently. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in a new form when we next see him. They used the 54 roar at the end.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

What if Mothra warps G to Salunga and the Ootaki Crew to fight Salunga?

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:03 am Godzilla apparently grew to 100 meters tall?
Over that actually, and he’s still technically growing.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

It would be hilarious if we got a reference to Super Godzilla.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Really good episode. Kind of upset we didn't get to see Godzilla much throughout the series, hoping they reconcile that soon. Also hoping we get a Season 2 because I cannot see them wrapping this up in the next episode.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

So have we gotten that shot of Godzilla facing the JSDF attack heli yet? No, right?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:23 pm So have we gotten that shot of Godzilla facing the JSDF attack heli yet? No, right?
Not yet. It’s interesting that in that shot there’s significantly less red dust. I wonder if that’s after they deploy the OD, or if Godzilla knows they’re up to and purposely thins out the cloud so they can’t hurt him.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

There is also the two shots of Godzilla with the different looking atomic breath from the trailers.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I do wonder what will happen with Sarunga. Sarunga is going to attack Shiva, but how on earth are they going to defend against it? They have the OD, and probably some defenses (would be cool to see some surprise lasers pop/cannons pop out of the fortress, but we'll see. But, it seems like Sarunga will just steam roll the place. Third time the charm? It's interesting to see that both Sarunga and Godzilla will presumably have the OD used on them in the next episode.

I think it's just as likely that Godzilla is not the Catastrophe, but Sarunga getting hit by the OD and transforming; growing bigger. If not, and Sarunga doesn't do much, I'll be a bit disappointed. It's gotten substantial development.

I'm curious how Jet Jaguar is going to "fight Godzilla". JJ is considerably smaller than Godzilla, especially after the size boost. I have a slight inclination it'll be the JDSF, and other monsters fighting Godzilla (Rodan!), while Jet Jaguar looks for an opening and dodges Godzilla's beam. I'm not going to expect a big monster mash, but I mean, another Manda was still confirmed to be living after Godzilla killed that other one, and then there's still the Rodan carcass. While I normally wouldn't criticize a series for not having what I specifically want as a fan and a show should not explicitly just cater to fans, I think it's fair to criticize it a little bit considering how much has been built up. Like yeah, if the show is going to say the Rodan carcass isn't there, and show us a Manda after another gets killed, it's not unreasonable to be upset or disappointed if nothing happens.

Also, are we sure the final episode is 20 mins long? What if episode 13 is like 40 mins instead? I'll check this weekend if there's any TV listing for next week that clarifies.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

This last episode is going to be intense based on 12's setup. Worried about Pero 2. And legitimate chills during the scene where the song is playing in silence, then joined by the chorus. When the OST is available I will dig into it for hours on end, I've been enjoying what it does.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image