Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
phillipw1954
Samurai

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12

Post by phillipw1954 »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:21 am Wow that finale was just... Jet Jaguar is the true protagonist of this story.
Awe now your getting my hyyypppeddd lol! I probably wont get to watch it for another hour

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Season2 confirmed. Ashihara is alive, and he's building Mechagodzilla.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Oh my god, that was awesome.

MECHAGODZILLA

Added in 2 minutes 52 seconds:
Re: Godilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD
Fantastic ending to season one. Ultimately, I feel very satisfied and I'm okay with some stuff being under developed because it's clear it's part of a larger story.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:25 am Oh my god, that was awesome.

MECHAGODZILLA

Fantastic ending to season one. Ultimately, I feel very satisfied and I'm okay with some stuff being under developed because it's clear it's part of a larger story.

Was it a cliffhanger ending? How did they solve the catastrophe? Did Godzilla killed by JJ?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

The Ultraman-style fight between Ultima and giant Jet Jaguar was pretty dope, even if it was a bit short

And we have the return of SHOWA MECHAGODZILLA

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Avenge Jet.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:27 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:25 am Oh my god, that was awesome.

MECHAGODZILLA

Was it a cliffhanger ending? How did they solve the catastrophe? Did Godzilla killed by JJ?
JJ loses the fight but he self-destructs, getting rid of Ultima and solving the crisis (as of now)

but after the ending credits, Mechagodzilla is shown being built in some kind of hangar with the shady-looking British politician looking over it, and Ashihara, who was apparently alive all along, observes the process.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Denis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 am What happens in Episode 13?
Yun and Ootaki Crew are chased by the Rodans towards Godzilla. After a really cool lift off, Jet Jaguar are airborne and attacked by more Rodan. Rodan attack, and Godzilla wipes the floor with them. Yun land on Godzilla, who is now definitely 100 meters. On Godzilla, Meganulon attack! Jet Jaguar saves Yun.

Meanwhile Sarunga attacks Shiva. Sarunga now has electrical powers. Pelops 2 does some stuff and it's hard to explain. Long story short, Jet Jaguar gets big, and fights Godzilla. It's short but very satisfying. Godzilla and Jet Jaguar explode with crystals, the OD being complete.

The episode ends with everyone happy. However, Kai, Steven, and Ashihara are working with what looks to be aliens, using the skeleton to make MG.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Oh and about Mechagodzilla: It looks very Showa, but it's built over a Godzilla skeleton (presumably the one from the basement) like Kiryu

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 am
Yun and Ootaki Crew are chased by the Rodans towards Godzilla. After a really cool lift off, Jet Jaguar are airborne and attacked by more Rodan. Rodan attack, and Godzilla wipes the floor with them. Yun land on Godzilla, who is now definitely 100 meters. On Godzilla, Meganulon attack! Jet Jaguar saves Yun.

Meanwhile Sarunga attacks Shiva. Sarunga now has electrical powers. Pelops 2 does some stuff and it's hard to explain. Long story short, Jet Jaguar gets big, and fights Godzilla. It's short but very satisfying. Godzilla and Jet Jaguar explode with crystals, the OD being complete.

The episode ends with everyone happy. However, Kai, Steven, and Ashihara are working with what looks to be aliens, using the skeleton to make MG.
Wow. So damn hyped to see the episode for myself! Sounds incredibly badass!

Also, is it hinted that MG is being built or do we see it being halfway built?
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:32 am Oh and about Mechagodzilla: It looks very Showa, but it's built over a Godzilla skeleton (presumably the one from the basement) like Kiryu
There's a technician wearing a Mysterians uniform, but that might just be an Easter egg.

Anyways, episode 13 and season 1 as a whole is very satisfying. While I would've loved more Godzilla, it works well as a JJ story, and firmly establishes the world and setting. Unresolved things like the big Rodan, Adult Angurius and maybe even Manda will probably be addressed later.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Salunga doesn't play a big role, but he destroys Shiva and initiates the crisis. We get some nice 2D shots of him when he destroys the facility.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

There you go. Plenty of monster rampage scenes.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:34 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 am

We see it being halfway built.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So i'm gonna assume Season 2 is eventually gonna be a thing? That Mechagodzilla cliffhanger sounds WAY too much like buildup for it not to.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:34 am

Spoil this for anyone on the site and it's an automatic one week ban:
Spoiler:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:38 am So i'm gonna assume Season 2 is eventually gonna be a thing? That Mechagodzilla cliffhanger sounds WAY too much like buildup for it not to.
Yeah I'd say it's pretty much confirmed at this point.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

yo that's metal as fuck (quite literally)

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

>Mechagodzilla AGAIN
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:38 am So i'm gonna assume Season 2 is eventually gonna be a thing? That Mechagodzilla cliffhanger sounds WAY too much like buildup for it not to.
100% a thing. Too many unresolved plot points, and a big tease like that. I'm not sure how to handle the "season 2 thread". I think those that know here, should politely not engage with that thread. I won't stop you, but this cliff hanger is a big one.