Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 pm Since the dub's out, do the pterosaurs retain their Japanese name like in GvMG2 or are they Rodan?
I've skimmed around sections of the dub and hear Rodan be pronounced correctly.
Although Salunga is "Shalunga" and Anguirus is "Arneguirus"
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I am...dissapointed that such a science-focused show seems to be implying all the Kumonga are different species. Castes are not generally different species.

Unless this is like something weird like harvester ant hybrid thing
Unusual Reproductive Behavior Of Odd Ants Surprises Scientists
Date:January 26, 2005
"It seems that the queens in these colonies mate with males from two different genetic lineages. And when a queen and male with the same lineage usually mated, it usually produced a reproductive female – another queen. But when a queen and male from different genetic lineages mated, that pairing overwhelmingly produced a sterile worker.)
Add in some polyploidy individuals and things could get really weird.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I have a weird feeling Yun is Ashihara

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:19 am I'd love for the Kumonga bugs to come back or at least be addressed since they're a major threat of seemingly invincible bugs that are mass propagating. It's a fairly big thing that it feels like the show has forgotten - no one has acknowledged their existence past episode 9. I'd be interested in a second season purely so that we could maybe expand on this and other things that have kind of just been hand-waved away (like maybe Yun's ear damage?)
My major complaint is how seemingly important things appear to be dropping out of focus on a whim due to admittedly bad arrangement. The ambiguity surrounding the Li scene is the prime example (my girlfriend was very confused by the flashback in episode 10 and also thought she lived). The bugs might be part of that. If there's a season 2, then it's fine if the bugs come back, but as it now stands there's a good chance they'll be largely forgotten.

Their "arc" still works because it showcases Ootaki crew being heroic, and it's another example of that eventually leads the gov to trusting Ootaki crew and asking them to help with Godzilla in desperation. Additionally, we see more of JJ and how he's getting stronger, which is awesome. The bugs themselves seem really unclear. I could very easily just see a swarm briefly attacking Godzilla in episode 13 though, and that being it.

I'll also say the scenes with Godzilla work better in the moment, if you watch the series all at once. With the Rodan and Manda scenes vs Godzilla (even if they aren't fleshed out) you really get the sense that these monsters are fighting in the red mist and it's awesome. I just hope we get more of it, and that maybe a monster like Sarunga or an upgraded Rodan isn't such a pushover.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Oh yeah, I can't wait to rewatch the whole series sometime after episode 13 is out. I do think you're probably right about the Godzilla scenes working better in a longer sitting.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Speaking of the Godzilla vs. Manda scene, I don't think anyone's commented on how Manda's presence made the red dust around them start to condense and fall as rain. Kinda interesting to think that different kaiju manifest their archetype/dimension in different ways (perhaps the different stages of archetype?).

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Not many things can make me shed a tear.... but damn I'll be sad if Jet Jaguar ends up sacrificing himself to defeat Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

I hope episode 13 could be an hour special.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiSquid wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:18 am Speaking of the Godzilla vs. Manda scene, I don't think anyone's commented on how Manda's presence made the red dust around them start to condense and fall as rain. Kinda interesting to think that different kaiju manifest their archetype/dimension in different ways (perhaps the different stages of archetype?).
Was that confirmed in the episode at all? Or just sort of there in the episode? Really cool either way.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

Do we actually think Ultima will gain a new appearance sometime in ep13 or is the current consensus that it's just a size upgrade?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Voddak wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:56 am Do we actually think Ultima will gain a new appearance sometime in ep13 or is the current consensus that it's just a size upgrade?
I think it the design is the same but he bigger, due to a screenshot of a we haven’t seen yet in the show of a helicopter fighting Godzilla, his design didn’t change seems like he’s a bigger, with a lot less red dust, I think I can predict this by JJ PPP end up detonating the bomb but it fail to kill Godzilla

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

I’m leaning toward size upgrade because there’s still shots from the trailers of Ultima that we haven’t seen yet. But I expect a Shin-style ending where another form is hinted at.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

Ultramorph wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am I’m leaning toward size upgrade because there’s still shots from the trailers of Ultima that we haven’t seen yet. But I expect a Shin-style ending where another form is hinted at.
Kind of where I'm at too.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Voddak wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 am
Ultramorph wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am I’m leaning toward size upgrade because there’s still shots from the trailers of Ultima that we haven’t seen yet. But I expect a Shin-style ending where another form is hinted at.
That might be a possibility too, I have a feeling their not going to kill Godzilla off, just defeat him.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Denis wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:07 pm
Voddak wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 am
That might be a possibility too, I have a feeling their not going to kill Godzilla off, just defeat him.
I'm at that point too. I mean, they didn't even really introduce Godzilla until the last three episodes unless we count the previous forms. But even if we do, we hadn't gotten some classic Godzilla action until Terrestris.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

So apparently this scene was created for the trailer exclusively and likely not included in the actual show, which is probably why the atomic breath looks different.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:29 pm So apparently this scene was created for the trailer exclusively and likely not included in the actual show, which is probably why the atomic breath looks different.
Aww, darn.

Ah well, still a great scene.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:29 pm Image
So apparently this scene was created for the trailer exclusively and likely not included in the actual show, which is probably why the atomic breath looks different.
Huh. I wonder if that helicopter scene is as well since there's way too little red dust.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:29 pm Image
"citation needed"
then again wouldn't surprise me
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

I'll be a little bit disappointed if that's the case lol. Really liked the look of that breath.