Music Composers in the Reiwa era

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Music Composers in the Reiwa era

Post by LegendZilla »

Hi folks, LegendZilla here once again. Today, I will like to discuss which music composers should score Godzilla films in the foreseeable future once Toho continues making them. It would be awesome to see Michiru Oshima come back, as I personally consider her Godzilla theme to be the successor to Ifukube's iconic melodies for the character.

Another composer of which I think it long overdue for the chance to score a Godzilla film is Tekkaman Blade and Inuyasha composer Kaoru Wada. I think it's surprising that he's never gotten around for such a job, since he was an apprentice of Akira Ifukube himself. What composers would you like to see? If you name one, explain why think they'd be fit for scoring a Godzilla film.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Re: Music Composers in the Reiwa era

Post by G-Matt »

Kaoru Wada would be a good choice indeed, as he's already had experience with the franchise. He was the arranger/conductor of the G54 score re-recording which was done a few years ago, so he's able to at least adapt Ifukube's themes in a good way. I think he also handled the Ifukube portions in the Shin Godzilla vs. Evangelion Symphony concert.

I would also like to see Oshima return. She obviously has great respect for Godzilla, and the new "Godzilla in Chicago" piece she composed for the Kaiju Crescendo concert at G-Fest 2019 proves that she's still able to create amazing original music for the character.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shiro Sagisu or Kow Otani get another crack at a Godzilla movie, either.

As far as newcomers to the franchise are considered, I'd love it if either Tatsumi Yano or Toshihiko Sahashi were given the opportunity to score a Godzilla movie. Both of them have made great contributions to the Ultraman series, so I think they would be right at home with Godzilla as well.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Ko Omani returning would be ridiculous; a dream come true indeed. Looking for memorable themes and im sure he would deliver.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

G-Matt wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 pm
As far as newcomers to the franchise are considered, I'd love it if either Tatsumi Yano or Toshihiko Sahashi were given the opportunity to score a Godzilla movie. Both of them have made great contributions to the Ultraman series, so I think they would be right at home with Godzilla as well.
I looked up Tatsumi Yano and I saw that he scored three Super Sentai series in the 80's being Bioman, Changeman and Liveman. He also scored City Hunter. Which Ultraman shows did he score?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 am
I looked up Tatsumi Yano and I saw that he scored three Super Sentai series in the 80's being Bioman, Changeman and Liveman. He also scored City Hunter. Which Ultraman shows did he score?
Tiga, Dyna, and the second and third Cosmos movies.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

G-Matt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:25 am
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 am
Tiga, Dyna, and the second and third Cosmos movies.
Thanks for letting me know.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I desperately want Hiroyuki Sawano to score something Godzilla related.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 am I desperately want Hiroyuki Sawano to score something Godzilla related.
Leben, was ist das?
Hi!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gotschiller wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:31 am
DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 am I desperately want Hiroyuki Sawano to score something Godzilla related.
Leben, was ist das?
He scores the Attack on Titan anime.