Alien Invasions in the Reiwa era

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Alien Invasions in the Reiwa era

Post by LegendZilla »

Hello there once again folks. Any Godzilla fan should be familiar with the fact that extraterrestrial invasions are common place in Toho's Science-Fiction films. That makes me wonder if they will ever re-visit the idea in future films, whether it be in Godzilla or otherwise. How would you handle a film with an alien-invasion plot? For one thing, I think that the in-universe aftermath of such an event could lead to the military salvaging and reverse-engineering alien tech, leading to the creation of advanced weaponry such as maser canons. How's that for an idea?

Over and out.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Alien Invasions in the Reiwa era

Post by Vakanai »

It's inevitable. I'm not crazy about it at all, but it will happen - my hope is they veer away from the "aliens either look like human or can disguise themselves as humans" thing. Put something creatively interesting up there. Just don't have the aliens look human.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Would love a Godzilla film that's similar to Speilberg's War of the Worlds.

Focus on a set of humans during an invasion and evacuation. But replace the tripods with earth kaiju and various alien kaiju like King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, Orga, and Gigan fighting or attacking.

Imagine the boat scene from war of the worlds, but instead of the tripod popping out, it's just Godzilla rising up out of the water and attacking the ship with atomic breath. With the main characters barely escaping. Or remember the scene where Justin Chatwin got seperated from Tom Hanks and Dakota Fanning? Imagine if he ran into a fiery hill to help the military with Mechagodzilla attacking the military in the background.

I just want to see a large scale WAR between monsters. And a set of regular people going from place to place during evacuation barely surviving.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do you think that if they re-visited the alien invasion plot as in the Showa era and Final Wars, would it be interesting to include another Earthling/alien romance like in 1965?

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I really think less an "invasion" but an "infiltration" could be interesting. Them steering human organizations not for an overall evil plan but selfish purposes.I actually had an idea when younger of aliens using Earth for experiments with kaiju that were illegal on their homeworld or they just were doing on this backwater to keep secret from their enemies, to avoid the invasion cliche yet still have a mystery to be unraveled.