Will there ever be a live-action Godzilla series?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Will there ever be a live-action Godzilla series?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey guys, as we all know. Toho has found the willingness to let there be the first Godzilla TV series in many years, in the form of Singular Point. If it proves successful, what would prevent them from highlighting another in the foreseeable future? Since this upcoming series will be animated, that makes me wonder something : Will there ever be a live-action Godzilla TV series? It was only very recently that after several decades, Star Wars has finally made a live-action venture onto the small screen, that is in live-action form. Doing such has proven to be nothing short of phenomenal for the brand.

Do you think such an idea could be successful if pulled off properly? If you do, what could be done with it? How many monsters do you think could be featured?

I think it could benefit off of using most modern Ultraman shows as an example. That way, the art of suitmation could be preserved in TV format and I think it would be the best way to have an extended continuity of Godzilla.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Will there ever be a live-action Godzilla series?

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I'm more of a live-action type of guy, so I'm hoping we get a live-action Godzilla TV series, but I won't hold my breath for it. I'm just glad that we are getting a new Godzilla TV series at all.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

HBOMax plans on using movie budgets for all exclusive shows going forward, so it's a possibility.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I think Toho is gonna stick live action films and whatever tv series they do will continue to be animated.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I don't see Japan/Toho doing this. Hollywood and the MonsterVerse sure. Problem is financial. Godzilla has kind of become more of a big budget or premier star - they're not going to go back to Ultraman style cheap suitimation for a series, so to justify the costs of the special effects on the level of Shin they have to keep him to films for live action. A Toho live action series isn't likely.

Why does everything have to be some streaming series today? Are movies so terrible?
Last edited by Vakanai on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Given the recent news of Kong's anime series it looks like the more probable future for kaiju series are animation.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:01 pm Given the recent news of Kong's anime series it looks like the more probable future for kaiju series are animation.
I know there's Singular Point coming soon, but is it possible that there could be another Godzilla animated series that ties in in the Monsterverse?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

I would certainly like another Godzilla MC series. We can only hope at this point.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

An HBO series would be awesome.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:28 pm I would certainly like another Godzilla MC series. We can only hope at this point.
MC?

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Opps I meant to say "MV." My mistake.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

The Monsterverse have a lot potential for content so HBO Monarch tv series can actually work, but it have to be done right, a good example is game of thrones 1 to 6 season, where there no action on screen, there going be world building or good character development, there’s going to be a episode were there no action through out the whole episode ,having too much action can cost a lot of money, so there need to be good writing to catch your attention.