Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

Post by Pkmatrix »

Came across this tweet this morning, saying a new anime movie is upcoming titled Godzilla: Singular Point.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1313468128379113474

Immediately, this looks more like it! When they announced the anime trilogy a few years back something like THIS is what I was picturing! Waiting for an official announcement from Toho and to hear more! ^_^
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: New Anime Movie? Godzilla: Singular Point

Post by G2000 »

Perhaps the wrong section but hey holy shit

How reliable is the source? Certainly looks reliable but I’m not familiar with it

That art really is something, certainly looks official
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

G2000 wrote:Perhaps the wrong section but hey holy shit

How reliable is the source? Certainly looks reliable but I’m not familiar with it

That art really is something, certainly looks official
I'm not familiar with the source either, but promotional artwork provided looks official to me as well. I'm eager to hear more, I'll be very disappointed if this turns out to be a hoax! :lol:

It DOES make some sense, though, if this was already in the works before the world went topsy-turvy. GvK was supposed to come out in March, remember? So perhaps according to the original schedule this was supposed to be Toho's Winter 2020/2021 Godzilla movie following up GvK but now with GvK delayed to May 2021 it's ending up coming out first. I guess we'll find out!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

In another thread, I wrote:"ゴジラシンギュラポイント" returns no results at Google. It's not real.
Try any combination of the words and you still get... nothing.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

If you enlarge that red drawing, the "2020 Toho" thing in the corner looks very blurred and pixelated around it. I'd assume it was choppily edited in and that this isn't exactly real.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

If this is really, I how Godzilla dose more than just stand still and fire an overpowered death ray, that one shoots everything and everyone.

For reals, I think that this is probably real. Toho did say that they're planning on doing more anime films and I'm sure what Pkmatrix said about the beer bug screwing up the release dates dose make sense.

I'll like to point out that zoom in on the drawing, it gets pixelated too. So, I wouldn't use that to say it's fake.

After looking at the source, it's a side account of someone that covers a lot of anime news. Which might, add weight to this and they're saying that an official announcement is coming tomorrow. So, I guess we'll just have to play the waiting game.
Last edited by kingkevzilla88 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Toho did say that they're planning on doing more anime films
Source?

The title in the artwork is "ゴジラS.P", with furigana telling us S.P should be read "シンギュラポイント". Feel free to search all of those words together:
  • "ゴジラS.P"
  • "ゴジラシンギュラポイント"
  • "ゴジラ" "シンギュラポイント"
  • "ゴジラ" "S.P" "シンギュラポイント"
Curious that there is exactly zero results for any of these terms on the web.

Oh wait. That's because this whole thing is an obvious farce.

Some people will believe literally anything.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Terasawa wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:Toho did say that they're planning on doing more anime films
Source?

The title in the artwork is "ゴジラS.P", with furigana telling us S.P should be read "シンギュラポイント". Feel free to search all of those words together:
  • "ゴジラS.P"
  • "ゴジラシンギュラポイント"
  • "ゴジラ" "シンギュラポイント"
  • "ゴジラ" "S.P" "シンギュラポイント"
Curious that there is exactly zero results for any of these terms on the web.

It was ages ago in one of the threads about the polygon trilogy.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote: Curious that there is exactly zero results for any of these terms on the web.

It's 2am in Japan and these images are supposedly leaked. Anything is possible, I'm not ready to discount it yet. There's way too much effort into these images to dismiss them.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Terasawa wrote: Curious that there is exactly zero results for any of these terms on the web.

It's 2am in Japan and these images are supposedly leaked. Anything is possible, I'm not ready to discount it yet. There's way too much effort into these images to dismiss them.
The tweet went out at 10:16 PM Tokyo time.

The account that tweeted them is only a few days old and has four total tweets. It's unverified.

I've already mentioned that the title cannot be found online.

All I'm saying is there's absolutely no reason from any of that to jump to the conclusion that this has to be real, as more than a couple people here already have. The account says it will be "officially announced tomorrow". We'll see. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: I'll like to point out that zoom in on the drawing, it gets pixelated too. So, I wouldn't use that to say it's fake.
My point was you didn't need to zoom in on the drawing to have that effect on the logo. It's just like that the moment you open the photo up.

I'm not saying this is absolutely without a shadow of a doubt fake. But I also don't think it's automatically real based on one source.
Wouldn't be surprised either way.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

For what it's worth, image searching all three pictures doesn't bring up any results other than two Chinese sites that are also discussing them, though Google Translate is only giving me a very barebones idea what they're talking about. If they were stolen fanart, I'd think I'd find at least one result somewhere else. And this is a personal note, but that Godzilla design doesn't look like something a singular fan would come up with, at least in my experience viewing redesigns. But we'll just have to wait and see.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote: The account that tweeted them is only a few days old and has four total tweets. It's unverified.
It's an off-shoot/alternate account of an older account with 10k followers. It also posted something related to the new Doraemon movie as well. I'm not saying this confirms it's authenticity but it at least shows that the account wasn't just made for fooling people with this one report.
Terasawa wrote: I've already mentioned that the title cannot be found online.
The tweet has only been up for a few hours now. I only heard about it around noon. It's very likely it just hasn't spread to any major news outlets. It not being online isn't an indication of its nonexistence, especially if it's a project that was never announced.
Terasawa wrote: All I'm saying is there's absolutely no reason from any of that to jump to the conclusion that this has to be real, as more than a couple people here already have. The account says it will be "officially announced tomorrow". We'll see. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.
No, I agree. I just personally think this isn't a situation where someone threw something together to fool everyone. It's got way too much effort put into it for me to believe it. But yeah, we'll see. Hopefully it's real.
Maritonic wrote:
My point was you didn't need to zoom in on the drawing to have that effect on the logo. It's just like that the moment you open the photo up.
Twitter compression is abhorrent, I wouldn't really use that as a mark against it.

G-Force Personnel

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Terasawa wrote:The account that tweeted them is only a few days old and has four total tweets. It's unverified.
This is what I get for not scrolling all the way to the bottom lol
Moderately hopeful but not expecting anything
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:For what it's worth, image searching all three pictures doesn't bring up any results other than two Chinese sites that are also discussing them, though Google Translate is only giving me a very barebones idea what they're talking about. If they were stolen fanart, I'd think I'd find at least one result somewhere else. And this is a personal note, but that Godzilla design doesn't look like something a singular fan would come up with, at least in my experience viewing redesigns. But we'll just have to wait and see.
Eh, I don't know. It's entirely possible someone produced them specifically for the sake of the hoax.

The design looks "legit" enough but the pose really strikes me as being strikingly similar to the original poster for Shin Godzilla, and I've seen a couple similar-ish fan designs before

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
Also, from the parent account:

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/ ... 8492653571
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Hope it's the real deal. Looks dope. Looks different.

G-Force Personnel

G2000 wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:For what it's worth, image searching all three pictures doesn't bring up any results other than two Chinese sites that are also discussing them, though Google Translate is only giving me a very barebones idea what they're talking about. If they were stolen fanart, I'd think I'd find at least one result somewhere else. And this is a personal note, but that Godzilla design doesn't look like something a singular fan would come up with, at least in my experience viewing redesigns. But we'll just have to wait and see.
Eh, I don't know. It's entirely possible someone produced them specifically for the sake of the hoax.

The design looks "legit" enough but the pose really strikes me as being strikingly similar to the original poster for Shin Godzilla, and I've seen a couple similar-ish fan designs before

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
Also, from the parent account:
https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/ ... 8492653571
I wasn't dismissing that possibility, just testing the preexisting fanart angle.

I mean, Shin made bank and is kind of the current default look for Godzilla in Japan atm, so I wouldn't be surprised if they took cues from Shin's style to pitch/present a new venture, but I won't deny it's a little suspect.

Hmm, the wording at the end is curious, doesn't really sway me either way just yet.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

ABB Gamma
GPN Volunteer

Post by ABB Gamma »

That was posted several hours after the @SugoiLITE tweet. It's (rapid-response) fan art.
Last edited by ABB Gamma on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Welp, that was wuick. Oh well, i'm certain a real new anime movie will come one day.

Wait, didn't the report say this was a Toho film? Why didn't this thread go in the Reiwa section?
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!