Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

Post by Terasawa »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:13 am I mean, yeah, they could say that, but they would be wrong, at least in certain categories. Its going to be hard to argue that the characters in the Anime trilogy are good in the slightest, and there definitely isnt a more colorful cast of monsters when there are like, what, 4 different monsters that appear in the whole trilogy compared to the huge variety in SP. Everything else is more or less up to someone's personal opinion.
More / better variety of monsters doesn't mean GSP is categorically better. It just means that... there are more monsters. That's not an indefensible argument for GSP, it just speaks to what you and others might prioritize in Godzilla content. As for "Its going to be hard to argue that the characters in the Anime trilogy are good in the slightest," Blunova does so here:

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Never fell asleep during a Godzilla movie until I forced myself to watch the anime trilogy as they came out.

First one was terrible. That 2nd one was grueling I had to turn it off. Third one I fell asleep during the 2nd act and woke up to a Mothra twins head in a bowl of water and an entire elderly home in space destroyed by a flying spaghetti monster. The rest was a blur but somebody had an eye infection that they used to control said spaghetti monster.

SP kept my attention but went too hard on the how's and why's, yet didn't show enough of how and why they applied to the monsters themselves.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

I just binged Singular Point and I really didn't care for it. The characters were a dramatic improvement over most recent Godzilla media, but the monsters were soulless, especially Godzilla. I am extra frustrated at how cool and charming the closing credits sequence is. I want THAT anime, not the nonsense we've been getting.
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 am Never fell asleep during a Godzilla movie until I forced myself to watch the anime trilogy as they came out.

First one was terrible. That 2nd one was grueling I had to turn it off. Third one I fell asleep during the 2nd act and woke up to a Mothra twins head in a bowl of water and an entire elderly home in space destroyed by a flying spaghetti monster. The rest was a blur but somebody had an eye infection that they used to control said spaghetti monster.

SP kept my attention but went too hard on the how's and why's, yet didn't show enough of how and why they applied to the monsters themselves.
I agree almost completely, except I was a *little* warmer on the first monster planet movie.
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 am SP kept my attention but went too hard on the how's and why's, yet didn't show enough of how and why they applied to the monsters themselves.
This was originally a spoiler laced response to the above statement. I moved it to the Spoiler thread.
I'm replacing it with what follows out of respect for the thread topic.

I'm looking for a Godzilla: Singular Point 12 step program. I can't seem to stop watching it! :shock: :D
Last edited by JessIAm on Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:01 pm
Shenanigans wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:19 am Anybody here picking up the guidebook? Its cheap enough, but I don't know how much I'd get out of it since I do not see a translated version happening.

https://www.futabasha.co.jp/booksdb/boo ... 883-1.html

I'll order a copy! Thanks for the heads up!
You told me you write an article on the show right?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

*post deleted*
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 12 times in total.