Original Monsters in World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Original Monsters in World of Godzilla

Post by LegendZilla »

Denis wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:07 am Maybe a variant of a space monster. More alien like than we’ve seen before. Multiple eyes etc.
Speaking of space monsters, I just got an idea. I think it would be interesting to see a heroic Space Monster for once. Specifically I am imagining the same type of creature(s) as Ghidorah or Gigan, akin to how how Mando from The Mandalorian is (outwardly at least) a spin on Boba Fett yet at the same time very much stands out as his own defined character and manages to be well-loved. I think such an idea has a ton of potential.

What is your stance on my idea? How else would you make such a kaiju stand out on their own and not just be a clone of what came before? Maybe a Gigan-type creature would be utilized by an interstellar police force who take action when defenseless and peaceful planets get invaded. Maybe instead of claw-like hands, he could have spiked chain-balls (see early concept art for Gigan). That and his colorization could be different and maybe he could have one arm that is normal with a hand at the end.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

A frog/toad kaiju.
For Emperor and Empire!

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 pm
Denis wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:07 am Maybe a variant of a space monster. More alien like than we’ve seen before. Multiple eyes etc.
Speaking of space monsters, I just got an idea. I think it would be interesting to see a heroic Space Monster for once. Specifically I am imagining the same type of creature as Ghidorah or Gigan, akin to how how Mando from The Mandalorian is (outwardly at least) a spin on Boba Fett yet at the same time very much stands out as his own defined character and manages to be well-loved. I think such an idea has a ton of potential.

What is your stance on my idea? How else would you make such a kaiju stand out on their own and not just be a clone of what came before? Maybe a Gigan-type creature would be utilized by an interstellar police force who take action when defenseless and peaceful planets get invaded. Maybe instead of claw-like hands, he could have spiked chain-balls (see early concept art for Gigan). That and his colorization could be different and maybe he could have one arm that is normal with a hand at the end.
Oho, I love that idea!

Maybe something gold and purple, to contrast with Gigan and Ghidorah while still hearkening to them. A taser or similar non-lethal weapon would be a nice touch, along with a smokescreen defense.

For original Kaiju, how about a fungal monster that seems to have hair, and when Godzilla fights it the beast spreads more and more hairs? Then they grow into more fungus, choking and ravaging Tokyo even without the monster’s aid!

Its weakness may be water, so Godzilla ultimately drags the beast underwater and causes a tsunami that devastates Tokyo, but allows people to return to it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 am
Oho, I love that idea!

Maybe something gold and purple, to contrast with Gigan and Ghidorah while still hearkening to them. A taser or similar non-lethal weapon would be a nice touch, along with a smokescreen defense.
I would make the Ghidorah-type kaiju have purple scales and rainbow colored-wings as a nod to Ghidorah's original color scheme. Besides that, he will look cvirtually identical, except for on each of his heads, he will have a single large naga-like horn similar to this :

As for a name to distinguish him from Ghidorah, I will pick Muragon, a portmanteau of murasaki (Japanese for "purple") and dragon. He serve the same type of role in the story as IG-11 in The Mandalorian. As for the Gigan-type creature, I am thinking of naming him "Cyboras". Instead of a single horn pointing out of the top of his head, he'd have a pair of horns in a V-Shape protruding from the sides of his forehead gem. Instead of a Red eye, he'd have a blue eye to make him seem more benign.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I think space exploration is something that could be brought back into Godzilla series. Either Godzilla accidentally getting transported to another planet and having an adventure there or an exploratory space probe "monster" by another civilization.