Lost Projects: Hedorah vs. Midora

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Re: Lost Projects: Hedorah vs. Midora

Post by Dinoskell »

Vakanai wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:27 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Vakanai wrote: I assume a mouth. If he's a plant hero monster made to fight Hedorah, maybe he sucks up the toxic gas Hedorah spews and breathes out pure air? Don't know, but that'd be neat.
That sounds nice. Speaking of Hedorah's acid, I bet that if this came out, the effect would be toned down to a slow-killing poison so that Midora can cure all the people by the time he defeats Midora. Also, is Midora the slug?
No I don't think so. I think the slug is just a pet for the girl character. Why anyone wants a pet slug though...
Because they are cute with their slow reactions, and it would fit an environmentalist theme about finding beauty even in parts of nature thought of as worthless?

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Vakanai wrote: I assume a mouth. If he's a plant hero monster made to fight Hedorah, maybe he sucks up the toxic gas Hedorah spews and breathes out pure air? Don't know, but that'd be neat.
That sounds nice. Speaking of Hedorah's acid, I bet that if this came out, the effect would be toned down to a slow-killing poison so that Midora can cure all the people by the time he defeats Midora. Also, is Midora the slug?
No I don't think so. I think the slug is just a pet for the girl character. Why anyone wants a pet slug though...
Personally I think slugs are cute with their silly "do not want" reactions and careful examination; and it would fit possible themes about appreciating even the unpopular parts of nature.

Added in 23 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: That sounds nice. Speaking of Hedorah's acid, I bet that if this came out, the effect would be toned down to a slow-killing poison so that Midora can cure all the people by the time he defeats Midora. Also, is Midora the slug?
Personally I think slugs are cute with their silly "do not want" reactions and careful examination; and it would fit possible themes about appreciating even the unpopular parts of nature.
[/quote]

Added in 29 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: That sounds nice. Speaking of Hedorah's acid, I bet that if this came out, the effect would be toned down to a slow-killing poison so that Midora can cure all the people by the time he defeats Midora. Also, is Midora the slug?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dinoskell wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 pm
You accidentally reposted.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Dinoskell wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 pm
Because they are cute with their slow reactions, and it would fit an environmentalist theme about finding beauty even in parts of nature thought of as worthless?

Added in 23 seconds:
Added in 29 seconds:
[/quote]

I'm guessing your computer had a hiccup? It happens, no biggie. As for cute - I would disagree, but looking back over the op image, it says sea slug, not regular slug, and some of the sea ones are kind of pretty. Although if it's a sea slug she'd have to carry it in a tank like a fish, and I'm not sure removing one of those from the sea is that good of an environmental message.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Yeah, computer had a hiccup and every attempt to fix the post made it worse. But I'm not sure the sea slug was going to be real and not an imaginary friend, or implying two equally valid realities ala Calvin and Hobbes.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Gigantis wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 am Image

Does anyone know where this image came from? Is this a page in a certain book?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is Midora supposed to be a slug-monster?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:26 am Is Midora supposed to be a slug-monster?
According to what little bit is written, a sea slug monster yes. According to the picture/doodle of the green thing with tree arms and leaf hands (guessing that's what they are) no? Hard to say, sometimes there's just not enough material or information for these unfinished projects. Then again, the script says Hedorah was revived from contaminated water - maybe the green thing is Hedorah after being contaminated by nuclear waste water? Maybe it absorbed some algae and seaweed and became a water pollution monster, and it's appearance changed to reflect deadly algae blooms that sometimes springs up in polluted water? Hence the need for an aquatic sea-slug hero kaiju to fight the new green Hedorah? Eh, probably not, but fun idea to spin out there.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.