How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
SharkLord
Yojimbo

Re: How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

Post by SharkLord »

One idea I've had is that King Ghidorah acts as a more distant villain, being seemingly killed off early on or even in the past, but he still lingers as a spirit or consciousness and influences events. I was imagining he controls an amy of alien invaders instead of the other way around, like in the anime trilogy (Except if he ressurects, it would be as a traditional Ghidorah rather than a static noodly boi).

I was also imagining that since Ghidorah wouldn't be a physical threat, the active villain role would go to Gigan, with him carrying out Ghidorah's will in the physical plane, perhaps with Megalon as his own extra muscle. On a lower scale, I was also imagining we could get a Metphies analogue setting up a Ghidorah cult on Earth to prepare for his return, acting as Ghidorah's voice on the human scale to contrast Gigan as Ghidorah's kaiju henchman.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If they made multiple variants of the Mothra song over the decades, can the same be done for Miyarabi's prayer if King Caesar returned?

MamaMia2021
Ronin

Post by MamaMia2021 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:49 pm If they made multiple variants of the Mothra song over the decades, can the same be done for Miyarabi's prayer if King Caesar returned?
I'd love to see a new version of Miyarabi's prayer, it's really catchy.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:49 pm If they made multiple variants of the Mothra song over the decades, can the same be done for Miyarabi's prayer if King Caesar returned?
God I hope not.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:57 am
God I hope not.
Why? I take it you’re not a fan of KC?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:33 am
God I hope not.
No, I just despise that song.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:19 pm

God I hope not.
If I were to guess, you are not a fan of the Mothra song either.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:46 pm

Guys, the answer is simple. We get a metal group to cover the KC song. I nominate Halelstorm.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I love the Mothra song.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:15 pm

I love the Mothra song.
Can you explain why you like one song and not the other? Is it because you consider one a ripoff?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:39 pm
Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:15 pm

I love the Mothra song.
Can you explain why you like one song and not the other? Is it because you consider one a ripoff?
No, I don’t consider it a ripoff. The Mothra song sounds nice and has a good tune to it. The King Caesar song is grating.
For Emperor and Empire!

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Even people who like the song feel it went on WAY too long.

Added in 9 minutes 17 seconds:
Voyager wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:51 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:26 pm How would you feel if they gave Mothra a similar arc to Liu Kang in the recent Mortal Kombat games? By that I mean a beacon of virtue falling to the dark side. I know it will be controversial with many, But I won't be opposed to it. You can argue that Battra already fills the niche of a dark version of Mothra, but I am thinking Mothra herself going down the path of darkness and corruption.
That doesn’t really sit right with me. To me, Mothra is a beacon of hope, incorruptible in resolve, soul and heart.
While I prefer the more fallible take on Showa Mothra to modern portrayls, "darkness and corruption" doesn't make sense for Mothra. A more animalistic take on Mothra due to losing her connection to humanity ala Gamera in Attack of Legion makes more sense for a redemption story. Mothra's "dark take" feels it should be aloofness and being uncaring rather than a destroyer.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Here's a Megalon concept I thought of the other day:

So I guess this would work best in some sci-fi or futuristic setting; it's overkill for modern Japan. But basically Megalon is an alien siege engine. A big, bulky, armored, slow juggernaut (so the Reiwa standard), built to breach heavily defended fortresses. He would use his napalm bombs (probably redesigned to be more explosive) to bombard the target as he approached, then bore through or tunnel under the walls with his drills, maybe firing bombs through the drill holes to cause internal damage. Possibly he could have a variety of different bomb payloads he could use for different purposes. His horn lightning would probably be replaced with something more militaristic, like an EMP emitter or a cutting laser.

He would run on very simple, possibly glitchy and unpredictable, A.I., keeping his stupid personality intact and making him prone to irrational behavior. To guide and protect him while he worked, we'd have a Gigan specialized for combat, especially against kaiju. Honestly, bulking up GFW Gigan is all you really need to do. Let's give that poor guy some time to actually shine.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Matango/Gabara. Mutant fungi grows throuth apartament builiding and feed on fear related hormones of people. If it needs more physical contant with victicm, mycelium takes form of Gabara. Only ex-doctor played by Nicolas Cage can stop it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If Varan were to be brought back, he is gonna be in need of a heavy revamp if he were to stand out. First of all, maybe tie him in with the Emishi people and their legends. For those of you who don't know, they were a sister-group to the mainline Japanese people who lived in the Tohoku region and held off well right until the 1300's. On top of that, make him an actual demonic being of the apocalypse.