Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Godzilla - The General Discussion Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:31 pm I mean there was an early concept where Form 3 emerged out of the back of Form 2 like a cicada shedding its old shell.
Really? Hmm, would've been cool to go with that.

Perhaps my only criticism of the film is how form 2 turns into form 3, by just sort of changing and then how we don't see form 4. However, it works thematically as something unexpected and sudden getting worse in both scenarios.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:10 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:31 pm I mean there was an early concept where Form 3 emerged out of the back of Form 2 like a cicada shedding its old shell.
Really? Hmm, would've been cool to go with that.
Yeah apparently Anno rejected it because it would have been too hard to animate properly.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^That's probably for the best, honestly. The first transformation looks terrible.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:28 amShin Godzilla has one of the wildest, most explosive from rumor to marketing to release cycle ever. I'm sorry to say this, but if you weren't there, you missed out.
All of that does sound super fun. I'm still mad I missed it in theaters too.

Edit: I also just saw an interview where Anno says how Toho didn't want Godzilla to have multiple forms - but then Bandai stepped in and said they liked the idea of having three different products, and that's what saved it. :lol:
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Glad I saw this on the big screen because Im not sure it would have impacted me the same if I watched it on Bluray.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:50 pm Glad I saw this on the big screen because Im not sure it would have impacted me the same if I watched it on Bluray.
Same here. This was the first Japanese Godzilla film I saw on the big screen. Although I was very close to not watching this in the theatre because it was pretty frustrating to buy a ticket for me and my friend due to it being apparently sold out. Thankfully, that was not the case.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ We knew the world would never be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:57 pm *Footage of God*
We have truly found the best thing in existence. Nothing can compare

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Wow, thanks for spoiling the reveal of Shin Godzilla 2. Might have to ban you for leaks, Mr. Future Prime Minister Rando Yagucci. Kiss, you guys.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Hideaki Anno once again plumbs the depths of the human soul for art that transcends the genre
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:24 pm Wow, thanks for spoiling the reveal of Shin Godzilla 2. Might have to ban you for leaks, Mr. Future Prime Minister Rando Yagucci. Kiss, you guys.
Sorry, I was told it's good to be a rebel. :oops:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:46 am
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:24 pm Wow, thanks for spoiling the reveal of Shin Godzilla 2. Might have to ban you for leaks, Mr. Future Prime Minister Rando Yagucci. Kiss, you guys.
Sorry, I was told it's good to be a rebel. :oops:
Yes, but think of the guy who got you here!

THINK, Rando! THINK!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

At this point, calling a character Goro Maki in a Godzilla film as become the same thing as Final Fantasy calling characters Cid.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

It’s now the fifth anniversary of when this film was released theatrically to the U.S. and to this day, it’s still a masterpiece and remains my favorite theatrical experience.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 pm At this point, calling a character Goro Maki in a Godzilla film as become the same thing as Final Fantasy calling characters Cid.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Man, it's hard to believe that it's already been five since since this film's release in the United States, and I've only seen this movie twice so far.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 pm At this point, calling a character Goro Maki in a Godzilla film as become the same thing as Final Fantasy calling characters Cid.

Or a Hammer Dracula film calling a character Paul.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Spuro wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 am Or a Hammer Dracula film calling a character Paul.
Or Hans or Karl.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The Hideaki Anno Exhibition is going on right now at Tokyo's National Art Center. There's a huge section devoted to his childhood influences; part of that includes a graphic (which is going around social media) listing specific films that influenced him. The list is:
Spoiler:
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Terasawa wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:35 pm The Hideaki Anno Exhibition is going on right now at Tokyo's National Art Center. There's a huge section devoted to his childhood influences; part of that includes a graphic (which is going around social media) listing specific films that influenced him. The list is:
Spoiler:
I'm glad to see a Thunderbird 2 in there as well. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You