Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by CyberZilla »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:18 pm
From interviews it seems like they wanted them but didn't know how to fit them in, so creating new forms of G was easier.
I mean, it was definitely interesting in the story how they worked as evolutions for Godzilla in “our” reality. Still was disappointed that Varan, Manda, and Titano didn’t get true reintroductions, but I’ve accepted it by this point.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

CyberZilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:49 pm
From interviews it seems like they wanted them but didn't know how to fit them in, so creating new forms of G was easier.
I mean, it was definitely interesting in the story how they worked as evolutions for Godzilla in “our” reality. Still was disappointed that Varan, Manda, and Titano didn’t get true reintroductions, but I’ve accepted it by this point.
I'm surprised that such a decision most likely stemming from apathy wouldn't draw any more ire from the fandom.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

CyberZilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:49 pm
Manda did.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:39 pm
imposterzilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:18 pm From interviews it seems like they wanted them but didn't know how to fit them in, so creating new forms of G was easier.
Gotta cut corners right? They just had to put all the effort into making all the mathematical gobbledygook that passes for the plot.
That is real quantum physics?

Interestingly in the new novel, Godzilla seems to be the comprehensible avatar for the real Godzilla that seems to be a multiversal creature. His existence warps time and space around it and the other forms actually evolve by Godzilla warping and swapping its highly abnormal cells around to new locations.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That's what I figured. The bones in the basement are technically the same entity, just a failed earlier attempt by Godzilla to enter our reality.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Why go full multiverse when most people around here are adamantly against it?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:22 pm ^Why go full multiverse when most people around here are adamantly against it?
Because Toho and whichever studio made SP don't know most people around here exist, and wouldn't give a shit if they did. Don't forget, Toho Kingdom's user base is a tiny fraction of the Western Godzilla fandom, which itself is an unimportant sideshow to Toho. They're out to please the Japanese mainstream first, international mainstream second, Japanese fans third, and Western fans eighteenth. Our opinions are completely, utterly irrelevant to them, and aren't going to factor into their business decisions at all.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:22 pm ^Why go full multiverse when most people around here are adamantly against it?
Since when are "most people here" against such a concept?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

What's the Tee Kay consensus on this series (lol)?

Did people generally like it? Hate it?

I thought it was gosh dang cool. Maybe a bit over-weighted with all the scientific elements but still bloody stylish and beautifully crafted structure-wise.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jomei wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:56 pm What's the Tee Kay consensus on this series (lol)?

Did people generally like it? Hate it?

I thought it was gosh dang cool. Maybe a bit over-weighted with all the scientific elements but still bloody stylish and beautifully crafted structure-wise.
Most people like it, and appreciate a lot about of it. A few people really dislike the designs, and wish there was less scientific mumbo jumbo, but a lot of people at the very least like a lot of specific moments and ideas.

People seem to like Ultima a lot, although he’s not going to replace Shin or Legendary Goji in the eyes of a lot of people now.

Agreed about the structure. I like how it’s a monster of the week show for 3/4ths, and then merged into the main Godzilla narrative.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I love the sense of escalation, the growing sense of dread and impending doom.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:53 am
Since when are "most people here" against such a concept?
I've brought up the idea of this franchise exploring the multiverse angle as others have in the past, and a lot of people, mostly staff were vehemently against it. For those of you are, I want to ask exactly why it's an objectively bad idea. That is, besides being too gimmicky for your tastes. If I were to guess, one reason would be it would tamper with another artists' vision, dampening its significance in the process.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:12 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:07 pm ^Knowing how this show has gone with its kaiju so far, they’d probably just take Ghidorah and turn him into a form of Godzilla. They’ll call him Godzilla Tricephalos or something like that.
Nah, apparently they just do that with less popular monsters. Maybe Toho thought Varan, Titano and Gorosaurus weren't popular enough for a comeback but wanted their likeliness somehow.
Well, they've only just made the one season, and wanted it to appeal to both Godzilla fans and non Godzilla fans. The number of characters and Kaiju they can bring into a story arc is limited. Overwhelming an audience with numerous memorable Kaiju wouldn't work.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

I'm just really mad they had this huge magma Rodan and did jack and skreonk with it, and jack left town. Ditto poor Anguirus...

Salunga definitely the highlight of the show. What a beast!
Last edited by Omegamorph on Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Omegamorph wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:21 pm I'm just really mad they had this huge magma Rodan and did jack and skreonk with it, and jack left town. Ditto poor Anguirus...

Salunga definitely the highlight of the show. What a beast!
I liked the little we had of Anguirus, but both him and Rodan could have used more attention.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I think for the first attempt at a hard science fiction take on the franchise it turned out pretty good. Off course hard sci-fi isn't for everyone.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:18 pm I think for the first attempt at a hard science fiction take on the franchise it turned out pretty good. Off course hard sci-fi isn't for everyone.
It felt to me like a physics lecture first, story second.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:48 pm It felt to me like a physics lecture first, story second.
Agreed. I never mind technobabble but this show kind of exceeded
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Toho Animation's 10 anniversary will hold a special event on September 25th to discuss future projects. An SP announcement would be wonderful but as per usual don't expect anything. Still be as good a place as any to announce something.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/ ... itter_news
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I just recently finished this show after wayyyy too long. I ended up absolutely loving it. The science and time stuff mostly confused me but I’m sure I’ll understand it better the second time around. I really loved the characters and the unique takes on classic monsters. Jet Jaguar was just incredible. If I were to rank this among the movies it would most likely be top 5.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa: