Shin Ultraman General Discussion (spoilers!)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Shin-Ultraman SPOILER THREAD/REVIEW

Post by LegendZilla »

I just read the wiki for Ultraman and learned that
Spoiler:
Ultraman dies in the end by forcing himself and Zetton through a black hole to sacrifice himself. As a result of this Zoffy is moved by Ultraman's courage in protecting Earth and sees the error of his ways.
So anyways, here's my proposal for the plot to a sequel assuming one gets made :
Spoiler:
Perhaps Zoffy decides to atone for nearly destroying Earth and creates of a modified clone of the fallen hero to replace him and thus, we get Shin Ultraman Jack.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:19 pm I just read the wiki for Ultraman and learned that
Spoiler:
Ultraman dies in the end by forcing himself and Zetton through a black hole to sacrifice himself. As a result of this Zoffy is moved by Ultraman's courage in protecting Earth and sees the error of his ways.
So anyways, here's my proposal for the plot to a sequel assuming one gets made :
Spoiler:
Perhaps Zoffy decides to atone for nearly destroying Earth and creates of a modified clone of the fallen hero to replace him and thus, we get Shin Ultraman Jack.
He defeats Zetton and then dies to bring Shinji back to life. Shin Return of Ultraman will most likely just be Rippa returning. Return of Ultraman came out the same year as Kamen Rider so I'm sure Anno knows all about ROU.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:43 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:19 pm I just read the wiki for Ultraman and learned that
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
He defeats Zetton and then dies to bring Shinji back to life. Shin Return of Ultraman will most likely just be Rippa returning. Return of Ultraman came out the same year as Kamen Rider so I'm sure Anno knows all about ROU.
How would you have Ripia return?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:13 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Land of the light reives him. Maybe as a result of this film he now has to wear the color timer to Guage his strenght.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:54 pm

Land of the light reives him. Maybe as a result of this film he now has to wear the color timer to Guage his strength.
^Not having the color timer is a key part of Shin Ultraman's whole gist.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

First then mins are on YouTube for a few days. You can see the Neronga appearance and “fight”. While it’s very one sided, it’s a great representation of the tone of the film.

Also, you can literally see “Shin Gojira” in the Ultra W font right before the opening proper. Not going to dispute this, but this is why I said it’s hard to say it is/isn’t a sequel to shin Godzilla. It’s 100% a successor/follow up, and even in Neronga’s attack you can see some visual callbacks.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A Japanese trailer for Shin Ultraman has been released that pretty much features Zetton and Zoffy.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

And I thought American trailers give away too much.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:07 am And I thought American trailers give away too much.
Spoilers are not a problem in Japan like in America. The last Dragonball movie for example has a major spoiler trailer.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:07 am And I thought American trailers give away too much.
To be fair, the film is about to end its theatrical run in Japan. This is more a last ditch effort to make anyone who hasn’t seen it already go and see it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that Tsupro could upload The whole movie on their channel one day?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:35 pm Is it possible that Tsupro could upload The whole movie on their channel one day?
No, why on earth did they do that?

They only uploaded the first 10 mins to YouTube, temporarily to garnish interest in the movie to people that might not otherwise be interested in the film.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:40 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:35 pm Is it possible that Tsupro could upload The whole movie on their channel one day?
No, why on earth did they do that?

They only uploaded the first 10 mins to YouTube, temporarily to garnish interest in the movie to people that might not otherwise be interested in the film.
If they can generate enough buzz, anything’s possible.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Shin Ultraman VFX breakdown!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just realized something. When Ultraman ignites the second Beta Capsule, that energy field surrounding him… Is that his Travel Sphere?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I was looking at the Shin Ultraman page in the Movies section and, as far as I can see, there's only two things wrong with it.

The Mammoth Flower should be in the Monsters section and Mefilas should be in the Aliens, SDF & Misc. section.

Can this be fixed, please? Thanks!

Added in 12 minutes 56 seconds:
As I mentioned below, shouldn't this thread be on Ultraman Media?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 am I was looking at the Shin Ultraman page in the Movies section and, as far as I can see, there's only two things wrong with it.

The Mammoth Flower should be in the Monsters section and Mefilas should be in the Aliens, SDF & Misc. section.

My reasoning for putting it here, and not the Ultraman media forum is that, as of now, it feels separate from Tsuburaya's work, and there's going to be considerable overlap between this and the other Shin films. It's made by the same people who made Shin Godzilla, produced by Toho, and literally opens with "Shin Godzilla", as well as contains numerous hints to other Toho properties. As of now, it's also made a very active effort to distance itself from it's ongoing Ultraman series.

It could go in either forum, but I think the bulk of people discussing this on a Godzilla form are going to be interested in discussing what it means for the current Toho Godzilla films, and the Shin Japanese Hero franchise.

If enough people, after seeing the film, disagree with my decision to place it here I'll gladly put it on the main ultra man forum.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 am
mikelcho wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 am I was looking at the Shin Ultraman page in the Movies section and, as far as I can see, there's only two things wrong with it.

My reasoning for putting it here, and not the Ultraman media forum is that, as of now, it feels separate from Tsuburaya's work, and there's going to be considerable overlap between this and the other Shin films. It's made by the same people who made Shin Godzilla, produced by Toho, and literally opens with "Shin Godzilla", as well as contains numerous hints to other Toho properties. As of now, it's also made a very active effort to distance itself from it's ongoing Ultraman series.

It could go in either forum, but I think the bulk of people discussing this on a Godzilla form are going to be interested in discussing what it means for the current Toho Godzilla films, and the Shin Japanese Hero franchise.

If enough people, after seeing the film, disagree with my decision to place it here I'll gladly put it on the main ultra man forum.
Okay, thanks! That explains a lot. Do with it as you will, then.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wikizilla has released a very easily digestible video that showcases Shin Ultraman’s relations and connections to Shin Godzilla:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^If only Toho would allow such a thing to be the case.

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:54 pm

Land of the light reives him. Maybe as a result of this film he now has to wear the color timer to Guage his strength.
I don’t think Anno is gonna want to do the cliched superhero resurrection in his version of Ultraman.