How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 am
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm I understand your preference for different artists doing their own weird spin on the character whenever a new production is set into place, but would it be the end of the world if they also did a normal and plain Godzilla for each time it does happen? Both people like you guys and me can get our fair share.
Legendzilla, please don't necropost and ask pointless questions. It's also has a definitive answer as the MV is already doing a "normal" Godzilla.
Everyone around here is vocal in demanding more and more "weird" Godzillas, so why would it be any different to want more than one "normal" Godzilla? I just want my voice to be heard that's all. Think of it as one preferring their pizza or ice cream plain cheese or plain vanilla.
Then take it to a different thread, please and thank you.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

UltramanGoji

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by UltramanGoji »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:11 am
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 am

Legendzilla, please don't necropost and ask pointless questions. It's also has a definitive answer as the MV is already doing a "normal" Godzilla.
Everyone around here is vocal in demanding more and more "weird" Godzillas, so why would it be any different to want more than one "normal" Godzilla? I just want my voice to be heard that's all. Think of it as one preferring their pizza or ice cream plain cheese or plain vanilla.
Then take it to a different thread, please and thank you.
Don't armchair mod...but you're right. If you want to talk about generic or plain Godzilla, go to a different thread and stop clogging this one up.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I think they should give Godzilla a gun. That would be pretty weird.

Honestly, though, a Godzilla that's cybernetically enhanced or biotechnological might be interesting. Maybe it "evolves" into a MechaGodzilla over time and revolts against humanity and technoforms the earth. It's a bit of a mix of Godzilla Earth and Mechagodzilla City in my mind. Like, humanity making their own Godzilla who becomes their demise.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

CyberZilla wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:27 am I think they should give Godzilla a gun. That would be pretty weird.

Honestly, though, a Godzilla that's cybernetically enhanced or biotechnological might be interesting. Maybe it "evolves" into a MechaGodzilla over time and revolts against humanity and technoforms the earth. It's a bit of a mix of Godzilla Earth and Mechagodzilla City in my mind. Like, humanity making their own Godzilla who becomes their demise.
I won't be opposed to a cybernetically enhanced Godzilla, so long as a traditional Godzilla is established in-universe beforehand.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Make Godzilla speak Japanese… or English… or both. But make him be able to talk to people, and slap it into a comedy and we have a movie!
For Emperor and Empire!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Voyager wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:29 pm Make Godzilla speak Japanese… or English… or both. But make him be able to talk to people, and slap it into a comedy and we have a movie!
Godzilla sitcom movie... sure, skreeonk it. I'd watch it.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

A scientist's insane plan to recreate dinosaurs mixed with atomic energy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just did some thinking and I think that the whole multiverse angle would be a good way to bring in multiple "weird" Godzillas for the price of one in a single film or TV show.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I was gonna mention how they can completely remake his origin from not even a prehistoric beast or anything similar. They can just make him, oh, I dunno a tree or plant based.

Wait...they did that already. We already have Ultra Ancient Godzilla (Legendary), Fish Godzilla (Shin), Tree Godzilla (Anime), Dimension Hopping Super Evolution Godzilla (SP).

Make Godzilla an alien life form? Not 100% like SpaceGodzilla but the origin of Godzilla itself came from outer space and he's entirely extraterrestrial in nature. Or - shake up the origin a bit on the earthly end and make Godzilla a golem or an elemental being.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:01 pm
Make Godzilla an alien life form? Not 100% like SpaceGodzilla but the origin of Godzilla itself came from outer space and he's entirely extraterrestrial in nature. Or - shake up the origin a bit on the earthly end and make Godzilla a golem or an elemental being.
I say that's inevitable at this point.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:01 pm Or - shake up the origin a bit on the earthly end and make Godzilla a golem or an elemental being.
TBH Golem-Zila actually sounds really cool. :lol: I could imagine his skin being all rock, and he has the ability to access powers from all four major elements, showing that just like the stones he's made out of, he's truly one with the Earth. Like.. he has limited control of the water to cause tsunamis, his atomic breath is still radioactive in nature but at the same time it's literally a massive burst of fire, he can control plants, and.. I dunno what he could do to access wind, but Toho's wackiness with toying with his powers could find a way.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Let's change his origin to starting off as a suit actor for a movie and then the suit actor gets hit with radiation from an atomic bomb being dropped on the city. The radiation hits while he was wearing the suit and the suit is permanently mutated on him.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

Dv-218 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 am To add to the discussion, apperantly there was an alternative origin purposed for Godzilla in the Heisei era, which is some sort of weird whale thing
I like this it looks like a Mosasaurus or Basilosaurus. Aa hypothetical specimen representative of a possibile species of ancestors of the of Godzilla's race it could work very well
Spoiler:
In some way that idea of ​​a whale-like Godzilla ended up being part of the evolutionary line of the Godzilla's incarnation of Singular Point.

According that the art of Shin Godzilla was going to becoming a being like eldritch deity if he had reached his 8th form

When for what it concern Godzilla Ultima from Singular Point:
Spoiler:
It would seem that he is some sort of being from another dimension is that what we have seen so far is not its true form. Apparently he could also cause some kind of apocalypse / universal reset.

Take what I wrote here as a grain of salt, I haven't seen Godzilla Singular Point my information on based on some spoilers I found on the Vs Battles Wiki.
I dunno if it can be possibile going further weird than what we already have get :?:

If Godzilla one day will be one of this things: a dragon, a demon, a alien, and eldritch abomination I will be really interested in saw what it will be involved.
Spoiler:
Well if is true that Godzilla Ultima came from another dimension then in some sense we have already the Godzilla that is like a alien and a eldritch abomination
Last edited by ShinGojiX98 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Give Godzilla a magic sword.
The plot can be trying to take it away from him.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

How about a movie where Godzilla crosses over into the real world from the film world, and starts actually fucking cities up in real life? Maybe even have a scene where he looks TJ Storm right in the eye before treating him the way he treated Mr. Shindo?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:36 pm How about a movie where Godzilla crosses over into the real world from the film world, and starts actually skreeonking cities up in real life? Maybe even have a scene where he looks TJ Storm right in the eye before treating him the way he treated Mr. Shindo?
Who's TJ storm?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:00 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:36 pm How about a movie where Godzilla crosses over into the real world from the film world, and starts actually skreeonking cities up in real life? Maybe even have a scene where he looks TJ Storm right in the eye before treating him the way he treated Mr. Shindo?
Who's TJ storm?
:godzilla2021:

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

So, basically the Godzilla equivalent of Wes Craven's New Nightmare?
Friends don't lie.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

John Pannozzi wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:39 pm
So, basically the Godzilla equivalent of Wes Craven's New Nightmare?
Basically.