2024 - Godzilla's 70th, what do you expect/hope for?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: 2024 - Godzilla's 70th, what do you expect/hope for?

Post by imposterzilla »

I do like SP and maybe season 2 or 3 would be great. Though a film via anime or otherwise could be good. Maybe an anthology film or maybe a series that goes back to its roots. I always thought a series set in an alternate Heisei universe would be great.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I just want another new Godzilla movie released in theatres. That's all I'm asking.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I'm thinking about trying to go to Japan for the anniversary. Hopefully there's a new film.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breaking a proud sixty year tradition would be terribly sad and probably bring about enough bad luck to torpedo the franchise for another fourteen years. They need to put out a live action movie for the anniversary, even if it's from the Monsterverse. Or if they do just cheap out and do another anime, it needs to be something properly good this time.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I don't think it'll be a MonsterVerse film, a Shin sequel (Anno/Higuchi are busy with Shin Ultraman/Kamen Rider), a new animated film/series or just a short film. I DO suspect Takashi Yamazaki (Always 2, Godzilla the Ride) will get around to a Godzilla film eventually, with a Showa setting and CGI monsters.

Knowing Toho, they'd promote it as not just the 70th anniversary film but also their 30th live action film. And depending on what scale they're aiming for and the filmmakers involved it could be anywhere between a solo film, involve members of the Big 5, a DAM/GFW style film with lots of monsters, etc.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Every 10 year anni has a new foe be it Ghidorah,Mg, Super X, SpaceG, Monster X, and the MUTOs. We need a new foe.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Terasawa wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 pm(And sorry, Vakanai, I'm not really interested in an extended debate on this. I just don't think it's a likely prospect.)
Don't apologize - I never debated that they would or that it was likely, only that I strongly disagree with the notion that the reason they wouldn't or won't is because "they should just be happy to leave it to Legendary" that some people say. Whether or not they make another live action film, I just don't believe that has anything to do with it either way.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

All I can say us that I hope we'll have some new content before then.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I'm totally lost on who owns the rights to what anymore, but while I know it won't happen I still would like to see a Godzilla vs. Gamera crossover.

Opti the Noob
Young Farmer

Post by Opti the Noob »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:25 pm I'm totally lost on who owns the rights to what anymore, but while I know it won't happen I still would like to see a Godzilla vs. Gamera crossover.
Pretty sure Kadokawa still owns Gamera, but basically it became a dead IP.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

A visit back to the Showa era and it’s Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:45 pm A visit back to the Showa era and it’s Godzilla.
Showa Godzilla vs all other Godzillas.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:22 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:45 pm A visit back to the Showa era and it’s Godzilla.
Like a run of a gauntlet. He fights them all and wins.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Nah, this is the Reiwa era. A Godzilla Earth-type juggernaut 3000 meters tall fights the entire Toho pantheon at the same fucking time and one-shots them all without moving or changing his expression.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Voyager wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:24 pm
Destroy All Godzillas

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

tbeasley wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Destroy All Godzillas
That'd be a badass OVA. And do it in the sense of an Inter-Dimensional WWE but for kaiju. GMK Godzilla is the big heel of the series.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

How about a film that has its own timeline but references various other timelines in concept? Like having a Anti-Kaiiju force with a team called the G Graspers or something or other. Have a tragic take of an old war dog so to speak and have technology and new recruits eclipse his skills, until he wants to be the pilot who wants to take out G himself for his own validation. Give him a mecha too. Delta X anyone? In the end, he realizes that the other two kaiju that appear at the same time as Godzilla(yeah...new ones) were created to fight monsters but went rogue. All the while, a typhoons begins to bare down on the Japanese mainland.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think we've hit a point there there's no guarantee that Toho is even going to make movies any more, even for anniversaries. This past year has proven that they're capable of thinking of many, many ways to do things with the monster (and make buttloads of money off him) that have nothing to do with domestic feature films. Toho seems to have finally figured out how to keep the gravy train rolling without too much effort on their part.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 pm This past year has proven that they're capable of thinking of many, many ways to do things with the monster (and make buttloads of money off him) that have nothing to do with domestic feature films. Toho seems to have finally figured out how to keep the gravy train rolling without too much effort on their part.
Implying this hasn't been happening since, what, 1991?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:32 pm
tbeasley wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Destroy All Godzillas
That'd be a badass OVA. And do it in the sense of an Inter-Dimensional WWE but for kaiju. GMK Godzilla is the big heel of the series.
Can shonen protagonist Showa defeat his enemies???? Only time will tell, on SUPER GODZILLA BATTLE ROYALE XIV PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!
For Emperor and Empire!