How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by Dinoskell »

weird: instead of gills, have Godzilla breathe underwater through his cloaca like some turtles. While in turtles this is only enough oxygen for low periods of activity like sleeping underwater until the lake thaws in spring, I think Godzilla's oxygen requirments are less than his size suggests due to the nuclear metabolism.

on a side note, I've been thinking of how it could be interesting to bring back how Heisei Godzilla had green blood in some Heisei movies. There are green blooded lizards, its due to them being able to handle a higher concentration of degraded, broken down blood cells than other animals so thebody doesn't put in as much effort filtering them in the liver (where it would be added to bile)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: How could Toho make Godzilla even "weirder"? What new directions might they go in after 2020?

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's another idea : What if he gets critically wounded and receives cybernetic implants?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Sorry but I don't want my goji with cybernetic double D's.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 pm Sorry but I don't want my goji with cybernetic double D's.
Speak for yourself, I'm typing with one hand right now...
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 pm Sorry but I don't want my goji with cybernetic double D's.
What does the "D" stand for? Also, I am guessing you prefer Godzilla being 100% organic. If so, that's understandable.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:03 pm
What does the "D" stand for? Also, I am guessing you prefer Godzilla being 100% organic. If so, that's understandable.
You pure soul.

But yes, keep my Gojis organic

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:13 pm But yes, keep my Gojis organic
Any idea, good or bad is subject to inevitable execution. If they can come up with a good story surrounding an idea like mine to justify it, things could be quite entertaining if done right. Perhaps his nuclear reactor-heart is failing on him, which will lead to a meltdown like in '95. To prevent this, a team of scientists believe the only way they can prevent such a thing is if they give Godzilla implants to stabilize his nuclear energy-processing. Inevitably, the government of Japan would try to take advantage of Godzilla becoming a cyborg and use it as an opportunity to control him by implanting a micro-chip into his brain. That way the film could explore the ethics of stripping a living creature of its free will.

Let's be honest, turning him into a cyborg is no less egregious than turning him into *cough* a plant. Plus, I think Godzilla becoming one could be an realistic way they they could have Godzilla turn to the good side. 30 years ago, they turned KG into a cyborg and I know most of you take issue with that film, but was that particular idea detrimental? Lastly, if you still don't like the idea, would it ease the pain if they can find a way to integrate cybernetic bits into Godzilla well enough without taking away too much of his familiar shape and form?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:04 am, edited 9 times in total.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

I could see a plot line where they have to deal with how Godzilla’s old allies respond to him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Well, we have kind of already had a cyborg Godzilla in the form of Kiryu. I don't see it as much of a stretch to consider another approach to the same concept.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

No more cyborg Godzillers.

New monsters.

Added in 2 minutes 16 seconds:
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:21 pm
Speak for yourself, I'm typing with one hand right now...
Jesus Campos de la Rosa Christ :lol:
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just remembered that a long time ago, I came up with the idea of Godzilla being a sentient computer file not unlike Megaman Battle Network. He eventually makes it into our world Digimon-style.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

How about a Godzilla that's a shape-shifting demonic entity/ghost/yokai/oni that's tied with myths of other shape-shifting entities from Japanese mythology, such as the Bakaneko and Mujina (and possibly other mythologies too)? And he assumes many different forms throughout the story to conceal his true giant "Godzilla" form?

And every time something or someone wounds him, traits of his true form start to reveal themselves (example: someone hacks open his back with a Japanese sword, and his dorsal plates start to bloom out)?

That could make for something genuinely creepy if you ask me.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm I just remembered that a long time ago, I came up with the idea of Godzilla being a sentient computer file not unlike Megaman Battle Network. He eventually makes it into our world Digimon-style.
Now why would Godzilla have been a sentient computer in the first place?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm I just remembered that a long time ago, I came up with the idea of Godzilla being a sentient computer file not unlike Megaman Battle Network. He eventually makes it into our world Digimon-style.
Now why would Godzilla have been a sentient computer in the first place?
I thought about the idea back when I was a pre-teen. You don't put too much thoughts into your ideas when you're younger. So long as they sound cool to you, everything may seem fine.

Putting the idea into consideration, it could work for a kids' show.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

This is the first time in awhile we are in the waiting phase of finding out what’s next.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I understand your preference for different artists doing their own weird spin on the character whenever a new production is set into place, but would it be the end of the world if they also did a normal and plain Godzilla for each time it does happen? Both people like you guys and me can get our fair share.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm I understand your preference for different artists doing their own weird spin on the character whenever a new production is set into place, but would it be the end of the world if they also did a normal and plain Godzilla for each time it does happen? Both people like you guys and me can get our fair share.
Legendzilla, please don't necropost and ask pointless questions. It's also has a definitive answer as the MV is already doing a "normal" Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

A human terrorist or serial killer that targets government officials responsible for his family dying and himself being disfigured in a nuclear accident. He models his crimes (in some way or other) after the deeds of a vengeful dragon out of Odo Island mythology: Gojira.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:39 am A human terrorist or serial killer that targets government officials responsible for his family dying and himself being disfigured in a nuclear accident. He models his crimes (in some way or other) after the deeds of a vengeful dragon out of Odo Island mythology: Gojira.
Oh, that’s a great idea!

Would make a terrific film or miniseries.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 am
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:04 pm I understand your preference for different artists doing their own weird spin on the character whenever a new production is set into place, but would it be the end of the world if they also did a normal and plain Godzilla for each time it does happen? Both people like you guys and me can get our fair share.
Legendzilla, please don't necropost and ask pointless questions. It's also has a definitive answer as the MV is already doing a "normal" Godzilla.
Everyone around here is vocal in demanding more and more "weird" Godzillas, so why would it be any different to want more than one "normal" Godzilla? I just want my voice to be heard that's all. Think of it as one preferring their pizza or ice cream plain cheese or plain vanilla.