Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12

Post by Spuro »

Because paying for a subscription to a streaming service is not enough. Least Netflix isn’t as bad as HBO Max...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Don’t know if someone already speculated this: The Alapu Upala song potentially being bodcast from that Michiyuki Ashihara guy, who is somehow now in whatever dimension/realm Godzilla and the other monsters came from? I don’t think they ever explained what happened to him, just he disappeared. Would make sense of how a clearly human made song is being broadcast from the skeleton.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

So I watched all of episode 1, and parts of 2 and 12 with the dub before Netflix made it unbearable with their VPN detector, and I can say the English dub is definitely OK. I wish the actor for Mei sounded a bit like a college-aged person, but it's not show ruining. I was worried about Goro not being bombastic enough, but once he started his monologue during the Rodan fight it was pretty good.

It also doesn't seem like they're taking many liberties with the translation. It's very close to the subs. They also seem to be handling the science dialog well. The part where BB explains what happened to Ashihara and what SHIVA is was very clear, but I haven't tried watching any of the really heavy dialog eps yet. Can't wait for the US release so I can stop screwing around with this and watch the show properly.
Last edited by Ultramorph on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I've just rewatched a lot of the series, and I have to say, I don't understand why some of these designs aren't getting GINO levels of hate. I'm in a precarious position where although I have enjoyed the series, I still feel like it came short.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:07 pm I've just rewatched a lot of the series, and I have to say, I don't understand why some of these designs aren't getting GINO levels of hate. I'm in a precarious position where although I have enjoyed the series, I still feel like it came short.
Well, the Godzilla franchise is more flexible when it comes to the side monsters. And even Godzilla himself has been heavily altered by various eras, to the point where two Godzilla designs can look like completely different characters.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

So they snuck in a fourth type of Kumonga: Zenbunga.

Also of note, the bugs have scientific names now.

Kumonga= Kumonga scytodes
Kamanga= Kumonga falcipes
Hanenga= Kumonga aratus
Zenbunga= Kumonga ultima
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Was Zenbunga in the two episodes with the Kumonga swarm and they just only now got around to putting it on the site, or does this mean we’re seeing the Kumongas again for the finale?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 pm Was Zenbunga in the two episodes with the Kumonga swarm and they just only now got around to putting it on the site, or does this mean we’re seeing the Kumongas again for the finale?
Zenbunga was not in episode 9 or 10. That makes me believe it'll appear in the finale. Only one Kamanga appears anyways, so there's no reason why they'd make a separate category.

Also, note the scientific name "Ultima". This makes me feel in a similar fashion that we will get a "Rodan Ultima". This makes the whole thing weirder though, because it's still a big thing to cram into the finale.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 pm Was Zenbunga in the two episodes with the Kumonga swarm and they just only now got around to putting it on the site, or does this mean we’re seeing the Kumongas again for the finale?
It was there in the chaos in a Blink & Miss It moment. It is weird it's only been put up now, though.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

NSZ wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm
It was there in the chaos in a Blink & Miss It moment. It is weird it's only been put up now, though.
Can you give a specific timestamp? If it doesn't show up again, I'll have to wonder why they put all these great designs into an admittedly as of now, inconsequential bug. :Megalon: :Gigan:

Edit, I found it. Whoops. Yeah it's in episode 12. Still strange.

Zen can mean all in Japanese, so I think it's name is like "All Bugs Monster" or something. Zenbu means all too, so it seems like a pun Zen Bu(g)a. Neat name. I just wish/hope we see more of it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Wait where did the Zenbunga name come from? Is that the Winged variants of the Gigan-claw ones (no one seems to acknowledge those)?

Oh yep it was
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:16 pm
NSZ wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm
Can you give a specific timestamp? If it doesn't show up again, I'll have to wonder why they put all these great designs into an admittedly as of now, inconsequential bug. :Megalon: :Gigan:

Edit, I found it. Whoops. Yeah it's in episode 12. Still strange.

Zen can mean all in Japanese, so I think it's name is like "All Bugs Monster" or something. Zenbu means all too, so it seems like a pun Zen Bu(g)a. Neat name. I just wish/hope we see more of it.
20:30-20:39 episode 9
I hope this is helpful
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

btw Rodan's description seems to have been slightly edited. No more references to the smaller Rodan's being adults

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:48 pm btw Rodan's description seems to have been slightly edited. No more references to the smaller Rodan's being adults
Yeah that felt like a miscommunication or misunderstanding by someone working on the site. I would have called them "version 2" myself.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Also, an interesting thing to note is that I can't find a trademark for Zenbunga
If anyone else wants to try find one, here's the katakana ゼンブンガ

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dinoskell wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:06 pm
EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:48 pm btw Rodan's description seems to have been slightly edited. No more references to the smaller Rodan's being adults
Yeah that felt like a miscommunication or misunderstanding by someone working on the site. I would have called them "version 2" myself.
Neither, probably intentional to hide things. Even when Aqutalis was unveiled they didn't name it Godzilla Aquatalis. It's what makes me think there's some big secret they're holding out for. If Godzilla never fights Sarunga, I'll be okay with it, but they need to bring back Rodan at least. Next to Godzilla, Rodan is the most important and present monster in the entire series.

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Judged by the scientific name of Zenbunga being Kumonga ultima. I start to think that in theory,each Kaiju has their own “Ultima” form or versions ,with Godzilla being the most powerful of all.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

I'd love for the Kumonga bugs to come back or at least be addressed since they're a major threat of seemingly invincible bugs that are mass propagating. It's a fairly big thing that it feels like the show has forgotten - no one has acknowledged their existence past episode 9. I'd be interested in a second season purely so that we could maybe expand on this and other things that have kind of just been hand-waved away (like maybe Yun's ear damage?)
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I’d definitely be in favor of a second season. I think there’s still a lot to flesh out with only one episode left.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Since the dub's out, do the pterosaurs retain their Japanese name like in GvMG2 or are they Rodan?