Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by Dracosaurian »

Just watched Episode 6 and I enjoyed it! But man am I bummed that they took down Anguirus.... :(

Added in 13 minutes 32 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am
Vandarker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 amLi also says that the kaiju are entirely different lifeforms that live off the Red Dust. Ashihara predicted this, as he discovered some jellyfish specimens that live off the Red Dust.
So, since Li states that the red dust is raw/basic Archetype, I suppose that we can view the red dust the kaiju release as “waste”.

The Manda, have absorbed a lot of archetype and now Godzilla was chasing/chased them. Godzilla’s transformation is triggered by consuming one of the Mandas, presumably they are filled with archetype, similar to how a tuna or fish is filled with Mercury, while also now being on land (based what was prior said about adaptation).

Man, now I’m really excited for the next episode!
Wait so G. Aquatilis literally hunts down and eats one of the Manda? Nice! I've always wanted to see Godzilla hunt down and prey on a lesser monster.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

In Case is living rent free in my head, damn.

Also all this discussion is really making me look forward to the show once it hits stateside proper.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

NSZ wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:01 pm In Case is living rent free in my head, damn.

Also all this discussion is really making me look forward to the show once it hits stateside proper.
Easily one of the best anime OP’s I’ve ever heard, bar none. So damn good

And agreed. All this talk and seeing the clips gets me hyped. Helps that i love all the designs
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Gotta say, the full vid for "In Case" is probably one of the most involved/detailed anime openings I've seen in a while.

I was kinda thinking they'd end the season on a cliffhanger, but seeing how fast godzilla evolved into amphibia in ep 7, I'm more convinced that they'll keep Godzilla's development into ultima short enough so that they can neatly resolve the crisis without requiring a cliffhanger sendoff.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

GojiSquid wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:25 pm Gotta say, the full vid for "In Case" is probably one of the most involved/detailed anime openings I've seen in a while.

I was kinda thinking they'd end the season on a cliffhanger, but seeing how fast godzilla evolved into amphibia in ep 7, I'm more convinced that they'll keep Godzilla's development into ultima short enough so that they can neatly resolve the crisis without requiring a cliffhanger sendoff.
Judging by the scene in the PV where one of the Mandas bites down on Ultima's neck, I'd say it won't be long before Ultima appears, maybe even next week's episode.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Haven't seen this talked about yet, but any ideas on what this is in the music video they released for the Opening?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

That's what I been wondering. It doesn't match any current monster.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:06 am That's what I been wondering. It doesn't match any current monster.
And I don't think we have seen it in any of the trailers before the series, though I could be wrong on that one. Also, we do see a massive group of Moths flying in a city too.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gojira2K wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 am Haven't seen this talked about yet, but any ideas on what this is in the music video they released for the Opening?
Could be the head of the Kamacuras/Gigan monsters. I don’t think we’ve seen their heads yet and you could see it as a mantis eyeball.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Gojira2K wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 am Haven't seen this talked about yet, but any ideas on what this is in the music video they released for the Opening?
That's a Rodan from episode 3.
Hi!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 am
Oh, yeah from when it’s on the bus attacking Ootaki and the students?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 am
Gotschiller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 am
Oh, yeah from when it’s on the bus attacking Ootaki and the students?
It's the Rodan that chased Yun and Haberu into the little house, then headbutted the door a few times.
Hi!

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

The music video for the opening was amazing. It looks like we might spend at least an episode with Godzilla Amphibia, and like he might have some sort of proto-atomic breath. I love the Varan-homage design.

The sky full of moths was cool, too. I wonder how they'll handle Mothra, assuming that's what's going on.

One other thing I noticed in the video is there seems to be a parallel between Ashihara and Godzilla. There's the close up of Ashihara yelling, and later a similar quick shot of Godzilla facing the camera and opening his mouth to fire his atomic breath, and I feel like there might be an intentional parallel. I still wouldn't rule out that he's orchestrating this from another dimension or something, Pacific Rim style.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Maybe it has to do with the butterflies from Varan?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 am Maybe it has to do with the butterflies from Varan?
So both people from Wikizilla and Toho Kingdom will make up any nonsense theory to justify them not wanting Mothra to appear. Neat.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

It's just a thought. It would make sense homage wise.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Interestingly enough, the term orthogonal diagonalizer is a real term, sort of (the process is called orthogonal diagonalization). While I'm not very well read into linear algebra and matrix mathematics, I do know these are terms of that field of math (I'd be glad to explain these terms to any one interested, but I don't put too much faith in my understanding of this material). I haven't been watching any of the show fan subs or other, so I'm not really sure what context it plays into the show's "science". However, the word symmetry has been thrown around a lot in this thread, and one interesting note is that Symmetrical Matrices exist in Linear Algebra, and apparently all symmetrical matrices are orthogonally diagonalizable. While not exclusive to orthogonal diagonalizable matrixes, diagonalization is a tool that can be used to easily calculate the value of a matrix to a higher power. Again I really don't have any idea how this is being used, but that's what I know. If anyone knows more please chime in or correct me.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:06 am
Denis wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:04 am I recently saw a size comparison (A fan made one) on Twitter. Where it showed Anguirus and the other monsters along with the Ultima, don’t know if it’s accurate though.
Link? I’d really like to see it
I’ll try to find it later

Added in 2 minutes 14 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am
Vandarker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 amLi also says that the kaiju are entirely different lifeforms that live off the Red Dust. Ashihara predicted this, as he discovered some jellyfish specimens that live off the Red Dust.
So, since Li states that the red dust is raw/basic Archetype, I suppose that we can view the red dust the kaiju release as “waste”.

The Manda, have absorbed a lot of archetype and now Godzilla was chasing/chased them. Godzilla’s transformation is triggered by consuming one of the Mandas, presumably they are filled with archetype, similar to how a tuna or fish is filled with Mercury, while also now being on land (based what was prior said about adaptation).

Man, now I’m really excited for the next episode!
It could also be something found in Godzilla’s red dust or something.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Are they trying to make Godzilla one in the same with both Titano and Varan?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:40 am Are they trying to make Godzilla one in the same with both Titano and Varan?
What do you mean?