HB Godzilla Thread - Season 2 FINALLY coming out

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: HB Godzilla Thread - Season 2 FINALLY coming out

Post by Terasawa »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:44 pm Heh. So why would they add that black box to the bottom of Season 2 and not Season 1?
As Legion said, I'd guess because they want to exercise some sort of control over those episodes, especially considering they haven't been released on video.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I often think about just how much more "Godzilla" this series would feel if Toho allowed, neigh, stipulated the usage of various main Godzilla musical themes and the vintage roars and sound effects.

There would just be something extra in the DNA if this Godzilla had the classic roar and Ifukube theme behind it.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think it would take most of the charm away, personally.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I wouldn't have minded an authentic Godzilla roar. But Ifukube music AND Toho sound effects? Why? Just go watch a Showa film if that's what you're looking for.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:53 pm Toho seems to want that black square icon slapped all over everything. Wouldn't be shocked if that's their version of a watermark.
It's them most definitely watermarking the episodes because they know the episodes have never been released officially like this. Not to mention it's not hard to rip stuff off of youtube nowadays.