Showa Godzilla Gamera trade in

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Showa Godzilla Gamera trade in

Post by miguelnuva »

Just a thought that I had.

After his debut film Gamera ends up 1955 toho Japan to battle Angurius.

Godzilla then appears in Japan around the time Barugon appears. How do each other handle their films going forward.

Godzilla and Gamera stay in character but they must go through the events the others went through. Gamera will hear Minilla and go to protect him and he will encounter Mechagodzilla not MechaGamera.

Example would be Gamera might kill Mothra imago but he might befriend Mothra larva most likely.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Showa Godzilla Gamera trade in

Post by Gojira1604 »

They're not that different in terms of tactics & tenacity. Scaling might not be good for Gamera as Ghidorah's gravity bolts should be capable of tearing him to shreds, theoretically. If not him then Mechagodzilla. Godzilla clears through Gamera's movies but never gets to face Guiron.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I agree about Guiron. Godzilla can't fly through space. Otherwise, Godzilla could handle the Gamera foes, but Godzilla wouldn't be rescuing the kids.

Gamera, however, would find MG and Ghidorah a problem. Gamera would find a way to win, no doubt, but it would be hard for the turtle.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

edgaguirus wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:05 pm I agree about Guiron. Godzilla can't fly through space. Otherwise, Godzilla could handle the Gamera foes, but Godzilla wouldn't be rescuing the kids.

Gamera, however, would find MG and Ghidorah a problem. Gamera would find a way to win, no doubt, but it would be hard for the turtle.
Gigan would trash Gamera imo. MG too. I don't really see Gamers taking them. The rest though, I totally think he could.

Gyaos wouldn't give Godzilla much of a problem, I always figured Godzilla's skin was too tough for the sonic beam to cut.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:23 am
edgaguirus wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:05 pm I agree about Guiron. Godzilla can't fly through space. Otherwise, Godzilla could handle the Gamera foes, but Godzilla wouldn't be rescuing the kids.

Gigan would trash Gamera imo. MG too. I don't really see Gamers taking them. The rest though, I totally think he could.

Gyaos wouldn't give Godzilla much of a problem, I always figured Godzilla's skin was too tough for the sonic beam to cut.
We really just ignoring Hedorah? There is no way in hell Gamera can kill Hedorah.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:29 am

We really just ignoring Hedorah? There is no way in hell Gamera can kill Hedorah.
The Fire Breath might work better than the atomic breath.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:36 pm

True, Hedorah's hedrium while able to disperse particle beams across the surface won't work on conventional fire. Also I think Gamera might actually be heavily resistant to a lot of pollutants given his diet.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

If Gigan's claws were able to make Godzilla bleed, Gyaos' beam could definitely do some damage.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:54 pm

If Gigan's claws were able to make Godzilla bleed, Gyaos' beam could definitely do some damage.
Godzilla shouldn't be too much tougher than Gamera in the long run. They both shurgh off the military it's just the kaiju their fight that set them apart.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:36 pm

I was figuring the same thing. Fire breath might work to dry out Hedorah.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I personally don't see Gamera loosing untill TOMG,.

Gamera vs Mechagodzilla might be a harder battle as welll but maybe the Fire Mechagodzilla leaves behind makes Gamera stronger.

Gamera might also be able to save Angurius quicker than Godzilla does.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I don’t even see how Gamera gets past Rodan in GTTHM.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:46 pm I don’t even see how Gamera gets past Rodan in GTTHM.
Gamera should do better against Rodan than Godzilla did. Gamera can fly.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:27 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:46 pm I don’t even see how Gamera gets past Rodan in GTTHM.
Ok…? But what can Gamera do to Rodan.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:29 pm
Stalemate him the same way Godzilla did until Mothra arrives. The second Gamera goes into his shell and starts flying he becomes harder to hurt than Godzilla does. Gamera's shell I'd argue is harder than Godzilla's head.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Like Godzilla was able to do ANYTHING to Rodan...?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Fair, but Gamera can’t do jack to Ghidorah, unlike Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Godzilla didn't do much to Ghidorah in their first fight without Rodan and Mothra.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Godzilla didn't do much to Ghidorah in their first fight without Rodan and Mothra.
That’s just blatant ignorance.

He was the strong man who grappled with Ghidorah and kept him in place for the webbing, and he was definitely who tussled with Ghidorah the most.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

What exactly did Godzilla even do to Ghidorah in their first film together? At least Gamera can fly.

And Voyager...Godzilla was getting his butt kicked all over the place and could barely do ANYTHING until Rodan and Mothra teamed up.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.