The Killing Bottle (1967)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Tamura
EDF Instructor

Re: The Killing Bottle (1967)

Post by Tamura »

I haven't gotten any complaints about the presentation of the films... it's not unusual for films to be offered as a movie/subtitle file bundle and I assumed most people who have watched movies found online have some familiarity with this kind of presentation. But I could try to join them if there's any great interest.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Tamura wrote:it's not unusual for films to be offered as a movie/subtitle file bundle and I assumed most people who have watched movies found online have some familiarity with this kind of presentation.
Sure, but there a lot of people interested in this stuff who do not have experience finding movies online.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

There's certainly some truth to that, but I feel most people who are interested would inquire about where the OP found whatever movie, like I have in the past. A large chunk of folks on here would just rather watch Megashark vs. Turdzilla or anything with some sort of a giant monster before a non-Kaiju Toho flick despite it featuring a large chunk of the same cast/crew members and having the same feel.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Synopsis from Toho's own English advertising materials (original source):

Resized Image

The export poster isn't too uncommon: there are two battered ones on eBay right now. I'm not sure any materials for the unreleased Americanized version exist.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Pauldaimajin
Young Farmer

Post by Pauldaimajin »

Where can a get subtitled copy

KaijusHunter
Samurai

Post by KaijusHunter »

Pauldaimajin wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:06 pm Where can a get subtitled copy
The new rules prevent me from posting a link, but it is available on Archive, with English subtitles. On Google, just type ''The Killing Bottle'', then ''Archive'', followed by ''.org''. It should be the first or second result.

The subtitles were funded last year, thanks to a now-defunct Patreon project. Five other movies were given the same treatment and are also available on this Archive channel : The Blue Pearl, The Skin of the South, Good Luck to These Two, Key of Keys and Come Marry Me.
Last edited by KaijusHunter on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Wait, if the patreon is defunct is there a way to get the subtitle file?
He Jock it Made of Steel

KaijusHunter
Samurai

Post by KaijusHunter »

If you found the movie as I instructed in my previous message, there is an option near the bottom of the page where you can download the SRT file.
If you have any more issues, please let me know.
Last edited by KaijusHunter on Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For the next 30 minutes, you'll experience a parting of mind from body and become swallowed into this mysterious time.”

thefishrac
Young Farmer

Post by thefishrac »

I've been looking for a subtitled version of this Nick Adams flick but been disappointed till now. I went to the patreon link in the post but it seems to be closed. If anybody can let me know if this is still available to download or where I might look I'd be grateful . Thefishrac

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Site rules require me to be cryptic, but you can find it through a Google search using no more than the film title and its release year. It's hiding in plain sight.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.