Those unknown old men in Godzilla vs Hedorah

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Those unknown old men in Godzilla vs Hedorah

Post by he-ba »

Does anybody notice the strange rock behind the middle guys shoulder that looks like a combination of Sloth from The Goonies and Domo.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

three wrote:AND. there's a woman in that image.
How do you know that it's not a man in disguise!? :P
how do we know you're not a man in disguise (as a milkshake)?
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Either they're indeed ghosts of the older generation or Black Hole Aliens. Both are pretty good theories. Either way, they're somewhat less creepy than the fish-headed hallucination people.

The Robber
Samurai

Post by The Robber »

Their corpse-like appearances contrast sharply with the vigor of the young partygoers. I think it represents the divide between an older generation, which followed tradition and always did the expected thing, and a younger generation which is trying to go its own way. It doesn't matter whether the old folks are ghosts or still alive: their conservative adherence to society's rules has turned them into living dead. The kids had a different vision for society, but with their hopes dashed by Hedorah, they're determined to make a final display of youthful, rebellious energy before being wiped out. The old folks look on disapprovingly, probably not considering their own generation's responsibility for the pollution that sustains Hedorah.
I've done a lot of crazy things in my life, but ... I've never stuck my head into a hornet's nest.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i'm pretty sure the one in the bottom right is my grandma.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

They're probably just a bunch of grumpy old hobos checking out this giant bonfire those pesky kids have made. As for why they don't run away, their remaining life expectancy isn't that great anyway, may as well watch the monsters fight.

gfan84
Samurai

Post by gfan84 »

I found out who these folks were. The answer came from Brett homenick from sidelong glances of a pigeon kicker blog. They were peasant farmers who were shown to emphasize the generational gap.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

gfan84 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:08 pm I found out who these folks were. The answer came from Brett homenick from sidelong glances of a pigeon kicker blog. They were peasant farmers who were shown to emphasize the generational gap.
Sounds like an interesting blog. Link?

gfan84
Samurai

Post by gfan84 »

https://sidelongglancesofapigeonkicker. ... -with.html
Here is the explanation for the old men.